Team-BHP > Modifications & Accessories
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 25th November 2010, 10:29   #91
Senior - BHPian

getting 200 out of honda is a big ask. Best contender is the RS still.
Old 25th November 2010, 11:21   #92
WRX
BHPian

Can their dyno handle all wheel drive vehicles? Given that the evo is here I'm assuming it can.
Old 25th November 2010, 12:10   #93
Team-BHP Support

I don't think they have 4 wheel rigs, right now. So for the time being its only 2 wheel drives.
Old 25th November 2010, 12:14   #94
Team-BHP Support

Arrgg... there goes my chance of dyno testing the GV.
Old 25th November 2010, 20:13   #95
Distinguished - BHPian

Infractions: 0/1 (5)

@Jaggu. It should be okay to take a part time 4x4 vehicle and dyno it in 2WD mode. It will not be possible for vehicles that are full time/auto 4x4.
Old 25th November 2010, 23:43   #96
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4x4addict View Post
@Jaggu. It should be okay to take a part time 4x4 vehicle and dyno it in 2WD mode. It will not be possible for vehicles that are full time/auto 4x4.
I guess you could disconnect the front prop if one is desperate but not sure how the nannies will react to that.
Old 26th November 2010, 07:55   #97
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by im_srini View Post
I'm not sure if this is the only reason they're conducting the runs in 4th gear. True, in almost all cars, 4th is very close to 1:1, but you still have the final drive (on the differential) to contend with. Does this dyno have an option of the operator simply entering the 4th gear & final drive ratios ? That should eliminate all ambiguities right ?
we test with overall gear ratio that is the gear we test on into the final drive.we have data for all cars and for which we dont have we have a setup procedure to check on the dyno itself .Dynapack dyno is being used by toyota racing , apexi and many other racing teams all over the world and we have the dyno calibrated every month.The dyno is accurate to half a percent.please check testemonials of the dyno on Dynapack website

Last edited by Leelakrishnan : 26th November 2010 at 08:00. Reason: missed out a point
Leelakrishnan is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 26th November 2010, 09:01   #98
Distinguished - BHPian

Infractions: 0/1 (5)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mpower View Post
I guess you could disconnect the front prop if one is desperate but not sure how the nannies will react to that.
Nannies won't allow this unless you can put the nanny to rest/sleep. Nanny will not know that front prop shaft is removed and will continue to send power to the front resulting in power loss to the wheel that has is attached to the dyno.
Old 26th November 2010, 23:28   #99
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by WRX View Post
Can their dyno handle all wheel drive vehicles? Given that the evo is here I'm assuming it can.
When I spoke to Ghosh (junior) he claimed that the Evo had been dynoed at RR.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaggu View Post
I don't think they have 4 wheel rigs, right now. So for the time being its only 2 wheel drives.
Essentially you need four Dynapacks.

Regards
Sutripta
Old 27th November 2010, 09:44   #100
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sutripta View Post
When I spoke to Ghosh (junior) he claimed that the Evo had been dynoed at RR.

Essentially you need four Dynapacks.
Yes you will need 4 rigs to dyno an AWD vehicle. Red rooster has only 2 rigs, so how would they have dynoed the Evo?
Old 27th November 2010, 22:25   #101
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vid6639 View Post
Yes you will need 4 rigs to dyno an AWD vehicle. Red rooster has only 2 rigs, so how would they have dynoed the Evo?
As I said, claimed.

Still, it would be interesting to see an AWD with viscous coupling on the dyno.

Regards
Sutripta
Old 30th November 2010, 07:53   #102
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sutripta View Post
As I said, claimed.

Still, it would be interesting to see an AWD with viscous coupling on the dyno.

Regards
Sutripta

We at the moment cannot dyno cars like an Evo at the moment but 4WD cars with diff lock can be dynoed
Regards
leela
Leelakrishnan is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 30th November 2010, 10:55   #103
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leelakrishnan View Post
we test with overall gear ratio that is the gear we test on into the final drive.
===========
The dyno is accurate to half a percent.please check testemonials of the dyno on Dynapack website
Pleasure to have you drop in at Team-BHP.

Welcome! and finally we have someone who is well qualified and can answer all the questions.
Old 30th November 2010, 20:14   #104
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leelakrishnan View Post
We at the moment cannot dyno cars like an Evo at the moment but 4WD cars with diff lock can be dynoed
Regards
leela
Thanks for the clarifications. And it is an honour having you answering our queries.

A question: How are units like the Dynapack calibrated/ certified? Calibration of a load cell on the reaction arm, and theoretical calculation from thereon, or calibration against a known power source?

Regards
Sutripta
Old 7th February 2011, 17:48   #105
BHPian

Re: Open House at *Red Rooster (Bangalore)*. Free dyno run, demo drives and facility

Was at the RRR last week with friends & we got to drive, a scorpio, innova,fortuner & the civic as in the pics. The scorpio & the fortuner where only moded with the suspension. The innova & the civic were remaped but were in between some further testing hence would only comment on the suspension. Also i only drove the civic & was in the back seat of the rest. The suspension has made a world of a difference to all the cars. The scorpio which imo rides like a boat handled almost like a sedan we could make sharp maneuvers @ arnd 60k & still get it to hold the line easily , also they did not nose dive when braked hard, ditto for the fortuner & innova. The set was a bit stiff as compared to the stock. On the civic the steering felt very vauge & lifeless but it drove on rails , handled brilliantly & did'nt bottom out or scrape the bumpers. There is a huge one right out side the RRR premise which it hanled with aplomb to my surprise. Cheers

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks