Team-BHP > Modifications & Accessories

Search this Thread
Old 16th November 2010, 23:00   #31
BHPian

Great day at RRP

Firstly sorry for delayed post, as some idiot stole my cars wheel caps . i was upset, was not in a mood to access net.
It was pleasure meeting Rudra sir, jaggu, ajmat, vid.
RRP setup was good and work station was neat(very very neat).
i didnt expect the workshop to be that neat, well laid out bay, workstation. reminded me of Kaizen policies of japanese where in workstation needs to be kept clean and free flow of work. that apart, all guys whom i spoke was very passionate of their work.( i whole heartedly liked it).
My thanks to jaggu and vid for patiently answering my silly questions.
Attached Thumbnails
Open House at *Red Rooster (Bangalore)*. Free dyno run, demo drives and facility tour-cycle.jpg  

Open House at *Red Rooster (Bangalore)*. Free dyno run, demo drives and facility tour-civic.jpg  

Open House at *Red Rooster (Bangalore)*. Free dyno run, demo drives and facility tour-fclutch.jpg  

Open House at *Red Rooster (Bangalore)*. Free dyno run, demo drives and facility tour-hub.jpg  

Open House at *Red Rooster (Bangalore)*. Free dyno run, demo drives and facility tour-rally.jpg  

Open House at *Red Rooster (Bangalore)*. Free dyno run, demo drives and facility tour-seats.jpg  

Open House at *Red Rooster (Bangalore)*. Free dyno run, demo drives and facility tour-tuning-box.jpg  

Open House at *Red Rooster (Bangalore)*. Free dyno run, demo drives and facility tour-entry.jpg  

Open House at *Red Rooster (Bangalore)*. Free dyno run, demo drives and facility tour-reading.jpg  

Open House at *Red Rooster (Bangalore)*. Free dyno run, demo drives and facility tour-suspension.jpg  

Open House at *Red Rooster (Bangalore)*. Free dyno run, demo drives and facility tour-mcivic.jpg  

Old 16th November 2010, 23:02   #32
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mpower View Post
Any idea how much was the AFR? I guess we can check the filter and verify that theory.
It went to 12.7 lowest value on my car.
Old 17th November 2010, 02:19   #33
BHPian

You lucky Bangalore guys

Awesome facility I still remember the first time I met Leela-Krishnan, it was way back in June 1996, at the MRF-Power-House facility (this place even had an engine dyno), where he was preparing the MRF rally cars for Naren-Kumar & Arjun-Balu. He was already a 4-time rally winner, but was still immensely approachable. Is the MRF-Power-House facility still in operation ?

Quote:
Originally Posted by ajmat View Post
Suspension rig - this is used to test suspensions and match characteristics to both each other and to the proposed terrain. They test suspension travel rate at up to 1m/s through 0.7m/s second is the norm.
Quote:
Originally Posted by ajmat View Post
Head Flowmeter rig, here the cylinder head is mounted along with probes and inflow/ outflow velocities are measured.
Can a customer ask for measurements on the shock-dyno & flow bench ? I have a set of D2 rally dampers for which I need the dyno graphs & a very special head & camshaft combo that I'd like to get the flow numbers for.

Quote:
Originally Posted by vid6639 View Post
It went to 12.7 lowest value on my car.
Even if the air-filter is choked, shouldn't the ECU be correcting fuel trim to compensate ? Could 12.7 simply be because the test was done at WOT ? Or even because the coolant temperature was low & the ECU wasn't in closed-loop ?

Last edited by im_srini : 17th November 2010 at 02:24.
Old 17th November 2010, 12:41   #34
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kutlee View Post
The Turbo swift was 'claimed' to develop 250 horses. I seriously doubt it. Highest power among tuned ones (couple of there may be others) was 146 turbo OHC done by Leela and one 380 bhp Cedia also done by Leela.
The turbo swift puts out 119 Hp at the wheel. The correction factor could be anything between 20% to 30% depending on the vehicle, state of the gearbox etc.
Old 17th November 2010, 13:27   #35
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Awesome pictures! If Bombay had such a professional organisation, I'd be talking to them about a turbo / super charger right now. As Ajmat posted, you get what you pay for. Want quality? Be prepared to pay $$$ for it. I'd rather get a modification that works than a cheap, unreliable job. That said, we don't have any owner reviews of Red Rooster's cars. Am hoping some BHPian gets his car modified, and then posts on the long-term reliability / durability aspect .

@ Ajmat : Corolla is also rated for 130 BHP, NOT 120.
Old 17th November 2010, 14:31   #36
BHPian

Heard and read that a getz crdi pulled 110bhp, any idea what works done to that hatch ??
Old 17th November 2010, 18:14   #37
Senior - BHPian

Hats off to RRP for such a brilliant setup. It inspires confidence just looking at the pictures. Wish we had something close to this here in NCR / Delhi.

