Team-BHP - Import duty on auto parts?
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   Modifications & Accessories (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/modifications-accessories/)
-   -   Import duty on auto parts? (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/modifications-accessories/9117-import-duty-auto-parts.html)

Hello:

Does anyone here know what is the import duty on auto parts and spares?

I checked the price of the K&N filter with local distributor--and found it overpriced. SO, I wonder what the import duty on the product is?

Those who are interested can check the US price of K&N filters here (after locating the correct part number):
http://www.autoanything.com

If you have any friends or relatives in USA ask them to send the part to you as a gift. This way you get a RS10,000 deduction on the CIF value (Cost + Insurance + Freight). You then pay customs duty on the excess over RS10K.

Just got some BMW type Angel Eyes Headlights imported from USA for my Honda CRV, Invoice cost 12500/- was Taxed 3500 for it.

Detailed info for various Automobiles Import Taxes can be found at

http://www.cybex.in/indian-custom-du...Code-8708.aspx

you have a online calculator to know exactly how much you will be charged

Hope this info Helps:thumbs up

Jokers charge duties on shipping costs as well. So that should be factored in.

Can anyone help me with this?? I am ordering an o2 sensor / idle air control valve for my type 2 honda city on ebay. They have intl. delivery, but it says nothing about duties. Would i be charged anything and how much? the part is for about 29$

Perhaps you could try asking the seller about it?

Also, an O2 sensor and IACV are two different things. I hope he/she is selling both for a combined $29.

Quote:

Originally Posted by dj sulz (Post 3133739)
Can anyone help me with this?? I am ordering an o2 sensor / idle air control valve for my type 2 honda city on ebay. They have intl. delivery, but it says nothing about duties. Would i be charged anything and how much? the part is for about 29$

Can't really help you but just wanted to share my experience. I ordered an O2 sensor on eBay for $55 including international shipping from a reputed seller. It's been 6 weeks now and I still haven't received it! :Frustrati

I will let you know how much the import duty was if I ever receive it.

Quote:

Originally Posted by pranavt (Post 3133815)

Also, an O2 sensor and IACV are two different things. I hope he/she is selling both for a combined $29.

From your experience, is there still hope for me to receive the O2 sensor? It's been 6 weeks now. How much longer should I wait before giving up?

Quote:

Originally Posted by pranavt (Post 3133815)

Hi pranav, I did email the seller but got no reply. Also the part is 29$ for each. The iacv is now 32$ but i need both anyways.

Quote:

Originally Posted by bowser (Post 3136239)
Can't really help you but just wanted to share my experience. I ordered an O2 sensor on eBay for $55 including international shipping from a reputed seller. It's been 6 weeks now and I still haven't received it! :Frustrati

Thanks bowser, Im thinking twice bout ordering it now since you still havent recived yours. Is there any place i can get it in India for that cheap. The company is really really expensive. Honda sells them for 18-22000 and i dont want to spend that much. denso has it for cheap but i dont know where in india I can buy it!

Quote:

Originally Posted by bowser (Post 3136239)

From your experience, is there still hope for me to receive the O2 sensor? It's been 6 weeks now. How much longer should I wait before giving up?

If it was coming via USPS, your package is stuck in one of the post offices in India (either in Mumbai/Delhi or Hyderabad itself). It will probably turn up 2 months later with completely destroyed packaging and the postman asking for import duties.

Go to the main post office in your city, take a printout of the tracking (I hope you do have that) page and search for it. Should take a few days to locate it in all the mess.

Pranav, according to Customs rules and laws all costs including insurance incurred (along with freight and cost of product) are subject to duty.

Quote:

Originally Posted by pranavt (Post 3136720)
If it was coming via USPS, your package is stuck in one of the post offices in India (either in Mumbai/Delhi or Hyderabad itself). It will probably turn up 2 months later with completely destroyed packaging and the postman asking for import duties.

Go to the main post office in your city, take a printout of the tracking (I hope you do have that) page and search for it. Should take a few days to locate it in all the mess.

It is indeed coming via USPS :(

Any reason why this would happen for USPS packages? Thanks for the tip, I guess I know what I'll be doing this weekend.

I had earlier placed an order for a power antenna mast on eBay and it arrived in 6 days flat. That was by USPS First Class Mail International.

I had some parts coming in via USPS, shipped from US in Feb 2nd week and till today havent reached me. All the best :)
Other package which was attracted import duty cam in after 15 days of shipping. Actual price for the part was 50USD but asked the sender to lower it to 5 USD and i have to pay 164 rupees duty on that. I was a manual cam chain tensioner for my CBR 600.
Well the chinese stuff reaches your door perfectly in time and no damage at all.
Always opt for tracking facility even if it costs a bit more.

Quote:

Originally Posted by mmmjgm (Post 3137042)
Pranav, according to Customs rules and laws all costs including insurance incurred (along with freight and cost of product) are subject to duty.

Yes, that is what I said. Doesn't make it right though.

Quote:

Originally Posted by bowser (Post 3137128)
It is indeed coming via USPS :(

Any reason why this would happen for USPS packages? Thanks for the tip, I guess I know what I'll be doing this weekend.

I had earlier placed an order for a power antenna mast on eBay and it arrived in 6 days flat. That was by USPS First Class Mail International.

Because USPS deliveries, customs clearance, etc are handled by our lovely postal employees once they land in India. With DHL, Fedex, etc, they are handled better because their employees aren't overworked/lazy. Hate using that phrase, but "you have to pay to play." And the last mile (nearest distribution office/warehouse to your doorstep) is usually done in a motorized vehicle, not on foot/cycle like with the postal system.

Guys, I've been ordering a lot of stuff frome eBay internationally. If it's one thing I've learnt, try as far as possible, not to order the stuff you need from US. When I first started using eBay in 2009 I ordered stuff from US which never came and didn't know there was a 45-day deadline after which I couldn't even ask for a refund. :Frustrati
I had given up on ordering stuff from outside India but then I gave it another shot and this time ordered a exhaust tip for my 2002 C-class where the item location was in UK and I received it within 10 days.
Ordered more 75 items so far and haven't had a single failed delivery from UK, Turkey, China, Honk Kong and Japan.
UK and Turkey took less than 10 days and when I order from UK, I ask the seller to ship via Royal Mail International Signed-For, safest and fastest from my experience.
Japan, HK, etc take around 15 days.
Till now I've never had to pay any duty for items coming through the post :)

Quote:

Originally Posted by dj sulz (Post 3133739)

Hey...

I own a Type 2 1.5 exi. And yesterday the car started giving problem on low rpms. Started jerking and the CE light is on. Got it checked on a scanner, swapped ecm's with my friends car and found out that it is a problem with the IAC valve. The authorised service centres have opened a big mouth and I dont want to take a chance for after market used one.

Can you please tell me if the one that you ordered from Ebay is working. If possible, please share the link for the same. It is just a little confusing on ebay for the specific part.

Also am not sure if you bought O2 sensor or not. But I did order one for myself from Amazon.Com and it is working like a charm. If requires you can search Amazon for Denso 234-4099.

Thanks,

Abhishek

Thanks,

Abhishek