Team-BHP > Modifications & Accessories
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 13th July 2006, 14:59   #46
Senior - BHPian

Wow Rohan you really need to tell me about this tuner if he can give you so much gain an 1.5, I imagine that he should be able to pump out about 155-160 from my VTEC!! Now what fun will that be

I think I can safely forget about the engine swap that I have been thinking about and go get some work done from your chap!

And yeah if you turn up for our next meet you could do a drag against my car and we could see your horsepower gains.
Old 13th July 2006, 22:19   #47
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by shamjithrp
Hi,
I enquired for a full performance exhaust setup for my S10 at Elektra outomotives chennai. They quoted 20k for a stainless one and around 15k for mild steel. These guys do a very good job job but dont know aout the price..Could you please tell me where to enquire for some branded mufflers and exhausts in chennai or bangalore??
In Madras you should check the PJ SPEED shop on ECR road, its a few meters before MGM DIZEE world theme park(if you are going towards mahabs). He has BBS rims, Mufflers and a whole lot more.
Old 31st October 2006, 19:22   #48
BHPian

I just installed a custom Magnaflow catback in my car. The system consists of a Magnaflow shiny stainless steel muffler (single 4'' tip), stainless steel pipes made by Automech and Magnaflow resonator.

The sound of the system is great - very bassy, kinda growls when started and not loud at high speeds (I have not done too much high speed testing as yet).

Differences have been
- Car feels lighter; pulls from 1500rpm in fourth gear.
- Able to push the car all the way past 6500 rpm+ (with A/C) when the rev limiter kicked in - kinda ran out of breath last few hundred rpm.
- Low end and mid range torque is fairly strong.
- FE seems to have gone up by an average of 1km/litre.

More to follow once I have had a chance to test this out a bit more!

Thanks,
-P.
Old 1st November 2006, 09:34   #49

hey people ive tried and tested all those mugen magnaflow borla exhausts and found out they actually hurt your engine in the long run because they are not designed for our indian cars and also those of you who think it did give performance please watch out for long term engine hassles which may not be solved by your company or your local mechanic. Also Please do not put headers as they will also lead to the engine degradation at a very fast rate. All exhaust modifications have to be done with care and proper measurment engine force.

PM me for more details
Old 2nd November 2006, 22:34   #50
BHPian

Ragster,

That in my opinon is a blanket statement - would you please care to explain this in detail please? I have done a fair bit of research on this subject, so I would surely like to know where you are coming from.

In the interest of everyone in this forum, what would be great if you:

- Could identify each of these exhausts that you have metioned along with their manfacturing specifications
- Describe how you have conducted the testing
- On what cars and what setups did you test
- What kind of durations you have done this testing
- What kind of degradation have you noticed and over what duration
- Condition of the cars you tested this on prior and after the testing
- What kind of warranty issues do you foresee?
- Could provide us with logs from lets say VAG or something like that which shows data to substantiate what you are saying that would be great.

I, for instance, have been using my copy of VAG to log air mass, timing etc. after fitting the exhaust and before te event and I have only seen better numbers. So if you could send the data to the contrary that would be great.

Thanks,
-P.
Old 4th November 2006, 17:18   #51
Senior - BHPian

after going through various post about performance exhaust i just stumbled upon an idea. please tell me how feaseable it is from performance point of view. why cant we install stock exhaust fitting except the header part of a larger engine car to a smaller engined car? like skoda or innova to a baleno or esteem. will it not be a kind of free flow for the small car?
Old 4th November 2006, 17:48   #52
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by gigy
after going through various post about performance exhaust i just stumbled upon an idea. please tell me how feaseable it is from performance point of view. why cant we install stock exhaust fitting except the header part of a larger engine car to a smaller engined car? like skoda or innova to a baleno or esteem. will it not be a kind of free flow for the small car?
Hi,

You are kidding right.

If not then the answer is no. Without headers there is NO free flow. Also the fitments sizes etc will be different and designed keeping in mind the respective engine capacities.

Viper

Last edited by viper : 4th November 2006 at 17:49.
Old 5th November 2006, 00:46   #53
Senior - BHPian

i do understand headers need to be changed for complete free flow but i am talking of only replacing the last muffler. welding can be done to match the pipe s , and fitting on to car body can be adjusted or re welded. will this make a difference, i am particularly interested in skoda rs (the almost rectangular kind if shape)exhaust to baleon
Old 5th November 2006, 02:08   #54
Senior - BHPian

the rectangular part that you see is just a show tip in the skoda rs....just bend a little and have a look....you can get those from ur car mod guy..
Old 5th November 2006, 18:57   #55
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by gigy
i do understand headers need to be changed for complete free flow but i am talking of only replacing the last muffler. welding can be done to match the pipe s , and fitting on to car body can be adjusted or re welded. will this make a difference, i am particularly interested in skoda rs (the almost rectangular kind if shape)exhaust to baleon
As danlalan mentioned, the tip is merely a showpiece, and not a part of the muffler (the accessory guys here call is the "silencer showpiece"!!).
Should cost you anywhere between 200 and 1000 bucks at your friendly neighborhood accessory store

Razor
Old 2nd December 2006, 10:05   #56
BHPian

Hello Octavia2. I've seen your car couple of times at CTS. I own a palio S10, not sure if you have seen it at TCO. Anyways nice to meet you here. I'm Ahmed Shamjith and hope to meet you some day. Its good to know that there are a few similar minded pals around you.
Old 20th January 2007, 22:31   #57
BHPian

FFE for siera

is there any FFE for siera(diesel)???? im planing to fix one in my siera
Old 26th July 2007, 17:19   #58
BHPian

I've recently got the Magnaflow installed a month back. The preformance gain was visible. The sound was more than visible. It's LOOOOOOUUUUUUUUUDDDDDD!!!!!! I asked my tuning guy (the Magnaflow importer from Mumbai) to get me a loud one (I like it loud, can't help it). He got me the loudest Magnaflow possible. Something called "Extreme Race Series". Cost me 10,000 bucks and it's worth each and every penny spent. Got caught by cops a few of times but wriggled out of it with the help of my Rally license (the one you get during ACI drags). Even at idling, it's almost as loud as an Automech muffler at 2500 RPM. BTW, whenever we go for drives, my wife keeps telling me to take my foot off the pedal cause she can't hear me talking.
Old 26th July 2007, 18:20   #59
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by adman77 View Post
I've recently got the Magnaflow installed a month back. The preformance gain was visible. The sound was more than visible. It's LOOOOOOUUUUUUUUUDDDDDD!!!!!! I asked my tuning guy (the Magnaflow importer from Mumbai) to get me a loud one (I like it loud, can't help it). He got me the loudest Magnaflow possible. Something called "Extreme Race Series". Cost me 10,000 bucks and it's worth each and every penny spent. Got caught by cops a few of times but wriggled out of it with the help of my Rally license (the one you get during ACI drags). Even at idling, it's almost as loud as an Automech muffler at 2500 RPM. BTW, whenever we go for drives, my wife keeps telling me to take my foot off the pedal cause she can't hear me talking.
is it a full free flow from the headers or only the end can.
Old 26th July 2007, 18:26   #60
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by akshay1234 View Post
is it a full free flow from the headers or only the end can.

Complete 4x2x1 free flow with mild steel headers.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks