Team-BHP > Modifications & Accessories
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 12th November 2010, 15:18   #16
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by underground1419 View Post
@all,
What is the best way right now for me to measure Kool Tint's actual performance?
Having blown money on this Kool tint film, I am considering running with these for some time, will have it replaced if it becomes unbearable.
the only way one can measure the heat rejection of a sunfilm is by placing it under a solar energy meter which gives a digital desplay watts per sq(m).

I do have one with me which i use to measure any new sunfilm that comes out.
Attached Thumbnails
Kool Tint - I got ripped off!-solarmeterinhand.jpg  

Old 12th November 2010, 15:25   #17
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by 929RON View Post
Click on the links below and you will see the similarities, Ironically Websoft is linked to both the websites

KoolTint -

Welcome to Pitperformance

See the layouts of the two websites, almost same,

Koll Tint + The Clear Heat Control Film

Welcome to Pitperformance

I Think these guys should be smarter than this, today's internet user is way ahead of all this obvious tactics.

At least if they had a virtual office address in the USA, it would have looked legit, one can hire a US based freelancer easily to maintain the website for reasonable from rentacoder etc

Guess what? These were the exact same brand of alloy wheels stacked to the roof inside Pitstop & Tint Mart. Look at the contact us link on the website, it points to Pitstop.

Smart a$$es they think they are - 3 different company names operating out of a single shop. Nice!
Old 12th November 2010, 15:42   #18
BHPian

From the looks of it, these guys seem to be procuring stuff (probably China) and marketing it under different brand names.

From what I've noticed they usually quote inflated prices compared to other shops in Bangalore. Add to that, misleading customers into thinking they are getting quality stuff would eventually come back to bite them on their arses!

@blueraven, dude I will drop by your shop one of these days to test the effectiveness of my sunfilm. Add to that, have some ICE work needed too.
Old 7th May 2011, 11:00   #19
BANNED

Re: Kool Tint - I got ripped off!

Sorry for bringing this thread out of the dead.

I just got a CR70 and a RE35 for the windshield & windows respectively @ a shop called Lucky Motors near Milan Subway, Mumbai.
Now, the dealer provided me with a warranty card for the CR70 with a stamp etc, but the warranty card for the RE35 wasn't provided. He said he would just need the bill and scribbled some crap on it (Plus, I think the RE35 has 3 Years warranty where he mentioned 5 years for the same). Going ahead, there is not a single watermark on the side-window tints, when asked about the same he said he had bulk rolls of the same which didn't have watermarks. The heat rejection is pathetic from the side windows. On top of all that, all four windows have developed serious Bubbles all over.
I think I was ripped off. Its just been 2 days. What is the course of action I'm supposed to take?
Do I go and fight with him for a refund/original Product or threaten him with Police action etc. Someone please put some light on the matter.
Old 7th May 2011, 13:10   #20
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheDevil View Post
Sorry for bringing this thread out of the dead.

I just got a CR70 and a RE35 for the windshield & windows respectively @ a shop called Lucky Motors near Milan Subway, Mumbai.
Now, the dealer provided me with a warranty card for the CR70 with a stamp etc, but the warranty card for the RE35 wasn't provided. He said he would just need the bill and scribbled some crap on it (Plus, I think the RE35 has 3 Years warranty where he mentioned 5 years for the same). Going ahead, there is not a single watermark on the side-window tints, when asked about the same he said he had bulk rolls of the same which didn't have watermarks. The heat rejection is pathetic from the side windows. On top of all that, all four windows have developed serious Bubbles all over.
I think I was ripped off. Its just been 2 days. What is the course of action I'm supposed to take?
Do I go and fight with him for a refund/original Product or threaten him with Police action etc. Someone please put some light on the matter.
I think you should first ask him to replace it. If he does not agree then call up 3M. You will get their helpline on the website, call that and ask for the Bombay persons number. That fellow will probably be someone senior enough. The fact that you got CR70 with warranty card shows that this lucky motors is a 3M dealer, so expect 3M to take action against him.

How much did you pay for the so called RE35? Infact the RE35 heat rejection should be a lot better than CR70.
Akshay1234 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 9th May 2011, 03:11   #21
BANNED

He agreed to change the films without a hassle, apologizing for the shoddy install!!! Although he refused to accept that the films weren't OG.
I asked him to put llumar SR35's instead (God knows how OG that is....I'm going with it for the time being) Main lesson learnt, "Never go to Milan Subway dealers, they patiently wait for lesser knowing customers to rip em off"
The price I paid was..
CR70 - 5900
RE35(3M)/SR35(llumar)...mostly duplicate :( 3600... +752 VAT bringing the total to 10252 INR.
Well as they say, Once bitten twice shy. No more Milan Subway for me, atleast for a lifetime.
Old 9th May 2011, 21:50   #22

My query may be irrelevant here, but I got suncontrol film for my M800 and without the a/c in Hyderabad heat I get totally drenched in sweat! Is it because M800 has a very thin body or is it because my sun control film doesn't work? I have suncontrol film on all the windows and the rear glass too except the front mirror. Is it common for interiors of M800 to get so got without a/c? The reason I am asking is because the a/c while switched on does not have power to cool the interiors for city drive! so whats the solution for me, Pros please advice.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks