Team-BHP > Modifications & Accessories
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 17th October 2014, 17:50   #91
BHPian

Re: Where to buy Osram Night Breakers ?!?

I've just ordered a pair of Osram NB Unlimited 60/55W H4s from a seller on ebay.in. Let's see how they turn out. Fingers crossed!
Old 17th October 2014, 18:07   #92
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by PMK-MoJo View Post
I switched from OSRAM Night Breaker H4 to Philip Diamond Vision H4 5000k. very much disappointed with the illumination. I have seens few people had good experience with these bulbs in this thread. Might be i received some defective piece. God knows
What I heard from a Philips dealer is that there are a lot of fake/replica ones being sold in the market especially that of Philips lighting products. May be the ones with better light output were the lucky ones who got the original ones. Just my guess. However anything beyond say 4,300 ~ 4,500 K color temp. will have relatively reduced light output.
Old 31st October 2014, 10:54   #93
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by coloneljasi View Post
I've just ordered a pair of Osram NB Unlimited 60/55W H4s from a seller on ebay.in. Let's see how they turn out. Fingers crossed!
Well, I managed to get my Osram NW Unlimited bulbs from the eBay seller after an extended delay, probably due to Diwali.

I have to say that I'm not too impressed with the performance of the bulbs, it's slightly more whitish in low and bluish in high beams. I wasn't looking for a colour change, but rather an improvement in terms of brightness and reach while sticking to 60/55W specs.
coloneljasi is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 31st October 2014, 11:43   #94
BANNED

@coloneljasi; The only way you cat get more light is to run the filament hotter (with the gas mixture to control its evaporation). So a bit bluer is a given. I was thinking of replacing the NB+ bulbs in my Brio with the ultimate. Now you have answered it - do not.
Old 31st October 2014, 12:08   #95
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sgiitk View Post
@coloneljasi; The only way you cat get more light is to run the filament hotter (with the gas mixture to control its evaporation). So a bit bluer is a given. I was thinking of replacing the NB+ bulbs in my Brio with the ultimate. Now you have answered it - do not.
The bluer shade is not that prominent and noticeable and shall not be a deciding factor. In fact I find it more yellowish than whitish or blueish. Having said that, the life will definitely be shorter than the OEM bulbs and it is also mentioned on the box. I changed my stock bulbs(still working after 5+ years) with NB+ six months ago and find them useful where streetlights are absent.
sourabhzen is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 6th January 2015, 22:06   #96
BHPian

I am also thinking of changing the high beam bulbs of my Fiesta Classic into Osram NB Unlimited. I am not satisfied with the throw of the stock bulbs (H1-12V-55) on highways. So, for a better throw, will it help to change it into Osram NB Unlimiteds? Can anyone help me about it?

Today, with a dealer, I saw Osram Mega White bulbs, of the same specifications. I was looking for NBs, and that was not available. The dealer was charging Rs. 1300/- for the mega whites. They also said that these bulbs do not come with any warranty.

Hope you are never stopped by the police with the NBs of the same specification...

Vipin.

Last edited by Vipin Kumar : 6th January 2015 at 22:08.
Old 7th January 2015, 23:31   #97
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vipin Kumar View Post
I am also thinking of changing the high beam bulbs of my Fiesta Classic into Osram NB Unlimited. I am not satisfied with the throw of the stock bulbs (H1-12V-55) on highways. So, for a better throw, will it help to change it into Osram NB Unlimiteds? Can anyone help me about it?

Today, with a dealer, I saw Osram Mega White bulbs, of the same specifications. I was looking for NBs, and that was not available. The dealer was charging Rs. 1300/- for the mega whites. They also said that these bulbs do not come with any warranty.

Hope you are never stopped by the police with the NBs of the same specification...

Vipin.
http://www.autotrends.in/osram-night...1-12v-55w.html

I have bought from them before but COD only. They're running low though, only H3 and H1 and that's not the newer Nightbreaker Unlimited either.
Old 8th January 2015, 10:42   #98
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by sourabhzen View Post
The bluer shade is not that prominent and noticeable and shall not be a deciding factor. In fact I find it more yellowish than whitish or blueish. Having said that, the life will definitely be shorter than the OEM bulbs and it is also mentioned on the box. I changed my stock bulbs(still working after 5+ years) with NB+ six months ago and find them useful where streetlights are absent.
At the same wattage the only way of getting more light is to run the filament hotter. So forget the blue tint on the glass (actually fused silica) it light will be a bit bluer.
sgiitk is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 27th January 2015, 17:24   #99
BHPian

I wanted to upgrade the stock bulb of the Fortuner to Night Breaker Unlimited. Dealer are asking which one I need H3 etc, hence pls suggest that is the size of the bulbs for the 2014 Fortuner.

Last edited by manson : 27th January 2015 at 18:36. Reason: Typos
Old 21st February 2015, 14:48   #100
BHPian

Hi friends, I was just surfing around for some information about the bulbs upgrade for my new Skoda Rapid. The stock light is absolutely fit for nothing and does not serve the basic purpose too!!

Upon enquiry with a couple of dealers, Osram night breaker unlimited seems to be the one they are suggesting. I am interested to know whether this bulb will serve the purpose or is there anything that I need to look into. I don't mind spending more for a product which is worth.

Two criteria:

1.Not to hamper the warranty
2.Within legal limits

Thanks in advance.
Old 21st February 2015, 14:56   #101
BANNED

On eBay I have done a few deals with car.n.more. Nikhil is a decent chap and I have had no quality issues with him.
Old 23rd February 2015, 14:05   #102
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rki2007 View Post
Hi friends,

Two criteria:

1.Not to hamper the warranty
2.Within legal limits

Thanks in advance.
Please check my review report on page 5 of this thread if not seen already,

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/modifi...reakers-5.html

I've been using NB Unlimited without any issue and is serving the purpose. Much better than stock bulbs. These do not hamper warranty if you stick to same wattage.
You can get these bulbs on eBay or Amazon India (recently launched Auto section)
mp417 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 23rd June 2015, 11:49   #103
BHPian

Quote:
Has anyone tried out Osram Nightbreaker Unlimited bulbs? I am trying to source them but looks like they are not very common.

Found a couple of them on ebay but due to recent border check post issues in Kerala (Heard there could be unusual delays and problems at Walayar check post) I am not so keen in ordering stuff across the border especially those which are shipped by road.

Any reviews / cost / details about Nightbreaker unlimited by those who are already using them and any info on where could these be sourced from?
I had bought Osram night breakers H7 bulbs from epitstop.in for my palio multijet last year. The bulbs were very good and they increased the night driving pleasure considerably. With our aam junta obsessed over using high beams on their cars even inside city, i could force them to use low beam with these bulbs.

Planning to get a new set of bulbs for my new ride the punto evo.

Last edited by ant_vas : 23rd June 2015 at 12:12. Reason: corrected spelling
Old 24th June 2015, 15:30   #104
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by gaurav013 View Post
I wanted to upgrade the stock bulb of the Fortuner to Night Breaker Unlimited. Dealer are asking which one I need H3 etc, hence pls suggest that is the size of the bulbs for the 2014 Fortuner.
You can find the bulb specification in the vehicle Manual.
PMK-MoJo is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 30th June 2015, 20:01   #105
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by gaurav013 View Post
The low beam is H11 and high beam is HB3.
But then also please confirm this with your manual as well.
divyankar is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks