Team-BHP > Modifications & Accessories
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 26th September 2011, 17:56   #16
BHPian

Re: Steering Wheel Hub Adaptor for A-Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sankar View Post
The indicator auto cancel works now And here is my current steering wheel. Since this is not a deepdish wheel i'm using a spacer to bring to closer.

Attachment 614064

Attachment 614065
can you specify the model, price and place of purchase for this wheel
thanks
Old 26th September 2011, 18:18   #17
Senior - BHPian

Momo Mod80. Bought from USA, cost me around US $200.
Old 26th September 2011, 18:40   #18
Senior - BHPian

the first one looks better but the horn button will spoil your comfort. Second one has convenient horn button. Now you have two steering wheels?
Old 26th September 2011, 19:17   #19
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kutlee View Post
the first one looks better but the horn button will spoil your comfort. Second one has convenient horn button. Now you have two steering wheels?
I spotted similar-looking steering wheels but probably Chinese-made for a lot cheaper (about Rs.800). I didn't buy them because I need the horn to be easily accessible and the two buttons aren't as easy to reach. The original Maruti Suzuki Esteem steering wheel that I had melted in the Indian summer heat (somebody borrowed it while I was away and most likely didn't leave the windows open while parked). Whoever it was left his/her fingerprints in the melted plastic on one edge of the horn.
Old 26th September 2011, 21:05   #20
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kutlee View Post
No i sold the older deepdish one few months ago. Was using the stock wheel in between. Horn wasn't accessible quick enough!

Quote:
Originally Posted by MalluDude View Post
This one looks better, with that contoured grip. Is that the reason you changed the first one?
Quote:
Originally Posted by rajeev k View Post
The first one looks more charming to me. The interior ambiance changed a lot with the new wheels.
Both look nice to me

The first one with its center horn button and steep spokes didn't allow me to reach the horn button quickly enough in emergencies. I ended up driving placing my right palm on the spoke which then started to create pain in my wrist joint. Single horn button is fine if the spokes aren't as steeply raked (have used a flat wheel with center button on an earlier car of mine and it was okay).

The main reason i went for this wheel is not due to the contoured grip but because of the two easily accessible horn buttons. The contour grip helps too!

Quote:
Originally Posted by k_nitin_r View Post
I spotted similar-looking steering wheels but probably Chinese-made for a lot cheaper (about Rs.800). I didn't buy them because I need the horn to be easily accessible and the two buttons aren't as easy to reach. The original Maruti Suzuki Esteem steering wheel that I had melted in the Indian summer heat (somebody borrowed it while I was away and most likely didn't leave the windows open while parked). Whoever it was left his/her fingerprints in the melted plastic on one edge of the horn.
Didn't want to buy a non-branded wheel this time (had one in my old 800), so bought all branded stuff hoping it wouldn't fail me in quality. The buttons fall to your hand of you hold the wheel near the contoured grip area.

PS: Guys if any of you are going for aftermarket leather steering wheels and have a choice between Leather and Suede, opt for Leather. Suede doesn't last long and will turn out to be messy after some time if you don't use it with gloves.

Last edited by Sankar : 26th September 2011 at 21:07.
Sankar is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 28th September 2011, 12:16   #21
BHPian

Quote:
The indicator auto cancel doesn't work as of now, but i'm confident that it can be made to work with some work.
Quote:
The indicator auto cancel works now And here is my current steering wheel.
Hi Shankar, with Momo wheels is turn-signal-auto-cancel a function of the wheel or the hub ?

I'm planning to change my stock wheel to something smaller (~10").

Is there something specific to look for when buying after-market wheels so that the turn-signal-auto-cancel function is retained ?

Thanks for the tip regarding suede covered wheels

Last edited by im_srini : 28th September 2011 at 12:17.
Old 28th September 2011, 19:03   #22
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by im_srini View Post
Hi Shankar, with Momo wheels is turn-signal-auto-cancel a function of the wheel or the hub ?

I'm planning to change my stock wheel to something smaller (~10").

Is there something specific to look for when buying after-market wheels so that the turn-signal-auto-cancel function is retained ?

Thanks for the tip regarding suede covered wheels
The auto cancel is part of the hub adapter, get the correct hub and it will work like a charm. In my case the hub wasn't all too perfect wrt to the holes required for autocancel so it didn't work in the beginning. Correct hub for your model year Alto is easy to source. For name brand hubs you have OMP in addition to Momo. Isotta also has hubs but their collection is limited.

Most common steering wheel bolt pattern is that of Momo/OMP/Sparco/Isotta/Works Bell and some others. Nardi and Personal brands use a different pattern, PCD is different.

Name brand hubs are of a single PCD design either Momo type or Nardi/Personal type. But chinese and other less expensive ones which are available locally take both Momo and Nardi pattern wheels.
Sankar is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 25th October 2011, 17:12   #23
A.R
BHPian

Slightly OT, but can anyone help me find a steering wheel adaptor hub for a Baleno? I bought a Momo wheel when I was in SG for about 12k (INR converted). I was of the impression that I can get the hub easily here. But that wasn't the case.
I've searched everywhere possible, in Bangalore - JC Road, car accessory shops etc and places around with no avail.

Some direction towards procuring the hub would be of great help.

Thanks!
Old 25th October 2011, 18:19   #24
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by A.R View Post
Slightly OT, but can anyone help me find a steering wheel adaptor hub for a Baleno? I bought a Momo wheel when I was in SG for about 12k (INR converted). I was of the impression that I can get the hub easily here. But that wasn't the case.
I've searched everywhere possible, in Bangalore - JC Road, car accessory shops etc and places around with no avail.

Some direction towards procuring the hub would be of great help.

Thanks!
Try eBay | Electronics, Cars, Clothing, Collectibles and More Online Shopping eBay - one of the UK's largest shopping destinations

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks