Team-BHP > Modifications & Accessories
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 14th January 2006, 02:43   #16
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by v1p3r
I hear a figure of 4 lakhs for the Evo upgrade kit. Doesn't include rims, I think. Maybe this cost is excluding customs and duties etc...
If he meant upgrade from his older mivec engine.Then its possible.
Otherwise its not.Actual figure was 4x the amt u mentioned.He was here in bangalore 2 weeks back.Confirmed it once again.

A mivec lancer,which is 1600cc 185hp stock without a turbo. The engine transplant + suspension + brakes cost 3 lacs.There was no mods done on the engine.

Jd 's car was running about 300 hp. Its 2ltr Evo + turbo + suspen parts+ brakes+ OZ rims+ fancy tyres. U figure the maths out........
Old 14th January 2006, 02:49   #17
BANNED

Infractions: 0/1 (10)

Quote:
Originally Posted by cinclaturbo
If he meant upgrade from his older mivec engine.Then its possible.
Otherwise its not.Actual figure was 4x the amt u mentioned.He was here in bangalore 2 weeks back.Confirmed it once again.

Jd 's car was running about 300 hp. Its 2ltr Evo + turbo + suspen parts+ brakes+ OZ rims+ fancy tyres. U figure the maths out........
yes JD has spent a lot on that car more than 5x actually and he was here 2 weeks back ..
Old 14th January 2006, 02:55   #18
Senior - BHPian

True enough. My bad on the figures.

Last edited by v1p3r : 14th January 2006 at 03:03.
Old 15th January 2006, 02:46   #19
Senior - BHPian

modifying a diesel in India is not a good idea. Its better you keep it stock unless a stock fit turbo is available.
Old 16th January 2006, 15:27   #20

Changing my directions....

Wellll............ I guess I am the master of BAD LUCK!!! The only option for me is to sell my diesel and go in for a Petrol... And when it comes to cars... I guess I can not go for anything but a LANCER!!! I jus love that car. I saw a Lancer Invex (1800 CC -- Not sure of the BHP) and that thing was a petrol one. As compared to the normal Lancer (Petrol), I understand that it comes with 500 CC more and is as good as an SFX - I. Well, gettin a K & N Typhoon and a full set of Free flow to it is my best option. Probably later, I can install a Turbo as well to it. Well with Aditya takin me on dose drives breaking some good street SPEED records, I guess I will have to get out of my narrow minded thinking and get a Petrol car indeed. If not for the economics, I guess I atleast can quench a lil thirst for my drenaline...!!!! I have sent a PM to Psycho as well and waiting for his reply... Guess I know what he is gonna answer prettymuch.... Well, I am starting my R & D on the Lancer Invex guys... I can use all the information I get... so for all you gurus out there... MY current thread is your dumpster for all advise!!!

TTYL.....
Old 17th January 2006, 06:27   #21
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by arvind_foxtrot
And when it comes to cars... I guess I can not go for anything but a LANCER!!! I jus love that car. I saw a Lancer Invex (1800 CC -- Not sure of the BHP) and that thing was a petrol one. As compared to the normal Lancer (Petrol), I understand that it comes with 500 CC more and is as good as an SFX - I. Well, gettin a K & N Typhoon and a full set of Free flow to it is my best option. Probably later, I can install a Turbo as well to it. Well with Aditya takin me on dose drives breaking some good street SPEED records, I guess I will have to get out of my narrow minded thinking and get a Petrol car indeed. If not for the economics, I guess I atleast can quench a lil thirst for my drenaline...!!!! I have sent a PM to Psycho as well and waiting for his reply... Guess I know what he is gonna answer prettymuch.... Well, I am starting my R & D on the Lancer Invex guys... I can use all the information I get... so for all you gurus out there... MY current thread is your dumpster for all advise!!!

TTYL.....
I understand your emotions as I am the onwer of one too.

how much are you getting the new invecs engine for? are the dealership people ready to change the engine for you? I would love to know the details please.

the invecs is as much good in performance as the NHC vtec along with the joy of using a manual or automatic at your option.

the engine is a long stroke 122ps 1800cc(not 500c but 300cc more) man-o-matic sohc. torque is 16.5kgm.

with a turbo and right mods the car is sure to make 15-20% more power and with the right set of tyres your car will be sheer pleasure to drive.

go to www.lancerinindia.com and select techspecs(lower blue line). The new pop-up will have tech specs for all the three lancer engines.
Old 17th January 2006, 18:48   #22
Senior - BHPian

hey arvind... i thot u said u were goin for the whole new car... not just the invecs engine....

but i feel u need to explore buyin just the engine... if you can, then it mite work out a lot cheaper than buyin a new car altogether and then modding it... savings of a lakh can get you cool engine mod's... think think think....
Old 18th January 2006, 06:00   #23
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by devarshi84
I understand your emotions as I am the onwer of one too.

how much are you getting the new invecs engine for? are the dealership people ready to change the engine for you? I would love to know the details please.

the invecs is as much good in performance as the NHC vtec along with the joy of using a manual or automatic at your option.

the engine is a long stroke 122ps 1800cc(not 500c but 300cc more) man-o-matic sohc. torque is 16.5kgm.

with a turbo and right mods the car is sure to make 15-20% more power and with the right set of tyres your car will be sheer pleasure to drive.

go to www.lancerinindia.com and select techspecs(lower blue line). The new pop-up will have tech specs for all the three lancer engines.
please reply . Its either this or the contessa Indian muscle. your post will help me select one project and go ahead with it.
Old 18th January 2006, 08:21   #24
Distinguished - BHPian

sell that old lady and buy yourself a elantra or an accent crdi.
Old 19th January 2006, 02:37   #25
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by .anshuman
sell that old lady and buy yourself a elantra or an accent crdi.

you probably wont understand what a lancer is until you drive one.

SO Arvind_foxtrot whats your decision???
Old 19th January 2006, 21:05   #26
BHPian

Hey Arvind..i have been watching this thread for some time....Changing engines from Diesel to Petrol is not an economical option....As the two systems work differently... i would recommend that you sell your diesel and get yourself another 2nd hand petrol....Even 99 model would do fine as you are looking to get the engine changed....so it does not matter......or get a good petrol car..Chennai market for Lancer is huge..you can get plenty of cars for a good rate....

I can help you...if you need help....

Think about it .....

Raaj
Old 20th January 2006, 07:11   #27
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by raajks
Hey Arvind..i have been watching this thread for some time....Changing engines from Diesel to Petrol is not an economical option....As the two systems work differently... i would recommend that you sell your diesel and get yourself another 2nd hand petrol....Even 99 model would do fine as you are looking to get the engine changed....so it does not matter......or get a good petrol car..Chennai market for Lancer is huge..you can get plenty of cars for a good rate....

I can help you...if you need help....

Think about it .....

Raaj

petrol engine and diesel engines are direct fit in the lancer compartment. Its not really necessary to go in for a petrol lancer to do the engine upgrade job.
Old 24th January 2006, 23:38   #28

Lancer INVEX Shall it be!!!

Hay Aditya, I am selling my Lancer Diesel and picking up a new Lancer Pertol Car.

devarshi84 --The Invex 1800 Man is what I want to buy. As you have shown the engine specs, I guess this is exactly what I want to go in for. Initially I plan to sell my Diesel Lancer and get the 1800 CC Lancer Invex model. I am sorry... I have a Question... Max. Power (PS / rpm) = 122 / 5500 means what??? I am femiliar with BHP! Does this equal 122 BHP? Once I aquire the Petrol Lancer, I plan to install the K & N Typhoon Cold air intake and install the headers with the complete free flow with some good muffler and then do the Body Work. I have to take it one step at a time.... I have to work for this you know.... LOL! Well This is my dream and nothing can be a part of it but a LANCER!!!! I am jus crazy about this car and nothing else will do.

Raaj -- I will let you know when I have sold my Lancer and I will touch base with you for one of the best buys! You can guide me with this.

With you guys around... I feel that I can really make the best of my dream.. On that note... for me to improve my knnowledge is the first thing...

Thanks Guys... I will check this thread again tomorrow
Old 25th January 2006, 02:32   #29
Senior - BHPian

That's awesome buddy.

One PS is about 98.6% of one bhp =120bhp.

Here is a lancer invecs link that is not available on the website now.

http://www.lancerinindia.com/Invex/home.html

It has more details to help ypu.
Old 25th January 2006, 17:50   #30

Awesome

WOW that link is really cool! Gives me all the details I wanted to know. Thanks for the update on the PS man! Now I can correlate. Well would you also be aware of the price for this baby in the second hand market?
Not sure if it has gone there yet... But if you are aware of the price range for the mean machine, do let me know!

Also.. let me know of the basic mods I can adapt for this... Originally, the K & N Typhoon along with the Headers and the free flow will be my first pit stop as soon as I aquire the car. The Alloys with the Low profile tyres will be the second. Turbo, Piggy back will be the third and then lastly the EVO 5 Body kit, . That is my POA with the works and the targeted completion is around this year end!

The Gizmos will be chapter two where I can invest on a cool music system along with the HAM Radio and the Dash board lights!

Is there any other easy mods that I can include???

Thanks Bro....

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks