Team-BHP > Modifications & Accessories
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 5th December 2005, 19:11   #1
BHPian

Stainless steel muffler

Hiya,

Can anyone tell me where to buy a stainless steel muffler for my 2004 alto in banglore? All I need is some change in the sound!, Not looking for any change in the perfomance as it is a small car. Also, would it be a wise decission to go for a free flow exhaust? How much would it cost in banglore?? help , Mods, sorry if I have posted this in the wrong section

Last edited by Knight Rider : 5th December 2005 at 19:13.
Old 5th December 2005, 19:30   #2
Senior - BHPian

www.automechexhausts.com ...mail them
Old 5th December 2005, 20:02   #3
BHPian

Thank you sppedsatya, I have just send a mail to Automech.. Can someone tell me where to look for a ss muffeler in banglore? Also how much would it cost??
Old 5th December 2005, 23:29   #4
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Knight Rider
Thank you sppedsatya, I have just send a mail to Automech.. Can someone tell me where to look for a ss muffeler in banglore? Also how much would it cost??
Hey dude.... you can find SS tail ends (they are only for aesthetic purpose) at any spares dealer... JC road is the best place as you will find various choices....

I honestly suggest you go for a free flow as a plug and play muffler for the sound can possibly damage the engine.

I am also from Bangalore and am very much interested in free flows for my esteem. I will get it from FRK in Blore (Next to Bimal Maruti in Whitefield).....

Have been postponing it for a looooooong time but i guess in a month or two i'mm gonna get it.....

Suggest you speak to FRK as the cars he works on are reallllly fast.... most of the esteem's that win the Speedrun/Drag meet in bangalore are modded by FRK. Yeah... speed is not what you want... it is sound... you will get the sound with the bonus of speed and FRK is reasonable....

P.S. Downside? mileage gets sucked... Alternative? Go for a K&N filter...... I have installed a replacement type OE filter from K&N.... cost me around 5k.... pure music above 3 to 3.5 k RPM........ Run a search for threads posted by me... and read the replies i got from dear fellow BHP'ians on free flows.

Lemme kno wot u think..... Happy Drivin.......
Old 6th December 2005, 00:15   #5
BHPian

Thanks a ton brother , Can you give me the number for FRK? Will have a word with them and probably i will go for the free flow itself provided it fits into my budget.. My friend was telling me that the free flow will last for 6 to 7 years, Is it true?
Old 6th December 2005, 11:48   #6
BHPian

my my adidya...u seem pretty well informed!!!..amazing!!
Old 8th December 2005, 21:21   #7
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by anoops
my my adidya...u seem pretty well informed!!!..amazing!!
All Thanks to Team BHP........

Anyways FRK no is.. 9845013130, 080-28511093. I have no idea if these nos are working though.

Good luck.
Old 8th December 2005, 21:39   #8
BHPian

aditya, hi this is adithya from bangalore, i have a ss malaysian muffler which i got it thru a friend who has a shop in jc road. would it affect my engine?? and how??
Old 8th December 2005, 23:01   #9
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by adit1329
aditya, hi this is adithya from bangalore, i have a ss malaysian muffler which i got it thru a friend who has a shop in jc road. would it affect my engine?? and how??
Oooops sorry guys........

hey adit1329, read my post on magnaflow mufflers.... i did read in somewhere in this forum that these mufflers could damage the engine... dont know how and if at all they would....

lets wait and hear from the experts.......
Old 8th December 2005, 23:04   #10
BHPian

SS Mufflers

Hi,
I have a SS muffler or popularly known as malaysian muffler. Just wanted to know as I read on Team BHP that it causes engine problems. can someone enlighten me????
Old 8th December 2005, 23:10   #11
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by n_aditya
Oooops sorry guys........

hey adit1329, read my post on magnaflow mufflers.... i did read in somewhere in this forum that these mufflers could damage the engine... dont know how and if at all they would....

lets wait and hear from the experts.......
As far as my knowledge goes ( and also lots of help from my friend who is a rallyist from Bangalore...Ranjith Ballal) the tail end exhausts are only for aesthetic/ sound enhancers and as they do not have any back flows do not cause any harm. Vice versa the end feels a little free. I have used the SS muffler for almost 4 months on my MPFI esteem with no probs....
Old 9th December 2005, 10:36   #12
BHPian

Silencer Tail Ends.

Any idea how much will these tail ends cost?
Old 9th December 2005, 20:17   #13
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by dmitri
Any idea how muh will these tail ends cost?
The tail ends cost around 4-5k in b'lore

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks