Team-BHP > Modifications & Accessories
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 25th November 2010, 08:37   #46
Distinguished - BHPian

Ramesh, good write up ! Whats the estimated time of completion of the entire project ? And estimated budget if you could disclose?

Its nice of your friend to keep the car for long, which most of us in t-bhp believe ! Cars are just not machines, those are passion to own, a part of our lives !

Great going buddy, all the best !

Note: Good that you posted the disclaimer about the safety options not removed / altered - trust me, you would have gotten into serious trouble otherwise.
Old 25th November 2010, 17:01   #47
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Naparajito View Post
This Logan project seems to be going good.Even i own a logan and me too have done some modifications.Here are some picturesI've also added another set of projectors now.
Can you provide details regarding the Fog Lamps ? I dont wanna go for the OEM Fog Lamps, this one looks much better. Where did you source this from in BLR ?
Old 25th November 2010, 17:03   #48
Senior - BHPian

This is good stuff sir. Nice to see someone actually modding a Logan. Please hurry up with the pics. just too eager to see the final outcome.
Old 25th November 2010, 17:09   #49
Senior - BHPian

That looks like a "Dodge Charger"
Old 25th November 2010, 17:59   #50
Senior - BHPian

i think mahindras/renault should take a learning from this to design better looking cars.
Old 25th November 2010, 18:19   #51
BHPian

I have subscribed to this thread, awaiting eagerly to see the out come, great goin. I appreciate your efforts. Once you are done please let us know the total expenses incurred
Old 25th November 2010, 18:42   #52
SMK
BHPian

Great going there maite! the 2 things i did not like about the Logan, the Front and the Back!! Actually i hate the way the back is shaped. Not the boot, but the piece which holds the rear windscreen is so Sqaure and broad, looks like someone has plonked a truck top onto a car.

However, i see that you are going to change the looks for better! All the best and may there be lights, camera and Action when she rolls out of the garage!!
Old 25th November 2010, 20:14   #53
SRK
Senior - BHPian

Best of luck for the Project.

It would have been great to have a look at your initial sketches.
From what I can see right now the car does look good.
I feel it will turn out to be more like the future Chevrolet products.

By the way are the bumpers too being made in Sheet metal?
Old 26th November 2010, 01:01   #54
BHPian

The Front takes Shape

Dear Friends thanks for all your good wishes and kind words of encouragement.

Yes the bumpers too are in Sheet metal SRK and I suppose the 'Dodge Charger' look will change soon Nitrous - I hadn't taken a look at the Dodge Charger till you mentioned it but there is a resemblance I must admit. On our powerful lady here the grille is bigger and deeper and if the grille, angel eyes/ daylight running lights come out in the intended manner then that Dodge likeliness will further fade away methinks...

So to pick up from where we left off last, we continued to work at her angular chin (agreed that she look a lot more macho now but if battle tanks, nuclear subs and frigates can be called a 'she'...As far as I know - the analogy is that these machines serve the men that ride them and they are objects of desire and so the gender from Victorian english terminology - so will, by your leave, stick to calling her a she unless we all decide that an 'he' is better by popular vote ).

The bumpers had to meet the grille frame at a certain angle:
The Logan Makeover-dscf1261.jpg

The chin had to accomodate the stock foglights...
The Logan Makeover-dscf1262.jpg

The foglights needed their own shapely fins to hold them in place
The Logan Makeover-dscf1264.jpg

And the front is largely in place and - voila another character seems to emerge yet again - Oh the wonder of 3D surfacing...
The Logan Makeover-dscf1255.jpg

Of course one must remember that the time consuming detail work on the headlight surrounds, rounding off the sharp edges etc are yet to be done at this stage.

Last edited by R.K.Ramesh : 26th November 2010 at 01:07.
R.K.Ramesh is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 26th November 2010, 01:22   #55
BHPian

Ramesh, the mod work on the Logan is simply fantastic. Logan is now getting a look of the beautiful beast.

Did you decide upon paint/color or you have got some surprises for us at the last moment?
Old 26th November 2010, 01:32   #56
BHPian

Thanks GreenDay - The colour as of now is likely to be similar perhaps different in shade; but then again once it is done it could change too - that decision, as I see it at this point in time is fluid...

Last edited by R.K.Ramesh : 26th November 2010 at 01:33.
Old 26th November 2010, 01:37   #57
BHPian

Do you have any plans on graphics or stickering as well? Sorry, I am being more curious on this project
Old 26th November 2010, 01:46   #58
BHPian

No Graphics on it as such but the B pillars will be blackened using stickers or paint - paint most likely... The design is intended to be not too loud. Letting the form do all talking with an eye on making it look like an OEM product rather than an after market tarted or modded exercise.

Last edited by R.K.Ramesh : 26th November 2010 at 01:48.
Old 26th November 2010, 06:53   #59
Senior - BHPian

Now it looks like the R34 skyline , particularly the grill design.
Anyways awesome job , when you expecting to complete the project ?
Old 26th November 2010, 09:23   #60
BHPian

Ohh..man..cant wait to see the result..I am glued to this thread from yesterday..Please let us know the details of where you have done these mods and how much it costed you once your project is complete.. Great Going

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks