Team-BHP > Modifications & Accessories
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 11th December 2010, 00:20   #196
BHPian

Re: The Logan Makeover

WOW Konjaril - are you serious ?!? SO what will these be used as - dont tell me such LEDs are used as Headlights - tail lights perhaps , indicators/ parking lamps perhaps foggies but Headers? Do elaborate.
Old 11th December 2010, 00:31   #197
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by R.K.Ramesh View Post
WOW Konjaril - are you serious ?!? SO what will these be used as - dont tell me such LEDs are used as Headlights - tail lights perhaps , indicators/ parking lamps perhaps foggies but Headers? Do elaborate.
He he no nobody uses them as headlights. this is something which just came up once in my mind and i am working on it..but do keep in mind that use this LED only for the headlights and fog lamps only..for tail lamps use a lower spec one.. As the torches cost around 2 to 3 gs

well if u have the time for this experiment try it.. or wait for me to finish it and tell u whether i failed or got it!!

Last edited by konjaril : 11th December 2010 at 00:32.
Old 11th December 2010, 09:26   #198
Senior - BHPian

konjaril, I'm not sure how you mix the LED from the britelite and its driver circuit with that of the P220 projector. the p220 unit is an HID setup right ?
or are you planning to use both in parallel, in which all you need is a DC-DC voltage converter (not specifically this one but like it ) for the LED, and the HID from the P220 should do fine with its stock convertor
DealExtreme: $2.25 MR16 1*3W 650~700mA Constant Current Regulated LED Driver (8~40V Input)
Old 11th December 2010, 09:46   #199

Hi Ramesh ,

Good work and congrats on your first 'kustom'.

Do something about the front grille mesh , too bland and pulling down the excellent work done on the rest of the car
Old 11th December 2010, 12:53   #200
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by konjaril View Post
He he no nobody uses them as headlights.
As far as i remember, LEDs have been used as headlights since quite a while. The "Dog" 4x4 from Icon has LED headlights as well as a host of many cars.

LEDs headlights were pioneered by electric car manufacturers to prevent additional load on the electric cells.

Further Googling will reveal lots more data than i remember.

Cheers.
Old 11th December 2010, 23:41   #201
BHPian

Hello folks,
some feedback and next some pics from my friend's outstation trip...

His feedback was that in night driving the headlights were very effective - more than the original units- with a broad even and powerful beam. It seems it was easier for him to maintain higher travel speeds at night not just because it was easier and therefore safer for him to see the road, but also because other vehicles were noticably quicker in giving way...

Stable and rattle free at speeds up to 120 kmph - no noticable addition in wind noise and no real change in mileage - trip computer showed 25 km/l of diesel, which I found amazing - arguably amongst the most fuel efficient cars in India.

And yes folks - please heavy a sigh of relief for the big expanse of grille in the front - we are planning to include the garnish that I gave in the emotional sketch to start off with, probably out of wood as chrome with suitable finish is not possible as we haven't yet found anyone who has shown such a capability - open to suggestions here on materials.

Well folks here are some much awaited pics of the car sent by my friend from an outstation trip...

Here she is at night - pic quality a bti lower due to non use of flash I guess
She doesnt look as crass as the glow suggests - just to give an idea of the light up zones on the face...
The Logan Makeover-dsc02021.jpg

The flash bulbs light up here
The Logan Makeover-dsc02020.jpg

Here she is all fresh and ready for the day
The Logan Makeover-dsc01988.jpg

The individualistic opinion polarising grille - like I said as per feedback we will soon include a wooden or chrome number plate garnish seated in the centre lower half in front of the crash bar behind the grille as per the original emotional sketch...note - the grille is simply not as weak as it may suggest in the pics - it can take a fair amount of bumps before even permanently deforming a bit
The Logan Makeover-dsc01989.jpg

And the Kanoe sails on
The Logan Makeover-dsc01986.jpg

The Logan Makeover-dsc01985.jpg

Please note that this is not a formal photoshoot - but only a part of the photologue during an outstation trip...
The formal photoshoot will come sometime later as will the alloys, rear lights, redone boot handles perhaps and a bit of interiors at a later date.

And to oblige a friend of mine here are the before and after snaps of the front and rear...

BEFORE n AFTER
The Logan Makeover-dscf1057.jpg
The Logan Makeover-dsc01988.jpg

BEFORE n AFTER
The Logan Makeover-dscf1061.jpg
The Logan Makeover-dsc01985.jpg

Last edited by FlyingSpur : 13th December 2010 at 02:41. Reason: Please use the EDIT function instead of posting back-to-back posts within 20 minutes. Thanks.
R.K.Ramesh is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 12th December 2010, 01:09   #202
BHPian

@ greenhorn , hey buddy thanks a lot, the 220 doesnt come with HIDs as stock, just projectors. but thanks for the link . i really appretiate it

@ tejas, eerrr sir i meant about usint britelight torches as headlamps..

@ RK. i really think you need to be appretiated for how you have transformed the car. the wood does look out of place but hey there is always scope of improvement... i wis h you more better and better looking projects for the future
Old 12th December 2010, 01:24   #203
Senior - BHPian

Finally some day time pics.

Not sure of it is too late now and again it is just my opinion, but it would be good to do away with the wood finish at the rear. It looks very odd.

Now that a full day pic is avail, I do feel, like several other have pointed out, that the grill is a tad too large. Next time you should reduce the area a bit, maybe an inch all round. But great man, really great and truly good job

By the way, why do you say the cars lenght has reduced, even if it is in MM.???
Old 12th December 2010, 15:45   #204
Senior - BHPian

the grill's top appears to be bulging forward. seems like you tried to make it look like the lancers but its not quite there. If something is not done about it, you are playing with a weird and wacky nomination

@konjaril, never seen the 220 projectors in action. assumed it had HID's. thanks for the update
Old 12th December 2010, 22:03   #205
BHPian

Yes, the wood boot handles, the front grille and a couple of other details are being looked into as I mentioned earlier.

The car's length has reduced me thinks - (have to take the exact measure) because the original plastic bumper does bulge out more ahead of the underlying crash bar whereas the current grille, the point further most forward, sits abutting the crash bar and is ahead not by as much as the plastic bumper. The longer sount make all the visual difference elongating the visual length of the car compared to how it was read earlier. The bonnet flutes also do their fait bit in this regard.

The grille shape was intentionally created to go with the contours of the car and was specifically made to look individualistic - not like the Lancer which is noticably broader at the base of the grille. Also we didnt want to give it a smilie grille as seen in so many cars - but to try something a bit different alluding to the old world era of the 40s perhaps with a very prominent squared off grille and work at mating that emotion to a modern - ish shilloette... With varying degrees of success going by the different perception.

Suffice it to say that while some changes are on the way - I understand that such designs can grow on the individual too coz it has it's own character... but thanks for all your feedback gentlement. I have taken note of it and further updates will be posted as and when they happen later on...

Last edited by R.K.Ramesh : 12th December 2010 at 22:11.
R.K.Ramesh is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 13th December 2010, 09:10   #206
Senior - BHPian

Next what the car really needs is better shoes , get a nice looking alloy and why not trying a thicker mesh for the front grill ?
Old 13th December 2010, 09:24   #207
BANNED

Infractions: 0/1 (10)

Brilliant job my friend. You here, have made a dudd look like a supermodel.
Now, all you need is to get her some good looking heels and make her do a stage show.
Old 13th December 2010, 17:47   #208
BHPian

HAIL RKR! Looks freaggin' great. But couple of things...I don't really like the numberplate on the front grill. It's taking the charm away. Kanoe would have been better there. And secondly, it deserves an equally slick rear too. Just my opinion. But you did a fantastic job.

(P.S.: 25km/L?!?!?!?!?)
Old 13th December 2010, 18:52   #209
Senior - BHPian

Really nice and neatly executed.

But I feel the grill would have been little smaller. Seems too big, for me.
Old 13th December 2010, 19:07   #210
Senior - BHPian

ramesh looks neat however the front number plate is sticking out like a sore thumb, no offense just my opinion. Have you considered on relocating this as yet?

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks