Team-BHP > Modifications & Accessories
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 19th November 2010, 14:28   #61
BHPian

On normal days, how much do RRP charge for the dyno run? Would they charge more if I want to run twice, once without mod, e.g. tuning chip, after market air filter and another with stock in the same session? Anyone has an idea? Thanks.
Old 19th November 2010, 14:54   #62
Team-BHP Support

What i have "heard" is about Rs 3000/- per hour is the charge.
Old 19th November 2010, 16:01   #63
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by megazoid View Post
My ohc vtec showed 76hp at the wheels. My car has done about 1,30000 kms. The mods I have is a clogged airfilter and headers with FFE. Don't think these mods can alter the basic hp by much. Two other vtecs that came there also got their dyno figures and both showed lesser hp but the vtec wasn't getting activated on both of them. They were showing hp in the range of 60-62 if memory serves me right.
Can you pls post up your dyno chart? The least powerful car made 65bhp at the wheel and the best car with RRP Intake and exhaust made 75bhp.
What headers are you running?
Old 19th November 2010, 16:53   #64
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by opendro View Post
On normal days, how much do RRP charge for the dyno run? Would they charge more if I want to run twice, once without mod, e.g. tuning chip, after market air filter and another with stock in the same session? Anyone has an idea? Thanks.
3000 + vat = > 3300. if one session = one hour, yes. They don't bother what you do in that hour to your car. Multiple hours you can negotiate i think. You can talk directly to Prashant, 'orangeelephant' and find out.
Old 19th November 2010, 17:00   #65
Senior - BHPian

wow,bangalore guys are sure lucky.Performance lovers paradise.I have swift vdi,love the car,hate the turbo lag,maybe a turbo swap and petes tuning in near future and a new heart for my ol zen.
Old 19th November 2010, 22:04   #66
Team-BHP Support

Damper calibration rig

Quote:
Originally Posted by ajmat View Post
We then went to the testing rigs

Suspension rig - this is used to test suspensions and match characterisitics to both each other and to the proposed terrain. Reliability testing is done. With that, they can document the type of shims, inserts, oil vicosity required. As a result they take very few suspension spares on a rally.
===========
The cost of the suspension are high. A full superstreet set up for a Civic was around Rs 91000. Quality and research has a price to pay.
A small clip i would like to share to see how the rig works.

Old 20th November 2010, 15:02   #67
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rudra Sen View Post
Guys, thanks a lot for correcting me. Now could you guys tell me what's that HM indicates? Is it some abbreviation? If yes then what's the full form?

Attachment 455966
HM = Hindustan Motors?
Old 20th November 2010, 15:14   #68
Senior - BHPian

Found this vid of a back to back test between Dynapack (Hub Dyno) and DynoJet (Roller Dyno).

If we consider the 8-10% diff between the hub and roller dynos, plus the 9% altitude factor between Bbay and Blore, you get a total diff of around 19-20%.

Which prob explains why Joel's VTEC shows 22% less whp, when compared to GTO's VTEC.

Shan2nu
Old 20th November 2010, 20:44   #69
Senior - BHPian

Its best not to compare results between different dynos at different places at widely different times.

I've a more interesting question. If say Bangalore had another shop with a highly regarded dyno (say Dynojet) which consistently gave higher readings, other things being equal (esp. cost) where would you take your car to be dynoed?

Regards
Sutripta
Old 20th November 2010, 21:14   #70
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
I've a more interesting question. If say Bangalore had another shop with a highly regarded dyno (say Dynojet) which consistently gave higher readings, other things being equal (esp. cost) where would you take your car to be dynoed?
I would run at both places on the same day.

Find out how much higher the Dynojet figures are, then stick to the Dynopack (for further tests).

Shan2nu
Old 20th November 2010, 22:01   #71
BHPian

I would stick to Dynapack.
Old 21st November 2010, 01:32   #72
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaggu View Post
A small clip i would like to share to see how the rig works.
Hi Jaggu, is the shock-dyno meant for use by Red-Rooster's rally & racing teams only ? Can anybody (me, for example) send them a set of dampers to be tested (i.e. have the dyno graphs generated) ?
Old 21st November 2010, 11:24   #73
Senior - BHPian

This is truly interesting and very informative. I for one never knew there existed a professional machine to check shocks & set them up according to how one wants them !!

WOW, this is certainly great.

Cheers
Old 22nd November 2010, 09:58   #74
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rudra Sen View Post
Guys, thanks a lot for correcting me. Now could you guys tell me what's that HM indicates? Is it some abbreviation? If yes then what's the full form?

Attachment 455966
HM indicates block manufactured at Honda's Sayama plant in Japan.
Old 22nd November 2010, 10:07   #75
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by crazydiablo View Post
Yup thats true.

Another thing I wonder, all the runs were 4th gear runs, will that make any difference.

My dyno chart for comparison.
Yes, Usually dyno runs are done on 3rd gear pull and will show most accurate reading, I am not sure why they are doing it on 4th gear here, can somebody ask them why? also if u dyno on 4th gear your readings will be low.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks