Team-BHP > Modifications & Accessories
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 7th November 2010, 12:20   #1
BHPian

Illumination for power window buttons etc.

So I bought a 9L rupee Hyundai Verna two years ago. Its shameful that except for the power window button for the driver, none of the power window buttons have lights on them to find them in the dark. This is for both, the switches on the individual doors as well as the driver side master panel with all 4 power window controls.

Similarly, many other buttons don't have lights on them including the ORVM adjusters, inside roof light etc etc.

I have since started using other cars, but my dad for his occasional drives uses the Verna and is mighty pissed about this.

Is there an after-market solution available?
barcode is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 7th November 2010, 12:47   #2
BHPian

I too have a Verna, I guess placing a small LED for all 3 door power window buttons and connecting the wiring to the master panel switch should work, again, easier said than done.
Old 7th November 2010, 13:05   #3
BHPian

it is pity! Even a sub 6L Ford Ikon comes with lights on Power window bottons all around.Try getting the lighting unit from it, ie if it is possible.
Old 7th November 2010, 15:22   #4
BANNED

^^ For that i like the Fiat Linea illumination feature. If you lock/disable the power windows button from the driver side, the illumination at the back door buttons also goes off to indicate its been disabled.
Old 7th November 2010, 17:36   #5
BHPian

Get some 'radium' stickers. That's the easiest fix I can think of. If there is sufficient light falling on the stickers during the day, they will do the job for you in the dark.
Old 7th November 2010, 18:36   #6
rkg
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mukundmenon View Post
it is pity! Even a sub 6L Ford Ikon comes with lights on Power window bottons all around.Try getting the lighting unit from it, ie if it is possible.
Even Indica Vista has them.

but even Innova V version also does not have them
rkg is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 7th November 2010, 18:40   #7
Senior - BHPian

Its not possible to fix an led. Well maybe possible but not practical as you'd find out when you set your heart to get it done. Best option so far is Salil's, to get some radium tapes and fix them. Secondly one could get some buttons with the lights inbuilt but that would be hard to source.
Old 7th November 2010, 20:39   #8
BHPian

my verna has them.strange?
Old 8th November 2010, 15:49   #9
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by sajands View Post
I too have a Verna, I guess placing a small LED for all 3 door power window buttons and connecting the wiring to the master panel switch should work, again, easier said than done.
Best avoided. It's too much of a hassle for something that doesn't provide any utility at all.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mukundmenon View Post
Even a sub 6L Ford Ikon comes with lights on Power window bottons all around.
Even my humble Indigo does.

Quote:
Originally Posted by wildon View Post
^^ For that i like the Fiat Linea illumination feature. If you lock/disable the power windows button from the driver side, the illumination at the back door buttons also goes off to indicate its been disabled.
That's just really cool. One of the "little things" that add to a feel good factor.

Quote:
Originally Posted by drchernish View Post
my verna has them.strange?
Strange indeed. Perhaps its one of the things that underwent the cost-cutting knife as the manufacturer thought no one would notice. My '03 Benz had a height-adjustable driver armrest that's been conveniently removed in the '05 facelift.
Old 8th November 2010, 16:14   #10
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by wildon View Post
Even TATA Safari LX has this feature. All power window switches are illuminated. If driver disable power window for back windows then illumination also goes off for back windows switches.

Last edited by anujmishra : 8th November 2010 at 16:17.
anujmishra is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 8th November 2010, 17:25   #11
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by salilpawar1 View Post
Get some 'radium' stickers. That's the easiest fix I can think of. If there is sufficient light falling on the stickers during the day, they will do the job for you in the dark.
This is the easiest approach that can be tried.
Old 8th November 2010, 19:15   #12
BHPian

I dont think such a small feature would help them save costs . If the panel on the drivers side can have one switch lit up I dont think adding 3 more LEDs for 3 more switches would raise costs . Its a perfect example of penny wise pound foolish . Even the humble pulsar has back lit switches .

I guess adding the radium strips should do the job .

I dont mean to offend anyone here , but I can find the switches on my punto with my eyes closed even though they are back lit . After using the car for some time , one kinda gets used to the position of the switches . Its a different story when you drive different cars everyday.
gautamkhadse is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 11th November 2010, 17:50   #13
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by gautamkhadse View Post
I dont mean to offend anyone here , but I can find the switches on my punto with my eyes closed even though they are back lit . After using the car for some time , one kinda gets used to the position of the switches . Its a different story when you drive different cars everyday.
When you drive with your visitors, relatives in the car, during night it is going to be helpful for them if switches are backlit. Or else, you have to switch the cabin light ON to make them see the switches. Not everyone will be familiar with switch positions of all car. Check, some of us here itself, might find it hard to get to the controls eyes closed, if you ride in the backseat.
Old 27th October 2018, 17:48   #14
Senior - BHPian

Re: Illumination for power window buttons etc.

So is there any solution to this? Hyundai has decided to keep us in the dark with respect to this. How can such a basic thing be missing from 10 lac plus Re car such as a Verna?

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks