Team-BHP > Modifications & Accessories
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 13th December 2010, 22:41   #211
BHPian

Re: The Logan Makeover

Thanks Guys , Good looking alloys are certainly on the cards - depends on when my friend is off to Taiwan to get them...

Well cant make the grille any smaller but it does grow on you I believe and secondly someting is being done to visually complete that part. The numberplate will recieve a suitably size garnish and that should change things on that front.

The grille mesh is stuck on for keeps with mig welding folks so cant really let go of it, but in all honesty we feel it is a bit better in real life than in the pics so the mesh is not really an issue with those who saw her. But the grille size sure divided opinions as you all well see.

The stage show?..

Ahem!

Well were not telling just as yet, it may happen in good time for all you know. I think she needs some siblings for company given that she can suddenly get coy you see.

Last edited by R.K.Ramesh : 13th December 2010 at 22:44.
R.K.Ramesh is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 14th December 2010, 01:37   #212
Team-BHP Support

Re: The Logan Makeover - My suggestion

Ramesh, here is something i cooked up, which should help with the looks.

The Logan Makeover-logan.jpg

Do consider it. Currently, the grill looks way too empty.
benbsb29 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 14th December 2010, 01:56   #213
BHPian

Ha ha bensb29,
neat little piece of editing there. As a matter of fact we did get a number plate of the size seen here to check it out on the grille and it somehow didnt sit well on it. However like I mentioned earlier the garnishing in this space might do the trick...and we are looking into filling this space aesthetically.

Nice alloy wheel stance seen here, certainly highlights the importance of a good set of alloys to dramatically enhance the looks of any car. And as I said it is certainly on it's way - thought perhaps not to this 17 " size dipicted in your edit and probably a more corporate looking design...And the rear wheels will probably stick out a tad bit more, but thanks for these useful suggestions artfully edited and presented.

Last edited by R.K.Ramesh : 14th December 2010 at 01:59.
Old 14th December 2010, 11:07   #214
Distinguished - BHPian

Great work.. Something that M&M certainly missed. Really liked the end result. Was following up the daily.

Now what's left is some wide tires and awesome alloys. Something like 17" with 225/50/R17 rubber would certainly make the car complete.
Old 15th December 2010, 14:29   #215
BHPian

Well here's my suggestion..

How does this look? may be left or on the right hand side.. a stickering would do..I have seen them in many swifts and beat's and in some baleno's and old gen city's too..
Attached Thumbnails
The Logan Makeover-dsc01988.jpg  

Old 15th December 2010, 22:58   #216
BHPian

Thanks for your sketch Rajan but I guess this might make the Grille look more expansive and empty too...We did try out this option too but thought otherwise for visibilty and aesthetic reasons
Old 16th December 2010, 00:55   #217
Senior - BHPian

sorry to repeat again and again, you should seriously split the grill.
the nose is looking sore and out of proportions with the entire elegance of the car. the other lines of bumper are thin and elegant and grill is looking very rash. its not matching the subtleness of the wonderful design. split grill will make it decent and contemporary.

let people complain its similar to chevvy cruze and all, but i think its way to go.
Old 16th December 2010, 04:37   #218
Senior - BHPian

the grille is too big..it needs a bridge in between.
Old 16th December 2010, 16:55   #219
BANNED

Ramesh

I suggest that the remodded Logan will look more nice if you get hold of new type ORVMs.
Old 16th December 2010, 23:05   #220
BHPian

Will post the pics of the grille and the whole thingamajig when the embellishments as was decided in the initial emotional sketch are installed folks...

Yes micrographics, I have heard now from a few people that the newer Logan ORVMs are bigger and better, but we shall take a call on those at a later point - perhaps when the interiors are being done.

THanks for the suggestions people .
Old 17th December 2010, 08:41   #221
BANNED

Would love to see the final pictures of the modded Logan.
Old 17th December 2010, 09:18   #222
BHPian

I for one loved the overall look of the car.
Certainly a 1000 times better than the original 80's looking cab. the lights definitely give a mean burly look to the car.
But somehow the big grill looks a bit out of proportion. A few subtle inches of reduction here and there would have made it a killer looking stuff.
Old 17th December 2010, 10:12   #223
BANNED

Re: The Logan Makeover - My suggestion

Quote:
Originally Posted by benbsb29 View Post
Ramesh, here is something i cooked up, which should help with the looks.

Attachment 468472

Do consider it. Currently, the grill looks way too empty.
Ramesh this definitely looks better and you also need to change the ORVM to the latest square ones,it will compliment the boxy front grill.
Old 17th December 2010, 13:36   #224
Senior - BHPian

A great attempt. Congratulations. I would suggest a glass covering for the headlights and something on the grille (logo/ accents or grille detailing). The headlight detailing looks minute compared to the huge and plain grille IMHO.

But looks great nonetheless.
Old 18th December 2010, 23:49   #225
BHPian

Thanks for the suggestion folks - well the grille is certainly going into the oven to a bake a new look into it. Looking for someone who can give her a good quality chrome liner on the edge - If anyone does know of a graftsman who is excellent with metal finishes which can be plated in chrome , do let me know.

Also there is a number plate garnish which as a part of the original custom sketch will appear here...The rear view mirrors are also an option to be considered.

Still havent recieved the 'Kanoe' back for a photoshoot as I got busy and so did Kanoe so all that will happen when it happens. Kinda nebulous I know, but well thats the way it is right now you see.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks