Team-BHP > Road Safety
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 16th December 2005, 12:12   #16
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rahulmd
Deepak, In Bangalore you can check at the Baby Shop on Ulsoor road. He keeps quite a good range.

I think till they are 4kg, it has to be a rear facing one and from 4-18 front facing and from 18-xyz a booster seat. There are models available which can work as all three. DOnt know whether they are good comfortwise though.

Also make sure that the seat is reclinable. Otherwise you will see that the poor kid has a lot of difficulty sleeping on long drives.
Rahul, thanks for pointing this out. My little Smriti is now about 6kg. So, I guess I need to look for a front facing seat. I will anyhow go to that place in Ulsoor and check out what they have. Another info I wanted to know is whether these seats can be fit in and removed as and when required.
Old 18th December 2005, 21:04   #17
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by k36
Navin: Which Britax model do you have? Can it be used on the central rear seat (using 2 point seat belt)?.
I think what we have is called the Marathon. Our finicky son has chosen this seat over others and he could care less what the brand or cost was.

It is not advisable to keep the child in any seat execpt for the seat that is in the rear left of the car. if you have 2 kids under 18kg the smaller/younger kid gets the coveted spot. for twins it is toss up. for triplets or more get a Toyota Innova or larger vehicle. :-)

the center seat belt is not properly anchored to the chassis. it is not the best seat in the house. the left rear seat allows you to keep an eye on the infant easier that the seat directly behind you. I used a mirror on the passenger sun visor to help me. my wife (like most mothers) has ESP. she can tell how her son is dong from 3000 miles away.
navin is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 19th December 2005, 00:09   #18
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by deepakhon
Another info I wanted to know is whether these seats can be fit in and removed as and when required.
Yep, can be removed and put back in whenever required. Probably take you about 5 mins to thread the seat belt through the right grooves in the child seat and put it in position....
Old 20th December 2005, 15:39   #19
k36
BHPian

Thanks guys for the helpful comments.
I'll keep you posted on my choice, but that might take a while.
Old 10th April 2006, 14:47   #20
k36
BHPian

Need help guys.
I'm unable to find well known brands in the market. I checked almost all stores suggested in response to this thread. All I got to see was some never-heard-of Chinse brands. I don't want to take a risk and am looking for some known models from well-known brands.
Please respond if you have seen any Britax, Evenflo, Graco or Eddie Breur seat being on sale in Pune/Mumbai. If specific information is available, I can get even my Chennai and Bangalore friends to check out in these cities.

Has anyone tried purchasing these from Amazon or other similar website?

I can also consider a second-hand piece if its in good condition. Please help.
Old 10th April 2006, 16:53   #21
Team-BHP Support

I have seen Graco available in Mumbai. Prices around Rs. 7000 but this was 4 years ago when our son was born. If you are in Mumbai the bet place to look are places like Just Mom's and Adornica on Warden (Bhulabhai Desai Rd) near Breach Candy Hospital.

Britax sell for about twice the price of Graco and Evelflo in the US. BTW I am told that Graco and Evenflo are now owned by the same congloromate.

The same with strollers.

My neice and my brother in law's friend have already reserved our car seats (for their kids) once our son outgrows them. Since their kids are still in the oven and our son will soon approach the 18kg limit (at 4+ years) it would time for him to move out of the car seat anyway. MY niece will get th Britax as she is family my BIL's friend can choose or take both the others.

Last edited by navin : 10th April 2006 at 16:55.
Old 10th April 2006, 19:18   #22
k36
BHPian

Hi Navin,
I had checked with Just Moms about a month ago. They had only one piece suitable for my son. The brand was "Me Moms" (chinese). The problem I was with that piece was it was too difficult to buckle up a fussy child in it and too easy for the child to open the buckle!!!
Adornica was closed.. I guess for renovations.
Thanks anyway.
Guys ... please .. search around and help me !!
Old 10th April 2006, 19:50   #23
BANNED

Hi,

Did you try out Lifestle Store at Phoenix Mills they do have a wide range. Also there are 4-5 shops for all baby essentials including Car Seats & Strollers in Juhu area next to Kala Niketan. You should definitely get a Graco at any of these cannot comment on the other brands.

Viper
Old 11th April 2006, 11:13   #24
k36
BHPian

Yes Viper,
Following your info I checked at Lifestyle (they had just one piece.. that too for newborns), Just Moms, Premsons, Kamdhenu and even in Bandra. No success in getting any recognized brand and not more than 2-3 seats available anywhere. Definitely no Graco.
Old 11th April 2006, 11:35   #25
Team-BHP Support

I asked all my friends who have car seats. All of them had them flown down from the US. We got all 3 of ours that way too. Various friends carried them.
Old 20th April 2006, 22:22   #26
BHPian

Where can I get a child booster seat / car seat? (in Bangalore / Gurgaon)

We need to get a booster seat for our three (almost four) year old; the type that has no back, just a firm cushion underneath to raise & support them.

I tried Lifestyle in DT mall today but no luck. Anyone know a place around here where I can get one of these?

Cheers.
Old 21st April 2006, 16:14   #27
BHPian

Can anyone help? I need to get this tomorrow.
Old 21st April 2006, 16:31   #28
Team-BHP Support

Ashok we've been looking for one too. right now we fashioned one out of old towels but that is really not an ideal solution.
Old 21st April 2006, 17:05   #29
aZa
Senior - BHPian

Guys explain what is this ... probably with pictures i'll find out if its available here in noida
Old 22nd April 2006, 02:37   #30
BHPian

One in Chennai

http://www.nhtsa.dot.gov/CPS/booster...e/outside.html

http://www.boosterseat.gov/cfapps/bo...action=results

Even I am seraching one for my daughter in Chennai. Anybody else do let me know.

Links above

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks