Team-BHP > Modifications & Accessories
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 5th December 2010, 15:31   #16
BHPian

don't spend too much on a second hand car. simple go in for the basic model iPod interfacing audio setup
Old 5th December 2010, 15:52   #17
Team-BHP Support

I believe that ICE is what you should spend your 30k on. Considering the fact that it's driven by your fiancee. She will enjoy the versatility of a nice HU that's iPod and bluetooth compatible.

But if you're really interested in performance, you could opt for Green-Cotton CAI+filter. I'd read an advertisement in an auto-mag recently that speaks of the availability of Cosworth CAI specially designed for the Swift. You could check that out.

I'm not sure but I think Sam Kapasi wrote to Cosworth in Pune and sourced some parts for his car from them. You could do the same as well!

Last edited by suhaas307 : 5th December 2010 at 15:53.
Old 5th December 2010, 15:58   #18

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTO View Post
Frank, considering that it's your fiancée / her family that is going to drive the car, why bother with a performance exhaust & intake? Spend the 30K instead on ICE. I'm sure they'll enjoy connecting their iPod to a nice audio system a lot more!
Im telling you Rush, it isnt for his fiancee!! Its for him!! I did exactly the same! Well...sortoff.. And im trying to get her to buy a zen so I can get a 1.3 into it.
Old 5th December 2010, 20:35   #19
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by thedreamcatcher View Post
Just one thing. I am not sure if 30k would be enough for a decent set-up.

Good set of wheels should set you back from around 15k (I am talking decent or average here, there may be some available even for as low as 10-12 k).

CAI should work up to around 6-8 K

FFE on the other hand, along with end can, should come to around 20-22 k.

All together, if you opt for the decent kit, it should be in the range of around 40.

Alternately, you can go in for stock replacement filters (but dont expect significant power gains), which should be around 3-4k max. you shuld be able to get wheels if you look at a unbranded wheels. (Have seen Plati's going for 12k for a set of 4 in Bangalore).
we found a set of wheels for about 12k. he (my fiancée's brother) likes them a lot.
that leaves us with 18 k. We are now looking at a green cotton CAI/k &n 57i kit.
Which leaves us with almost 10k for the FFE. Manageable.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cyrus43 View Post
Umm, Can I ask why your Fiance needs a CAI or a FFE?? OR is it you that needs it??
Her brother drives it. And I love doing up cars

Quote:
Originally Posted by jatinpatel View Post
@cyrus43
I also have the same question in my mind..
But there are few exceptional girls who are into cars

@frank
There are made for swift cai kits available in pipercross and crosworth
For Ffe I have tried Automech for my ohc Ffe job was well done no issues at all my requirements for Ffe were similar to yours and they fulfilled it perfecto.
Have TD swift with Automech exhaust she was dam nice.
Yeah, looking at automech a little closely now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by WanderNomad View Post
Hey buddy, does the swift not drive well otherwise?

I might sound like a critic but I truly feel that the drivers of this car dont need any such intended modification though I maybe wrong. Rest is your call.
They do. Her brother wants more 'pep' in the first and second gears. The swift does have a slightly weak low end if you ask me.

Quote:
I made my girlfriend buy the VDi with Alloy wheels and ABS as I was goingto drive that car and the Alloys look better! So....I know. HAHAHA!! Frank bhai who is paying for these mods?? You or them??
They are paying for the mods and they will drive them. I am helping them do it up (with pleasure, off course)

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTO View Post
Frank, considering that it's your fiancée / her family that is going to drive the car, why bother with a performance exhaust & intake? Spend the 30K instead on ICE. I'm sure they'll enjoy connecting their iPod to a nice audio system a lot more!
ICE is a separate budget altogether.
We already have a Pioneer 5050UB with Pioneer rears. I am going to add a set of components upfront and spice up things with a 4 ch amplifier. That should do it for them. Will sound really good. And control the iPod too.
Old 5th December 2010, 20:38   #20
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sameer_dg View Post
don't spend too much on a second hand car. simple go in for the basic model iPod interfacing audio setup
A car that has done 21k is hardly second hand, come on. They've spent hard earned money on it. Don't they have a right to enjoy it?
We already have an iPod interfacing audio setup.