Someone has posted that there was a 250 Bhp Swift they've done. Is that with the OE 1.3L engine ? (modded of course) I am curious as my Swift is also waiting to get TC'd

Thanks for sharing the pics.

Cheers
Old 17th November 2010, 18:36   #38
Senior - BHPian

With this type of hub dyno, it must take quite a bit longer to set up each car. Not exactly a drive-thru facility.
Quote:
Originally Posted by im_srini View Post
Even if the air-filter is choked, shouldn't the ECU be correcting fuel trim to compensate ? Could 12.7 simply be because the test was done at WOT ?
Only if its MAF type. Dyno pulls are always at WOT/
Old 17th November 2010, 18:47   #39
BHPian

It takes about 15mins to hook up a car. Very professionaly and carefully done.

Dont go by the 250hp numbers. When I saw it, it was only running about 7psi which is about 125bhp at the crank. Yeah they can take it to 250bhp at the crank again its running fully forged internals with a built engine. But I was happy about reports of turboed swift running as daily drivers at around 7-8psi.
Old 17th November 2010, 19:16   #40
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by s.prashanth View Post
graeat day at RRR, my civic scored 86 bhp at the wheel. Wooried .
How is your car otherwise, do you feel its sluggish? How is the FE? If you dont have concerns about this, don't bother too much. Oh and a very well kept car its is

Just curious, how did you treat the car during run in period? Was it run very carefully and at low revs? If so that can be an issue.

ps: Don't expect the dealer workshop to help you with this one, unless you have very good relation/contact with them

EDIT: Almost all the cars were warmed up when they did the dyno, just the careful maneuvering and parking into the bay ensured the required heating up.

Last edited by Jaggu : 17th November 2010 at 19:18.
Old 17th November 2010, 19:24   #41
Senior - BHPian

About 35K for 'Power Drive' & 1.65L for 'Turbo Drive' I'd say its a good price considering the 1 year warranty on components and after sales support as well. Much better than what the others in the market are offering at the moment.
Old 17th November 2010, 20:04   #42
BHPian

I dont think there is anything wrong with the Civic. Dont compare it to other dyno figures. Just keep this as a reference point if you are modding.
Old 17th November 2010, 20:26   #43
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by crazydiablo View Post
It takes about 15mins to hook up a car. Very professionaly and carefully done.

Dont go by the 250hp numbers. When I saw it, it was only running about 7psi which is about 125bhp at the crank. Yeah they can take it to 250bhp at the crank again its running fully forged internals with a built engine. But I was happy about reports of turboed swift running as daily drivers at around 7-8psi.

Yeah I see what you are saying. 125 Bhp seems like a respectable number for the Swift on OE engine TC'd & running at 7psi.

I would go the extra mile (forged internals) if I have the itch to go any faster. It'd cost a packet though.

So at the end of the day it is relative, do I want it or not.

@praful

Which car is it that is costing 1.65 for the turbo setup ?

Thanks

Cheers

Last edited by Ricky_63 : 17th November 2010 at 20:28.
Old 18th November 2010, 12:03   #44
BHPian

Heres my experience at RRP. Went there this saturday and was very impressed by the facility. I appreciate the personal care and attention they give to an individual .
My stock mondeo came out with 102WHP around 138 bhp if I am not wrong.
It was a nice, loved the turbo`ed swift and had a peek under their rally car hood.
Here are the pics
Open House at *Red Rooster (Bangalore)*. Free dyno run, demo drives and facility tour-dsc_0068.jpg

Open House at *Red Rooster (Bangalore)*. Free dyno run, demo drives and facility tour-dsc_0069.jpg

Open House at *Red Rooster (Bangalore)*. Free dyno run, demo drives and facility tour-dsc_0070.jpg

Open House at *Red Rooster (Bangalore)*. Free dyno run, demo drives and facility tour-dsc_0073.jpg

Open House at *Red Rooster (Bangalore)*. Free dyno run, demo drives and facility tour-dsc_0071.jpg

Open House at *Red Rooster (Bangalore)*. Free dyno run, demo drives and facility tour-dsc_0074.jpg

Open House at *Red Rooster (Bangalore)*. Free dyno run, demo drives and facility tour-dsc_0075.jpg

Open House at *Red Rooster (Bangalore)*. Free dyno run, demo drives and facility tour-dsc_0076.jpg

Open House at *Red Rooster (Bangalore)*. Free dyno run, demo drives and facility tour-dsc_0077.jpg

Open House at *Red Rooster (Bangalore)*. Free dyno run, demo drives and facility tour-20101115104930_00001.jpg
Old 18th November 2010, 13:00   #45
Team-BHP Support

Ah yes, the VW Beetle - that belings to Leela Krishna - he has a collection of vintage cars, he is restoring this when he gets time and the parts. The BMW 3 series seen is his commuter car!! I dont know whether any additions are on that. He also has a Porsche 944S Turbo

Most Viewed