Team-BHP > Modifications & Accessories

Search this Thread
Old 8th December 2010, 12:22   #166
Senior - BHPian

Re: The Logan Makeover

R.K. Simly amazing work done there and congrats on finishing it.

Looks are really subjective and even cars like Maseratis and Ferraris, would be called ugly to those who love and are Loyal to others like Lambos or Astons.

The front is the best thing in the car and from a crafting point of view is very neat and well executed. Two quick sujjestions from my side, or queries rather.

1. When are the alloys coming. Please done some alloys on this beauty
2. Why not move the number plate away from the grill and paste it on the bumper to the right.

Cheers and great job. Really a great Transformation.

You can also call it the Logan 'Transform'.

"Snigger Snigger."
Old 8th December 2010, 12:59   #167
Senior - BHPian

Superb effort RKR!

A thicker mesh grille would definitely make things better in the front! And I just love the rear.

And we definitely need some better pics!
Old 8th December 2010, 13:05   #168
BHPian

A job well done!I would give it a thumps up.It looks way better than the original version.Some more pics man.Any mods done in the interior.Can you share the total cost of the project.
Old 8th December 2010, 14:05   #169
Senior - BHPian

I thought you are going to post clear/high resolution images once its ready .

I guess it looks good but those pics don't really tell how exactly it looks. Anyways congrats .

IMO the dual exhaust saved the rear but those wooden finished stuff on the boot looks out of sync. IMO brushed aluminum finish could have looked better.
Old 8th December 2010, 16:17   #170
BHPian

Very nice job though i would have preferred smaller mesh in the front but looks are subjective.

PS. the car needs a good photo session with a nice background
Old 8th December 2010, 16:33   #171
BHPian

Ramesh,
The work done on Logan is very interesting. Congrats! The car has come well, I liked it. Lots of efforts have been flawlessly put for this throughput. All together a great job done.
Old 8th December 2010, 16:47   #172
Team-BHP Support

The reborn car looks stunning!

How about some daylight pics of the whole car.

One question : the front grill and bumper, you seem to have welded that on top of the existing grill n bumper; as in, I could see that the modification is welded on the original chasis (near the grill and the fog lamps area). Any particular reason for that?

Also, are the tail lamps not getting a makeover?

Slightly off-topic but is it legal to change the name of a car you have modified; any chance the manufacturer could sue someone for modifying the car and renaming it?
Old 9th December 2010, 00:19   #173
BHPian

Quote:
Slightly off-topic but is it legal to change the name of a car you have modified; any chance the manufacturer could sue someone for modifying the car and renaming it?
I don't think it's illegal to rename the car,
Because there's a majority of people who debadge their rides hence giving it no name, and then there's another category of people who put ferrari, mercedes stickers/logos on their cars by removing the company emblems.we have 800pages worth of such cars in a 5star rated thread of this forum itself
and DC kind of modifiers who change the donor car completely and transform it into something else altogether(I'm not aware of any changes that might be done to the RC book in such a case)

Last edited by Technocrat : 9th December 2010 at 00:40. Reason: fixed quote
Old 9th December 2010, 00:44   #174
BHPian

Dear Friends,
thanks you all for your comments and feedback. In all honesty when I eagerly read your comments I suddenly feel connected to a large family of auto lovers who share this common passion. Your responses empower me. They come from a good heart and the least I can do out of gratitude is to reciprocate with a thanks to pass back this goodwill. I believ this attitude of gratitude works wonders...

Now to address your various queries...

Quote:
Originally Posted by mooza View Post
Yes, looks are subjective, and moreover in this case it was your customer who needed to be satisfied, and if he is happy with the looks of his customised car, then what the heck, it's a job well done

Any pics of the some of the other front mesh options you had in mind, just to know the choices ?

Thanks for sharing this mod with TBHP
Yes my friend and other people who saw the car were happy with the outcome. Kanoe also happens to be the name of his software company so this will be a mascot car for the company so to speak.

I did not take pics of the other mesh options as i was in the middle of R&D on vendor identification then.

It been a pleasure as well as empowering sharing this makeover with the Team-Bhp family .

Quote:
Originally Posted by absynthguzzler View Post
The light are sat so deep , I'd would be nice to see the light throw from inside before commenting.Love the naked look without a lens though. I'd say stop hunting for one, lol.

There is a disconnect in the overall design from the front and back, ... its my suggestion to fill up the slits above the fogs with the same wood.

All in all, good workmanship and execution i must say.
The light throw was tested and found to well exceed what the Logan came with in both even spread and brightness - so we were all happy with that.

The disconnect may seem less so once we are done with the Tail lights mod as well as alloy wheels later.

Yes the tinkerer does come with 8 years of experience and has some design sensibilities too which helped bring out the emotion of the initial sketch. Bless him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by karizma_devil View Post
Congrats man !

The rear looks good, though on a personal note the wood doesnt go well with the sporty look of the car...

One more advice , i just checked your website .. please change the pics of the cars posted there ( the alpha romeo look alike had featured in TBHP bad car/ wiered mod thread )
The car looks a bit more brown/gold in real life. So though the wood looks oddball in the pics in real life it sat better we felt.

The website is not mine in all honesty but will pass on this feedback as I get what you mean.

Quote:
Originally Posted by thedreamcatcher View Post
R.K. Simly amazing work done there and congrats on finishing it.

Looks are really subjective and even cars like Maseratis and Ferraris, would be called ugly to those who love and are Loyal to others like Lambos or Astons.

1. When are the alloys coming. Please done some alloys on this beauty
2. Why not move the number plate away from the grill and paste it on the bumper to the right....
Thanks Dreamcatcher(love your handle name)...Yes i too agree looks are subjective and often individualistic designs will evoke strong reactions I have noticed.

1. The alloys will come when my friend goes to Taiwan - I believ the are almost 1/3rd the cost there.
2. We tried the number plate position you mentioned and didnt sit well there so was placed here after a concensus.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ashutoshb View Post
And we definitely need some better pics!
Yes the better pics are on their way when I get to meet Kanoe in broad daylight and a nice location.

Quote:
Originally Posted by fiesta_21 View Post
...Any mods done in the interior...
Not as of now, but they are there in the pipeline- wont be drastic is what I understand at the moment.

Last edited by Technocrat : 9th December 2010 at 01:19.
Old 9th December 2010, 01:19   #175
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by HammerHead View Post
I thought you are going to post clear/high resolution images once its ready ...

IMO the dual exhaust saved the rear but those wooden finished stuff on the boot looks out of sync. IMO brushed aluminum finish could have looked better.
Quote:
Originally Posted by raj.barcode View Post
PS. the car needs a good photo session with a nice background
Yes will post those nice daytime pics of the car, once I get to shoot them in a nice location, when she comes back to Bangalore. She is on an outstation trip right now.

Yes brushed aluminium or chrome logos would have looked good or the brushed aluminium finish too - but where can we get such a finish/ chromed logos done in Bengaluru, any ideas/leads?

Quote:
Originally Posted by libranof1987 View Post
One question : the front grill and bumper, you seem to have welded that on top of the existing grill n bumper; as in, I could see that the modification is welded on the original chasis (near the grill and the fog lamps area). Any particular reason for that?

Also, are the tail lamps not getting a makeover?

The reason for retaining the earlier structure of the car is to not change the passive safety charateristics of the vehicle.

The tail lamps will be getting a makeover once they are acquired from Taiwan sometime in the next 3 months I have been told.

Well once the car changes appearence it ceases to be a product of the donor car. For example the 'Kanoe' simply cannot be badged as a Renault Logan the way it is as it doesnt have the Renault Design DNA. Each manufacturer usually has a certain design philosophy and design DNA to differentiate their cars from competitors. The branding is something they develop carefully an capitalise on.

Also custom cars are given a unique identity which satisfies a market need for individuality which mass manufacturers are not in a position to satisfy often. Such custom shops and coach builders do place thier logo and brand on the cars they modify as this promotes their unique services. Therefore as I understand it it is not illegal in any way for a customised car to change name and logo.
Old 9th December 2010, 10:14   #176
BHPian

Congratulations on completing the project, every detail has been considered into account.

I feel that the front grill should have been placed a little further towards outside which would have made it look much more bolder. Overall the craftsmanship of the vehicle is amazing.

Rear end of the car is perfect.
Old 9th December 2010, 10:57   #177
Senior - BHPian

Yes while I agree that looks are subjective but IMHO the grill is sort of giving an incomplete look. It looks like a yawning chasm in between a beautiful landscape. Otherwise a fantastic effort and excellent workmanship. One thing that is gettingme in splits is the look of a cop when he compares the make and model to the one written on the RC, hehe, Kanoe, indeed.
Old 9th December 2010, 11:37   #178
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cyrus43 View Post
The mesh spoils it all... I can't digest the front. It looks hap hazard and honestly, i woudnt be seen dead in it.
+1.

The front started out well, but IMO it did not live upto it's initial promise. Looks a little overdone.

Unless - you can show otherwise. Possibly with a set of better pics of the front.
Old 9th December 2010, 23:49   #179
BHPian

Yes I too thought that the front grille could have moved forward just that little bit and for my next project these are one of the differences I would incorporate.

Well likes and dislikes do always come to the fore in individualistic design elements on the car. I have a friend in the UK who cannot stand the Audi's large split grille where as there are those who adore it - so it really ends up being horses for courses.

My friend wanted a prominent front with round lights which alluded to the days gone by. The grille was made with that intent inspired by those antique models of the 40s with similar mesh grilles and offset logos and number plates.

Better pictures will arrive in due time.

I got the first feedback from my friend today. Said the car's computer indicated 25 km/l milage on the long trip with him comfortably touching 120kmph.

It felt stable and there was no noticable change in wind noise.

The efficacy of the headlight system will be tested today in night driving on the highway, but it came across as better than the previous stock system on the Logan in tuesday's drive home.

He also experienced an unusual number of stares and some vehicular traffic on the roads not giving way on time with drivers glancing at the rear view mirrors. Not sure if all those stares were in admiration or in shock, but well she certainly did make her presence felt - this was his feedback. Except for the odd one out the rest of the feedback from his friends were enthusiastic and is was happy. That at the end of the day counts the most.

Thanks for all your feedback - It was constructively recieved.
R.K.Ramesh is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 10th December 2010, 00:02   #180
LNK
BHPian

I have been hooked on to this thread ever since it started. I loved it all, until I saw the final outcome. Quiet disappointing really. But I absolutely respect the work for what it is. Wish it was a different car to begin with, oh..then it wouldn't really steal as much attention. Congrats Sir, looking forward to more such projects.

Most Viewed