Quote:
Originally Posted by suhaas307 View Post
I believe that ICE is what you should spend your 30k on. Considering the fact that it's driven by your fiancee. She will enjoy the versatility of a nice HU that's iPod and bluetooth compatible.

But if you're really interested in performance, you could opt for Green-Cotton CAI+filter. I'd read an advertisement in an auto-mag recently that speaks of the availability of Cosworth CAI specially designed for the Swift. You could check that out.

I'm not sure but I think Sam Kapasi wrote to Cosworth in Pune and sourced some parts for his car from them. You could do the same as well!
Green cotton and Cosworth are being evaluated. So is the K&N 57i induction kit. Working both out. Waiting for the 'GREEN' signal from the people who are paying for it (you know which one filter I have in mind now, don't you )

Quote:
Im telling you Rush, it isnt for his fiancee!! Its for him!! I did exactly the same! Well...sortoff.. And im trying to get her to buy a zen so I can get a 1.3 into it.
I drive her CNG Accent 80 km a day, every single day. I didn't ask for anything
Old 5th December 2010, 23:31   #21
Senior - BHPian

How much difference does ONLY removing the catalytic converter have on the car?? What if we just try removing the cat-con and see if the car drives/sounds better?
Will it?
Old 5th December 2010, 23:40   #22

It will most certainly drive better, but there wont be much of a difference in the sound.
Old 5th December 2010, 23:40   #23
Senior - BHPian

What about the o2 sensor? Is it in front or behind the catcon? If it is in front, then the engine check light will come on, right?
Old 5th December 2010, 23:44   #24
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by frankmehta View Post
What about the o2 sensor? Is it in front or behind the catcon? If it is in front, then the engine check light will come on, right?
O2 sensor is on exhaust manifold before catcon. If you remove it then the replacement pipe should have a cut out for the sensor.
Old 5th December 2010, 23:46   #25
Senior - BHPian

So there is no harm in removing it, except for the emissions test (which is a sham in India, as I just realised my Esteem didn't have a cat-con in the later part of it's life, as we got a free-flow on it, and the Esteem passed all emissions test with flying colours)
Old 23rd December 2010, 00:31   #26
Senior - BHPian

Re: 25k: Modify my Swift

New wheels!!!
And some GOOD ICE.
I don't know how this happens to me, but we managed to double the budget in ICEing the car.
Got Rainbow components, Auditor 4 Channel Amplifier, Damped the front doors and retained the 5 way Pioneer 6*9s. Sounds Good (pun intended!)
Install By Bass & Trouble.

While all this is good stuff, it also means we have no money left this time for performance mods.
For the next 2-3 months I think we shall be happy.

Till the next time............
Attached Thumbnails
25k: Modify my Swift-dsc_0246-desktop-resolution.jpg  

25k: Modify my Swift-dsc_0249-desktop-resolution.jpg  

Last edited by frankmehta : 23rd December 2010 at 00:32.
Old 23rd December 2010, 11:07   #27
Team-BHP Support

The Swift looks in good nick, Frank! The wheels are in the stock size, I suppose? The ICE sounds impressive too! But I think the car is a bit incomplete without tints! Is that on the cards soon?
Old 23rd December 2010, 12:15   #28
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
we found a set of wheels for about 12k.
@frank

Was this for change of tyres as well as alloys or for either of them separately?
Old 23rd December 2010, 12:33   #29
Senior - BHPian

New tyres in the next six months. as of now this set cost us rs 13k
Old 23rd December 2010, 15:31   #30
BHPian

Frank , the wheels look great .Which finish is that ?Please put more information about the ICE setup.Also put some images of the car in daylight.Tire upgrade is a must as the JKs are the worst in the world except for FE.
SHK

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks