Team-BHP > Modifications & Accessories
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 24th November 2010, 10:52   #31
Senior - BHPian

WOW this looks nothing like the Logan anymore !! Younger sibling of the EVO X maybe !! As long as the structural strength of the bonnet is not compromised, it looks good.

Cheers
Old 24th November 2010, 13:58   #32
BHPian

re-born Logan

Eagerly waiting for more pictures of the born again Logan.
Also, the way you narrate the story is very interesting.
Old 24th November 2010, 15:22   #33
BHPian

This Logan project seems to be going good.Even i own a logan and me too have done some modifications.Here are some picturesI've also added another set of projectors now.
Attached Thumbnails
The Logan Makeover-photo0530.jpg  

The Logan Makeover-photo0116.jpg  

The Logan Makeover-photo0546.jpg  

The Logan Makeover-photo0548.jpg  

The Logan Makeover-p8081362.jpg  

The Logan Makeover-p8081363.jpg  

Naparajito is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 24th November 2010, 15:23   #34
BHPian

The Logan already looks quite Macho!

Good work!

Waiting for the final product like everyone else!
Old 24th November 2010, 16:02   #35
BHPian

R.K Ramesh sir, i see some designs on the cars front windshield, are those artistic renderings of how the car is going to look like?? if so can you please attach a scan of the same?? great work btw! kudos to you!!
Old 24th November 2010, 16:25   #36
Senior - BHPian

Absolutely delighted to see such mod on one of the most underappreciated car! I love Logan for its simplicity, and each time reading comments about its look feel a pang. Glued to this thread!
Old 24th November 2010, 17:49   #37
BHPian

It definitely is coming up radically different from the Logan mods that I have seen so far. I can sure say that it is going to get an aggressive look with the front grille. Another 'Transformer' movie here!!!

Appreciate Ramesh for this project. Eagerly waiting for the remaining pics.
Old 24th November 2010, 19:19   #38
Senior - BHPian

Today I had the chance to see R.K.Ramesh's logan and meet the man doing all the hard work. Anyone thinking of modding their cars R.K.Ramesh is the man to go to. He knows his stuff and what to do. With him around you are in good hands.
Its coming out beautifully! Words are not enough to express how beautiful it is.
The front kinda reminded me of the Evo along with an American muscle car look.

This logan is going to be unique, One of its kind! A work of art! Lucky owner!

Another 10 days or so for the Big D day

I will let R.K.Ramesh post the rest.
Old 24th November 2010, 19:33   #39
BHPian

Hi Capton Slow. If the garage is somewhere in R.T Nagar please let me know!
Old 24th November 2010, 23:49   #40
BHPian

Gentlemen...your appreciation and enthusiastic rejoinders are very uplifting - thanks a bushel for that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nithin_86 View Post
I guess that nose job really changed the face completely. I have to say the frame gives me an EVO picture. Truly delightful. Looking awesome.
True Nithin - we too could see for ourselves how the nose changed the look more dramatically than we expected. The funny thing was that at different stages she looked like a different character - like just after the lights and bonnet she looked more sharky, after the grille frame more EVOish as many put it and then as the chin was created another new look so it has been an experience for us too.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GreenDay View Post
Wow!! Ramesh Saar, this is one of its kind type of mod job. Hope the color is now changed to red/black/white etc! Waiting for the pics!
Not too sure if the colour will change too drastically as my friend who owns the car prefers a similar shade - it might change to a degree for now but red/black/white at the moment are not being considered, but suggestions are always welcome

Quote:
Originally Posted by 9tMax View Post
Great going Ramesh, the stance is already changed to a quite aggressive one. Waiting eagerly for the completion of your project.
Can you post some pictures of the underside of the bonnet? I was wondering how you have joined the nose extension part to the original bonnet sheet.
And have you taken care of the under-bonnet reinforcements?
Wish you all the best for your project.
Havent yet taken any snaps of the bonnet underside Max. The exact behaviour of how this mod will work during an impact can only be achieved in an actual crash test which is not practical here. The second best option is a Finite Element Analysis which is another impractical propostion at the moment. How ever we used the third best common sense approach tempered of course with exposure to mechanical engineering.
The new bonnet extention sits firmly on the existing bonnet which has not even been altered in any structural way. As far as impact derformation is concerned the new extension will likely fold out of the way in the case of rigid body impact or buckle down on pedestrian impact. Well suffice to say that this has been the intention in the way it has been fastened. Approprite welding techniques have been used here to ensure adequate strength for milder impacts and regular wear and tear. Given the nose extension a suitable lever will need to be provided to pull the safety catch of the bonnet once released via the dashboard lever. It is interesting to note that the over all length of the car will probably remain similar perhaps even reduce a bit compared to stock longituninal dimension - will confirm after the job is done.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain Slow View Post
Today I had the chance to see R.K.Ramesh's logan
Its coming out beautifully! Words are not enough to express how beautiful it is.
The front kinda reminded me of the Evo along with an American muscle car look.
This logan is going to be unique, One of its kind! A work of art! Lucky owner!

Captain!... Thankyou for your kind words - it humbles and inspires me to push the envelope further - I pray that the outcome is indeed as beautiful as your words may indicate.

Dear Friends, I do indeed have a few inspiration sketches, by your leave thought I did assure my friend that they will not be broadcasted - so my apologies in not posting them here for you all to see. But hey, the real Mc Coy will be revealed soon enough. Please Do hold on to your horses.

Last edited by R.K.Ramesh : 25th November 2010 at 00:06.
R.K.Ramesh is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 25th November 2010, 00:14   #41
BANNED

Mr Ramesh,

Thats a wonderful job you are doing for the logan,an EVo look for Laoga? Fantastic

I am just waiting for the final pics and btw whats the budget for this project
Old 25th November 2010, 00:23   #42
BHPian

My apologies if I have come across as a sadistic teaser - the truth is more about presenting the work in a sequential manner to indicate how we went about this interesting makeover - gives all of you time to react and voice your suggestions too...and now for some more pics that I will gladly present...

As you can see in this pic she did have that Shark like snout when her headlights and bonnet were first in place...
The Logan Makeover-dscf1374.jpg

And then the grille frame came in and the look changed. Then the chin starts taking shape and the look morphs further. It was certainly a challenge to arrive at an aesthetic lower face grille cutout and integrate the subtle chin spoiler...had to use a number of templates for this to get it right - and I'd say we were fine with the outcome so far...
The Logan Makeover-dscf1110.jpg
The Logan Makeover-dscf1112.jpg
The Logan Makeover-dscf1115.jpg

I prefer to have the work space clean - guess it is a part of my IT hangover - it is practical and I can see where they are coming from when they say 'Cleanliness is Godliness'. But in times like these when wracking the brain to get the details right, things do go haywire a bit, only to all come together again

Last edited by R.K.Ramesh : 25th November 2010 at 00:40.
R.K.Ramesh is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 25th November 2010, 00:45   #43
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Naparajito View Post
This Logan project seems to be going good.Even i own a logan and me too have done some modifications.Here are some picturesI've also added another set of projectors now.
Nice Logan there Naparajito...changing the lights (including the foggies), wheels and a decent paint job can work wonders in making a car tastfully stand apart.

Do let me in on where you sources those headlights and taillights?

Might anyone know where I can get those 'angel eyes' (parking light rings around the headlights) seen on Naparajito's car made/ ready made in Bangalore? Would really appreciate a lead here - thanks.
Old 25th November 2010, 07:18   #44
Senior - BHPian

The car is turning out really impressive. The front resembles somewhat like a Evo X. Your presentation of the facelift of the car with detail is really amazing and as you said it gives some time for we TBHPians to react and comment or rather appreciate your work.
Old 25th November 2010, 08:11   #45
Senior - BHPian

Wow this is nice to see you take up a challenging car like Logan . Cant wait for the results ! All the best and its definitely a very refreshing change.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks