Team-BHP > Modifications & Accessories
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 7th December 2010, 14:52   #151
BHPian

Congrats Ramesh, the Project was very interesting one!!! The Logan looks great and with fully finished grill and angel eyes it will be a killer on the road, waiting to see the final product.
Old 7th December 2010, 16:33   #152
Senior - BHPian

It is because it could be mistaken for the Chevy, is why I had suggested earlier to aviid the slit in the grill. Looks good as of now.

Waiting for the final result. Chrome would have been good for the mesh area, but since the car is a light colour, a dark shade will accentuate the look
Old 8th December 2010, 00:09   #153
BHPian

Dear friends,
it was with a big sigh of joy and relief that we delivered the baby today. The new born again is but a few hours old now. Thankyou to all of you for all the hand holding encouragement, the enthusiasm and the good wishes.

Going by people's reaction to her looks in real life, she has turned out to be quite a looker. Her night time avatar also attracts attention with the LED strips for angel eyes... and the brightly lit number plate. All the logo embellishments have also suitably meet their design intent.
R.K.Ramesh is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 8th December 2010, 00:30   #154
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by R.K.Ramesh View Post
Dear friends,
it was with a big sigh of joy and relief that we delivered the baby today. The new born again is but a few hours old now. Thankyou to all of you for all the hand holding encouragement, the enthusiasm and the good wishes.

Going by people's reaction to her looks in real life, she has turned out to be quite a looker. Her night time avatar also attracts attention with the LED strips for angel eyes... and the brightly lit number plate. All the logo embellishments have also suitably meet their design intent.
You can go on Thanking all the people.

But....

Its time you let us feast on the Beauty first

Can we have some nice outdoor shots of the car.

The car anyways looks awesome from whatever little pics we have.

I feel, its time i need to get in touch with you for some advice.....
Old 8th December 2010, 01:11   #155
BHPian

Re: The Logan Makeover

Ha ha- ok got the message, but my cam ran out of juice after fixing it to the comp. It is being recharged even as I type through my heavy eyelids.

The car was delivered in the evening so I dont have broad daytime pics of the finished product yet - will happen when my friend brings the car home on his return to Bangalore. He is off for an outstation trip early next morning - 4 am...

As is common with many custom job, there are a few rough edges to iron out. The indicators blink a tad faster almost like if one bulb was fused. This I believe, may be because the headlamp indicator has now been replaced with an LED strip. I am planning to later insert a button fender indication lamp near the chin fog lamps which should iron this problem out.

The wood and stainless steel logos at the rear do have a quaint old world charm about them and have the not so well finished boot lid handle - Which was done by a temple carver without a template. We may refine replace that later. The LEDs seated in this handle do a pleasing job of lighting up the rear number plate and brightening up the rear in a sporty but corporate manner as was the intent of the design brief.

Had to seal the paint edge of the blacken pillars with a grey PVC liner which did add to the detailing...ok to now fetch the battery which should have been charged a bit for me to squeeze some pics out of her for tonight...

Last edited by R.K.Ramesh : 8th December 2010 at 01:12.
Old 8th December 2010, 02:22   #156
BHPian

The birth of a new look

So this is it ladies and gentlemen...
The Logan Makeover story - of course a new look needs a new name chosen by my friend, so we cant really call her 'a Logan' anymore.

It is with joy that I present the new born, the just delivered 'Kanoe' the corporate steed to waft you across the waters of anonymity to the shores of individuality...

Here is her new logo in all that old world wood and stainless steel charm...
The Logan Makeover-dscf1498.jpg

And the quaint wooden number plate...may need some future refining in all honesty
The Logan Makeover-dscf1496.jpg
The Logan Makeover-dscf1501.jpg
The Logan Makeover-dscf1497.jpg

The visually helpful matt black undertray
The Logan Makeover-dscf1500.jpg

The PVC DLO liner
The Logan Makeover-dscf1494.jpg

And those powerful piercing eyes she asked for in the beginning. 'I now have bionic eyes and LED kajal' she glowers
The bonnet is not entirely fastened here. For those who wanted to take a closer look at the grille - this would give and idea as the Kanoe now comes conveniently with an LED grille highlight.
The Logan Makeover-dscf1493.jpg
Old 8th December 2010, 02:36   #157
Senior - BHPian

Stop teasing us and post the whole cars pic

Pramod
Old 8th December 2010, 02:57   #158
BHPian

Ramesh,
This is the first thread that I ever subscribed to, and boy am I glad.
Brilliant work on the 'Kanoe'.
To be honest, I believe you are a very talented person, and the 'First Lady' is indeed a glimmering proof of that. Please accept my congratulations, and my observations:
Contrary to popular belief, IMO, this paint does justice to the design, and the basis behind it.
The logos on the back are a unique touch, and have come out quite well.
The talk of the thread, the eyes, look amazing in the above pics. Awaiting the pics showing the lady in her complete form.
The grill has come out well, with the creases on the bonnet complementing the entire front look very well.
Something I should have probably said in the beginning few pages, but this effort should, to a large extent, help in eradicating the tag of 'airport cab' from a brilliant vehicle. I have always had a big reason to enjoy my rides to Bengaluru Airport because of the excellent road, and more so because of the Logans. If it would've fit in my budget, I would've bought it. The "Kanoe' is a bigger reason to stretch the budget and give you the responsibility of a performing another wonderful job!

My best wishes for your future. Respect.
Old 8th December 2010, 03:02   #159
BHPian

And she drives off into the arms of her eagerly awaiting home

After all the detail close ups, lets step back and let it all fall into place - with the overall picture.

So this is how the corporate 'Kanoe' looks now ladies and gentlemen .
Hmmm does she look like she's enjoying all that special care and attention. The final waxing over the acryllic paint sealant.
Name:  DSCF1485.jpg
Views: 4508
Size:  40.2 KB

Ambient lights dim dramatically and she turns on her luminous powers. Staff insist on having a photo session with the cynosure of all eyes.
Must say that she sure looked a sight like this, especially when seen the first time - kinda grew on us you know - but hey a good plastic surgeon must learn to graciously let go of his patients with a smile, goodwill and joy -as she is enthusiatically recieved by the home that awaits her...
The Logan Makeover-dscf1509.jpg

The camera swoops in for a quick pat on her cheek before stepping back and zooming out - my friend is raring to go - musnt keep him waiting too long. Note the Australian steel mesh grille. It is a bit darker and not so glossy but strong and resistant to minor bumps and dings.
The Logan Makeover-dscf1506.jpg

Must add that there is a certain useful drama when switching between low beam to high beam as only one headlight is alternatively on on each side. So there is a very noticable motion on operating the lights. Moving objects are always percieved faster than static objects so we hope that this motion in switching from low to high beam makes our Kanoe more visible on the roads at night. The other headlight is anyway highlighted with the angel eyes so the width of the car will be picked up from far away for safety 'drive by' requirements even if the inner high beam light is on.

The high beam unit also has an interesting yellow parking light bulb and bright jewel like parking angel eyes which go well as a combination. The resulting light play on the cup scoops below the headlight make for an interesting light play.

The headlight bulbs Philips T7 80W90s are a lot more powerful than the original lamps and so in the interest of not zapping battery power, we chose not to have the low beamers on when the powerful high beams were on.
The Logan Makeover-dscf1508.jpg

Lights on for the last minute powder puff before she cheerfully sets off...
The number plate glow allows one to read the numberplate even from a distance due to it's even cool white glow. It all seems to have fallen into place.
The Logan Makeover-dscf1484.jpg

And she is off Ladies and Gentlemen...We step out for a last glimpse at the new born 'Kanoe' as she carefully sets off into the twilight...
The Logan Makeover-dscf1512.jpg

Best Wishes and Godspeed
R.K.Ramessh

Last edited by R.K.Ramesh : 8th December 2010 at 03:06.
Old 8th December 2010, 03:32   #160

The mesh spoils it all. I like the rear. Infact, I love the rear. I can't digest the front. It looks hap hazard and honestly, i woudnt be seen dead in it.
Old 8th December 2010, 03:55   #161
BHPian

Well I guess it is horses for courses. Looks are always a subjective thing and the rear is getting the thumbs up in your comment rather than the front this time. While I do think I should have used a thicker mesh - we found it difficult to shape even this thinner one as it was structurally rather hard.

That said, I am not sure how much the pics here do justice to the mesh. It does have a pleasant fringe glow as one walks around the car and especially in brighter ambient light one can faintly see the crash bar adding texture behind it so it isnt just one huge featureless thing.

We kept it this way intentionally as horizontal slats, split grille, honey comb etc. were proving either run of the mill or needlessly heavy and not so easy to sculpt. Or perhaps we simply didnt find / look hard enough for a more appealing grille design

People on seeing the car in metal, did comment that it alluded a bit to olde world charm which is what my friend asked for. While I musn't speak on the degree of success of how I had managed to bring it out that design brief, I can certainly say that one lives and learns and grows too as a result. Your feedback keeps me grounded thanks .

Last edited by R.K.Ramesh : 8th December 2010 at 04:05.
Old 8th December 2010, 07:59   #162
Senior - BHPian

What a dramatic makeover of the Logan ! Congratulations Ramesh, on the successful completion of your project. Looks good overall.

Yes, looks are subjective, and moreover in this case it was your customer who needed to be satisfied, and if he is happy with the looks of his customised car, then what the heck, it's a job well done

Any pics of the some of the other front mesh options you had in mind, just to know the choices ?

Thanks for sharing this mod with TBHP
Old 8th December 2010, 09:56   #163
BHPian

Congrats on the job! . I got few Q's and suggestions

The light are sat so deep , I'd would be nice to see the light throw from inside before commenting.Love the naked look without a lens though. I'd say stop hunting for one, lol.

There is a disconnect in the overall design from the front and back, yes things may be restricted by budgets of a customer but i feel your thoughts were influenced with the creative juices overflowing too . If you want the car's mood to look complete (partially atleast )... its my suggestion to fill up the slits above the fogs with the same wood.

All in all, good workmanship and execution i must say.
Old 8th December 2010, 10:19   #164
Senior - BHPian

Was silently following this thread. Ramesh ji I must congratulate you on this creative and immaculate face lift (and not just a mod). The car's appearance is totally transformed from the front and rear. Hope Mahindra Renault follows some lines and give a much awaited face lift to the mass produced Logans.

Last edited by samsag12 : 8th December 2010 at 10:22.
Old 8th December 2010, 11:37   #165
BHPian

Congrats man !

The rear looks good, though on a personal note the wood doesnt go well with the sporty look of the car.

Well the front end, not my choice( the turn lamps look out of place, and the grill look odd).

However as long as the owner is happy , i cant complain much !

One more advice , i just checked your website .. please change the pics of the cars posted there ( the alpha romeo look alike had featured in TBHP bad car/ wiered mod thread )

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks