Team-BHP > Modifications & Accessories
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 12th November 2010, 09:52   #106
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sgiitk View Post
@navpreet318; I agree with you 100%.

My only interest in a remap for my car will be opgrade to the 140bhp map used in Europe/US etc. from the 130bhp map used here. I intend to keep this car for a decade or so, and am quite happy with it. so no boy racer things for me.
Your Civic's ECU cannot be remapped as of now then. You will have to wait for the Hondata FlashPro. Should be a simple plug-n-play job which you can do yourself.

@Sutripta: RPM is usually sensed by one of the sensors in the ignition setup, usually the CYP (cylinder position sensor), CKP (crank position sensor) or CPS (cam position sensor). As for controlling the RPM, I think it's the job of your right foot
Old 12th November 2010, 09:56   #107
Senior - BHPian

sgiitk: Sir the problem is that this is not a US or a europe remap.

Moreover the difference is so nominal that it won't be felt on our day to day driving.This is the feedback from a person who has driven both indian and the US civic.What we can do here safely is get a good filter like a UNI foam filter and use good fuel.I have seen that the civic in its stock form is pretty sensitive to fuel.

Moreover since you have an automatic the gains from a remap would be further reduced due to the fluid transfer in the automatic gearbox.since this is not a dual clutch but a regular fluid transfer autobox.
Old 12th November 2010, 11:09   #108
BANNED

Agreed it is the US/Europe MAP and not a remap. For us it will be a remap.. The Honda AT is arguably the best I have seen - with lock up at higher revs. Also, unless you use the 'S' mode it is very conservative in the shift points, with a very tall final gearing. This is why I have already seen 16+kpl on the highway.

Any small gain helps. Fuel is critical in any highly strung engine. Over here we only have the sarkari OMCs (with an Essar or two on the outskirts). Reliance also shut their outlets on the highways. They say that they will reopen when Diesel is also decontrolled - fat chance. I somehow am not too fond of filter changes. Once you read the Spicer report (copies are still found on the web) you may also think on similar lines.
Old 12th November 2010, 20:24   #109
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by pranavt View Post
@Sutripta: RPM is usually sensed by one of the sensors in the ignition setup, usually the CYP (cylinder position sensor), CKP (crank position sensor) or CPS (cam position sensor).D
My understanding too. If the ECU is to controll ignition/ injection, it HAS to know crank position. For every cycle. Only option to spoof rpm then is to fiddle with the ECU internal clock. Which no sane person should touch.
BTW, isn't CYP just a fancy name for another encoded shaft connected to the crank?

Quote:
Originally Posted by navpreet318 View Post
Ricky Ji i have just voiced my opinion.what has happened is wrong.this is NOT a community post to save those who're in line for the "remap" etc.And i do not wish to take part in any arguments/counter-arguments from the "tuner" or his "posse" , a feature that has been getting very active on tbhp recently.
Am I being referred to as a 'tuners posse'? Please clarify.

Regards
Sutripta
Old 12th November 2010, 20:32   #110
Senior - BHPian

Instead of pointing fingers & slinging mud. Let us try to keep the sanctity of this thread - sharing useful information. We all gain if we keep this informative - I am sure we all agree.

So without any further ado. Let us live the spirit of T-Bhp, sharing not daring !!

Having said that - I maintain that we ALL have a right to an opinion & expressing it freely.

Chill everyone

CHILL
Old 12th November 2010, 20:49   #111
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ricky_63 View Post
So without any further ado. Let us live the spirit of T-Bhp, sharing not daring !!
Sharing? On Team BHP? I must not be able to see the special hidden forum where people share technical info.

@Sutripta: I've heard of people fidding with the oscillator . That is the point at which you lose hope and learn to trust nobody. As for the location, nothing concrete. Hondas have the CKP, CPS and CYP all inside the distributor.
pranavt is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 12th November 2010, 20:55   #112
Senior - BHPian

^^^ (refers to post #110)
Whats wrong in seeking a clarification?

Regards
Sutripta

Last edited by Sutripta : 12th November 2010 at 20:59. Reason: Post in between.
Old 12th November 2010, 21:10   #113
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Sharing? On Team BHP? I must not be able to see the special hidden forum where people share technical info.

@Sutripta: I've heard of people fidding with the oscillator . That is the point at which you lose hope and learn to trust nobody. As for the location, nothing concrete. Hondas have the CKP, CPS and CYP all inside the distributor.

Neither have I , but what's wrong with sounding politically correct ? LOL

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sutripta View Post
^^^ (refers to post #110)
Whats wrong in seeking a clarification?

Regards
Sutripta
NOTHING wrong with seeking a clarification - buddy. Team-BHP is a treasure trove of information, deeper you dig the better. Unfortunately there are some of us who have secret agendas !!!!!

Why be so serious ?

Cheerio

Last edited by Ricky_63 : 12th November 2010 at 21:12.
Old 12th November 2010, 21:37   #114
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ricky_63 View Post
Why be so serious ?
Cheerio
Who? Me? Well, not yet. (Though I have no intentions of buying a Jazz)
Waiting for Navpreet's clarification. If I'm mistaken in my assumption, matter ends there. If not, it needs to be resolved.

Quote:
Hondas have the CKP, CPS and CYP all inside the distributor.
When the uninitiated normally hear of piston position sensor, he thinks of LVDTs or such. Not shaft encoders. Making a linear position sensor work in the environment of an IC engine, that too at 100 Hz would be engineering of the very highest order. Which is why I think CYP is a fancy misleading (though technically correct) name for what is essentially an encoded shaft.

Regards
Sutripta
Old 12th November 2010, 22:30   #115
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by navpreet318 View Post
The ecu has to be fooled that the engine is revving at 800 rpm lower than it is.this explains the increase in rev limit.this makes the give a different set of fuel and ignition values to the engine.
Lower or higher? Generally lower rpms have lower advance so i wonder how this is helping make power.
Old 12th November 2010, 23:43   #116
Senior - BHPian

Sutripta: well initially when your questions started it seemed so because this is how most of the posse start asking questions.But now when i have seen your replies further i think you are not one.Matter cleared i hope.

Mpower: Ask some real tuner.I'm just a customer.Voicing my opinion.
Old 13th November 2010, 22:50   #117
Senior - BHPian

^^^^
I hope so too.

Regards
Sutripta
Old 17th December 2010, 12:06   #118
BHPian

Re: Honda Civic Dyno Run no.1 - Stock

I have my friends civic mapped from Kiirus both A/T & M/T. We also participated in the Drag Race Competition held at Rajarhat,Kolkata by the name of War of Wheels 2. My friends civic was fast by 3.46 Secs compared to the opponents Civic. Bad luck was that my friend Akshaye Khatry's Cruze which won the competition under 2000cc category he romped our Civic but the Cruze won the 1/4 Mile race

Amittrajit Ghosh wins Ceat Drag Race-Wheels War II driving Mitsubishi Lancer | CalcuttaTube

Coming to the topic Civic 1.8 MT was tuned by Kiirus output as claimed was +upto 16bhp & 19NM Torque out of which difference was felt as instance after re-mapping the car is running in perfect condition it has been 2 months now & me getting my Verna 1.5 CRDi also tuned today at kolkata had already got my Ritz & Punto tuned from the same tuner all are booming in good output.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks