Team-BHP - Magnaflow perfomance exhausts
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   Modifications & Accessories (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/modifications-accessories/)
-   -   Magnaflow perfomance exhausts (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/modifications-accessories/9064-magnaflow-perfomance-exhausts.html)

Hi,
I was just browsing through the Magnaflow website.. and i found that n1Engineering(www.n1engineering.com) based in Mumbai is listed as a distributor for Magnaflow in India. I was so excited as I always wanted a magnaflow cat-back system after seeing nad hearing and feeling it on my frineds Toyota Celica in US. Now since its available in India, do you guys think its a good idea to shell out around 10K-13K muffler for my Ford ikon1.6
Has any one tried out a Magnaflow on Indian cars?I checked with n1Engineering and they offer Muffler from Rs.9750 for aluminized steel muffler , Rs. 13950 for a stainless steel Round muffler.
any suggestions are welcome.
thanks,
-shaz

13K for a muffler?? U joking?? I use a malaysian muffler, which I bought it for around 5K in bamgalore...It sounds great.....

Quote:

Originally Posted by adit1329
13K for a muffler?? U joking??

This could be because it's imported and tax/custom duty added to the price.

Quote:

13K for a muffler?? U joking?? I use a malaysian muffler, which I bought it for around 5K in bamgalore...It sounds great.....

Hey where did u pick it up? please give me the contact details. please:

Is the sound very loud? does it damage the engine? does it involve any complex welding etc for installation? i heard these kind of mufflers damage the engine as it is not caliberated to engine spec's.

please let me know as i plan to go for a free flow but if there is no damage caused i would settle for a muffler as it is less expensive. Also let me know if it is possible to soften the sound in case it is too loud.

waitin desperately for ur reply.

Quote:

Originally Posted by n_aditya
Hey where did u pick it up? please give me the contact details. please:

Is the sound very loud? does it damage the engine? does it involve any complex welding etc for installation? i heard these kind of mufflers damage the engine as it is not caliberated to engine spec's.

please let me know as i plan to go for a free flow but if there is no damage caused i would settle for a muffler as it is less expensive. Also let me know if it is possible to soften the sound in case it is too loud.

waitin desperately for ur reply.

Firstly, it does not damage the engine, Secondly minimal installation that is only welding of a matching neck and it does not sound loud and harsh. It sounds heavenly..It just has a baffler and has no blockage for it to damage the engine guess u might call it free flow. which car do u have by the way.. mine was an esteem mpfi..let me know if ur interested will give u details for my friends shop in jc road..will get u a good discount..

Quote:

What are u talking about ... You must be kiddin...
The guyz wants a serious performance exhaust and not some malaysian version which just has good sound..
There are a lot of end cans available in the market but are they really performance oriented...
IMO a performace exhaust like the Magnaflow undergoes some serious testing as compared to some after market sheap product from Malaysia or Thailand...
Well If its just for the SOUND bit then i guess u can use any end can ...
Cheers

Quote:

Firstly, it does not damage the engine, Secondly minimal installation that is only welding of a matching neck and it does not sound loud and harsh. It sounds heavenly..It just has a baffler and has no blockage for it to damage the engine guess u might call it free flow. which car do u have by the way.. mine was an esteem mpfi..let me know if ur interested will give u details for my friends shop in jc road..will get u a good discount..

Okie dokie... gimme the details.... and how much discount would ur friend gimme? lol:

BTW can someone please clarify if this does damage the engine or not before i spend my hard earned money........ no offence meant adit1329... just wanna be sure....

Quote:

Originally Posted by n_aditya
Okie dokie... gimme the details.... and how much discount would ur friend gimme? lol:

BTW can someone please clarify if this does damage the engine or not before i spend my hard earned money........ no offence meant adit1329... just wanna be sure....

no probs get it clarified and then we could do the rest

Quote:

no probs get it clarified and then we could do the rest

:confused: i only asked for details.... no offence but you sound like a salesman lol:

I think the magnaflow exhausts have a casing which you can open up and vary the quantity of glasswool packing to play with the sound.

add more and make it deeper sounding or take out everything and make a huge racket!!

Quote:

Originally Posted by shazikon
Rs. 13950 for a stainless steel Round muffler.

Is the costs above is for a Muffler??? or Full exhaust system????

PJ

Well I guess i would trust a Magnaflow or a Borla more than any Malaysian or taiwanese made Muffler.. and hey beware those malaysian made mufflers may even be made in inthe back alleys of JC road :D .. and stamp a made in malaysia sticker!!
although magnaflow sounds a wee bit costlier one can trust the brand + you get a guarantee too ( but not in india i guess).. converted to Indian Rupees, the cost of the muffler would be around 7-8K in US + shipping and tax.. its 13.9K.. But i guess its worth the penny..

Quote:

Originally Posted by shazikon
Well I guess i would trust a Magnaflow or a Borla more than any Malaysian or taiwanese made Muffler.. and hey beware those malaysian made mufflers may even be made in inthe back alleys of JC road :D .. and stamp a made in malaysia sticker!!
although magnaflow sounds a wee bit costlier one can trust the brand + you get a guarantee too ( but not in india i guess).. converted to Indian Rupees, the cost of the muffler would be around 7-8K in US + shipping and tax.. its 13.9K.. But i guess its worth the penny..

Well if someone just wants to improve the sound is it advisable for such a muffler? would that have any negative impact on the engine? :confused: lets forget performance for once.....

Badly designed exhausts can damage engines as they have no back pressure can cause some deteriorating effect on the valves of the engine...
Havent really seen a busted engine becoz of free flow exhausts but as u see u use free flow only when u have those quantities of flu gases escaping from the exhaust manifold..
Jus for sound anything can do ... u can even make a small hole in ur present muffler and u can get the sound...lol:
Cheers

Quote:

Originally Posted by EVO6
Badly designed exhausts can damage engines as they have no back pressure can cause some deteriorating effect on the valves of the engine...
Havent really seen a busted engine becoz of free flow exhausts but as u see u use free flow only when u have those quantities of flu gases escaping from the exhaust manifold..
Jus for sound anything can do ... u can even make a small hole in ur present muffler and u can get the sound...lol:
Cheers

So if someone wants to opt for a muffler, What are the fine points to consider before buying it? Considering the fact that the same is being done just for the change in the sound?? Do you have any other options just to change the sound without the FE getting affected?? Advise please: