Team-BHP > Modifications & Accessories
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 12th May 2014, 17:22   #76
BHPian

Re: Where to buy Osram Night Breakers ?!?

Quote:
Originally Posted by arunphilip View Post
How accessible is the headlight bulb in the EcoSport? Is it a quick and easy change? I've ordered my Night Breaker Unlimited, and am just waiting for it to arrive.

Thank you for your pictures, it was quite useful, considering I've got an EcoSport too.
The installation is very easy. Ecosports headlamp assembly is quite accessible. In fact TBhpian EcoBeast and I changed the bulbs together

Quote:
Originally Posted by Intelsingh View Post
I am residing in Gurgaon, driving a VW Polo GT TDI.
One of the mods that people recommend is to go in for Osram Nightbreakers. It seems different cars have different output with it.

Does it make sense for the Polo? (If the difference is marginal-would rather stick to the stock bulbs)
Any vendor in Delhi/ Gurgaon where I can get Nightbreakers or ebay is the best bet?

Thanks
The NB Unlimited are definitely better than stock bulbs. I am using NBU in different driving conditions and I am very happy with it.
I purchased from eBay since none of the local shops had these bulbs.
mp417 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 14th May 2014, 00:37   #77
BHPian

Quote:
How accessible is the headlight bulb in the EcoSport? Is it a quick and easy change? I've ordered my Night Breaker Unlimited, and am just waiting for it to arrive.

Thank you for your pictures, it was quite useful, considering I've got an EcoSport too.
It is extremely easy to change bulbs in Ecospot. In case you haven't already done it, here are some pictures of my head lamp that you will find helpful.
Relax!! I didn't dis-mental it just to take these pictures.
Recently I replaced my entire headlamp assembly. The last two pictures are of my new head lamps.

This is what the Ecosport headlamp looks like from behind. the bulb is behind the round rubber cap.
Where to buy Osram Night Breakers ?!?-headlamprear1.jpg

Pull it out and the bulb with it's connector is exposed.
Where to buy Osram Night Breakers ?!?-headlamprear2.jpg

Pull out the connector first and you will see the 3 pins of the H4 bulb sticking out. Observe the clip that is holding the bulb in place.
Where to buy Osram Night Breakers ?!?-headlamprear3.jpg

Press the clip gently and shift it slightly to release it. Then simply lift the bulb up.
Where to buy Osram Night Breakers ?!?-headlamprear4.jpg

My new head lamps:
Where to buy Osram Night Breakers ?!?-newheadlamp1.jpg

Where to buy Osram Night Breakers ?!?-newheadlamp2.jpg
EcoBeast is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 14th May 2014, 06:19   #78
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by EcoBeast View Post
In case you haven't already done it, here are some pictures of my head lamp that you will find helpful. Recently I replaced my entire headlamp assembly. The last two pictures are of my new head lamps.
Awesome - thank you for the detailed walkthrough with pictures, that is very reassuring

Your headlights also look good, particularly due to the double-barrel style you've gone for. Can you also share a picture of the whole of the front of the car, so we can see the overall effect?

I'd also ask that you put the above post in the official EcoSport review thread, as I'm sure it'll add a lot of value there to.
Old 14th May 2014, 06:45   #79
BANNED

Quote:

My new head lamps:
Fantastic is the word I got the moment I saw the headlamp. Speechless and jaw dropping beautiful.

We need more front end pictures of the car and this is one of the best installs on the EcoSport that I have seen after BHPian 'Ecosport rules' had installed the DRL and projector setup for his EcoSport.

We need more details on the pricing, fitment time and work involved etc etc.

Anurag.
a4anurag is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 14th May 2014, 19:24   #80
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Recently I replaced my entire headlamp assembly. The last two pictures are
My new head lamps:
Attachment 1240585

Attachment 1240586
Nice headlamp set up.
Can you share the cost and other specifications.
Also I need you mobile number and I am not able to PM you.

Do you work in myspace pune?.
Please finish your 25 posts quickly

Last edited by ecosport rules : 14th May 2014 at 19:31.
Old 2nd June 2014, 16:09   #81
BHPian

Quote:
My new head lamps
These eyes look fantastic. How is the performance? Can you share some pictures of the headlamps from the front, the light throw and the cut off line? I guess you've bought them from China. I got a quote for the RHD Headlamps from a dealer selling the same kind of headlamps but the reliability factor was so low that I didn't take the plunge.

Here goes the mail:
Ford EcoSport led head lamp LD ​
One pair usd$415
For now the head lamps are left hand drive version.
We will modify for you if you need the right hand drive.​
The modification fee usd$100

Shipping cost to India will be usd$180 By EMS. It takes about 7-10 working days to get there.

Total :USD$415+100+180=USD$695​
Old 3rd June 2014, 15:18   #82
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by the13thtee View Post
These eyes look fantastic. How is the performance?
Since it has projectors, the light output with regular bulbs was no good. So I installed 100 watt bulbs with a relay. Those work quite well.

Quote:
Can you share some pictures of the headlamps from the front, the light throw and the cut off line?
I have posted more details and snsps here: http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/offici...ml#post3446428

Quote:
I guess you've bought them from China. I got a quote for the RHD Headlamps from a dealer selling the same kind of headlamps but the reliability factor was so low that I didn't take the plunge.

Here goes the mail:
Ford EcoSport led head lamp LD ​
One pair usd$415
For now the head lamps are left hand drive version.
We will modify for you if you need the right hand drive.​
The modification fee usd$100

Shipping cost to India will be usd$180 By EMS. It takes about 7-10 working days to get there.

Total :USD$415+100+180=USD$695​
The ones I bought are made in Taiwan. I have seen the China version. Quality of China version is not that good. Taiwan ones are better. These are RHD and I got these from a local distributor who got these imported for me. I wouldn't recommend buying from the internet. It will probably cost you more and will take forever to reach you.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ecosport rules View Post
Nice headlamp set up.
Can you share the cost and other specifications.
Also I need you mobile number and I am not able to PM you.

Do you work in myspace pune?.
Please finish your 25 posts quickly
Here are some more pix of my car with these headlamps: http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/offici...ml#post3446428

I work in Xpanxion-Pune.
I wouldn't want to share personal contact details on public posts. My 25 posts will be complete soon and then I'll sure share contact information via PM.

Last edited by mobike008 : 3rd June 2014 at 18:09. Reason: Merging Posts
EcoBeast is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 3rd June 2014, 15:59   #83
BHPian

Quote:
It will probably cost you more and will take forever to reach you.
Yes, . What is the make of the HID bulbs that the dealer installed? I believe the OEM bulbs like Osram and Philips don't come under 6-8 K.
Old 3rd June 2014, 16:18   #84
BHPian

Quote:
Awesome - Can you also share a picture of the whole of the front of the car, so we can see the overall effect?

I'd also ask that you put the above post in the official EcoSport review thread, as I'm sure it'll add a lot of value there to.
Quote:
Originally Posted by a4anurag View Post

We need more front end pictures of the car and this is one of the best installs on the EcoSport that I have seen after BHPian 'Ecosport rules' had installed the DRL and projector setup for his EcoSport.

We need more details on the pricing, fitment time and work involved etc etc.

Anurag.
I have posted more pictures and details of the mod here: http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/offici...ml#post3446428

These headlamps are plug and play. Fitment time was just 10 minutes.

Quote:
Yes, . What is the make of the HID bulbs that the dealer installed? I believe the OEM bulbs like Osram and Philips don't come under 6-8 K.
I have not installed HIDs. I used 100 Watt halogen bulbs. you can get these for under Rs.300/- To install anything above 80 watts, a relay and a wiring harness is required. I got that too. bulbs + relay + wiring harness costed Rs.1400/-

OEM bulbs don't cost 6-8K. I think you are confusing it with something else. OEMs just cost a couple hundred rupees. I had bought a pare of 'Osram Night Breaker Unlimited' which is one of the best H4 bulbs from Osram and that too costed Just Rs.1900/-

Last edited by mobike008 : 3rd June 2014 at 18:09. Reason: Merging Posts
Old 18th July 2014, 20:53   #85
BHPian

Has anyone tried out Osram Nightbreaker Unlimited bulbs? I am trying to source them but looks like they are not very common.

Found a couple of them on ebay but due to recent border check post issues in Kerala (Heard there could be unusual delays and problems at Walayar check post) I am not so keen in ordering stuff across the border especially those which are shipped by road.

Any reviews / cost / details about Nightbreaker unlimited by those who are already using them and any info on where could these be sourced from?
Old 18th July 2014, 22:15   #86
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ajaypjayaraj View Post
Has anyone tried out Osram Nightbreaker Unlimited bulbs? I am trying to source them but looks like they are not very common.

Found a couple of them on ebay but due to recent border check post issues in Kerala (Heard there could be unusual delays and problems at Walayar check post) I am not so keen in ordering stuff across the border especially those which are shipped by road.

Any reviews / cost / details about Nightbreaker unlimited by those who are already using them and any info on where could these be sourced from?
Osram NB Unlimiteds will cost you between 1800-1900 for a pair. I am using them for almost 2 weeks, so far so good. Much better illumination and throw compared to Stock Lights. Ask some friend to carry them for you from Bangalore or Mumbai places, if possible.
agspins is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 18th July 2014, 22:47   #87
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by agspins View Post
Osram NB Unlimiteds will cost you between 1800-1900 for a pair. I am using them for almost 2 weeks, so far so good. Much better illumination and throw compared to Stock Lights. Ask some friend to carry them for you from Bangalore or Mumbai places, if possible.
I've told my friend to check in Kochi if its available. If not available there, I will try sourcing from elsewhere.

I have Osram cool blue intense which is ultra white. But I am looking for a little more warmer white, not as warm as standard halogens but a color temp which will match my OE Xenons. I am guessing NB unlimiteds will be a perfect match.
Old 18th July 2014, 23:43   #88
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by agspins View Post
I bought it few months back from ebay for my safari. Much better throw compared to the nightbreaker edition and is worth the money spent! High beam is more whitish and I could see it really hurts others. Low beam is good enough for almost all situations with this bulb.
BipB is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 19th July 2014, 13:58   #89
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by BipB View Post
I bought it few months back from ebay for my safari. Much better throw compared to the nightbreaker edition and is worth the money spent! High beam is more whitish and I could see it really hurts others. Low beam is good enough for almost all situations with this bulb.
I wont be using it for high or low beams. H7 is right (OE) bulb spec for my fogs. Its focussed very low and for the road right ahead only hence wont dazzle oncoming traffic.

The bluish tint light only looks white. Beyond a certain color temp, the light throw further reduces. I think NB unlimiteds have the correct color temp for max light output. Anything more blue or purple are all just reducing your visible range. Especially on a rainy night it becomes very obvious that these bluish lights are useless and illuminates even poorer than normal halogens.
Old 17th October 2014, 14:48   #90
BHPian

I switched from OSRAM Night Breaker H4 to Philip Diamond Vision H4 5000k.
very much disappointed with the illumination. More white with little blue tinge but not powerful. During rain its hell
I have seens few people had good experience with these bulbs in this thread. Might be i received some defective piece. God knows

Trying for OSRAM NB Unlimited(H7) in south Bangalore. Very difficult to find. Any reference please.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks