Team-BHP > Modifications & Accessories
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 25th April 2012, 11:35   #31
BHPian

re: Vicky.in's online automotive store. EDIT : Poor reviews & customer service on Pg.3

I did not complete a order because the shipping cost was almost same as the product i was trying to buy. When most online ordering sites these days offer free shipping, i think vicky.in must adopt the same to stay in business. My 2 cents.
dhiman is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 5th May 2012, 16:17   #32
BHPian

re: Vicky.in's online automotive store. EDIT : Poor reviews & customer service on Pg.3

it is a great initiative. Must say i was very excited on seeing this thread for the first time. the enthusiasm dampened though when i came to the 2nd page in which Mik shared his grievances . Online shopping is just so much unpredictable specially from indian websites, which, as someone just pointed out, dont have adequate quality control and dont pay heed to any after sales service, claims or refunds.

The site is quite comprehensive, but there are a couple of things that come to my mind
As someone just pointed out, why would you go online to purchase something that is so easily available over the counter. They should have had some items / articles which are not easily found over the counter. I regularly buy from ebay specially for my classics, simply because of the fact that those articles are not available over the counter. I really think they should have had some parts needed for some popular indian classics atleast like Fiats, heralds, contessas, etc that would have increased their popularity and greatly benefited all fellow collectors / restorers

Secondly unless you are a die hard DIY freak, you wouldnt go buy online, Whenever you buy from any accessories shop, the fitting is mostly done by them FOC. In this case, not only do you pay for the article but also have to pay for the fitting, etc in case you dont DIY
Old 5th May 2012, 18:58   #33
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mik View Post
Not sure if this is the right thread to post this. However, here it goes.
Thanks for sharing your experience. I would stay away from them. I do not like their product description either.

BTW, you should have just dropped by your nearest Bajaj Probiking and got the scale model in person.
Old 5th May 2012, 21:07   #34
Senior - BHPian

I would disagree a bit here with Mik and raise another thought. Some products are not designed for shipping. It is then beholden on the e-tailer to ship it well as well as have great customer service - UrbanTouch, Flipkart and Infibeam are particularly good at this.

While ordering such items (as opposed to a book), I would always exercise caution and not buy unless some other early adopters in my knowledge have done the same!

/ that said, their behavior is crappy

Sites like lifemojo.com are awesome. I once ordered a black watch - despite confirming/specifying the LCD backlight color, their staff shipped the wrong one. The moment i got it, raised the issue with them. With a smile, their co-founder Himanshu sent TNT (!) over to pick up the old stock and sent the right one immediately - done the next day. THAT is service!

/while playgroundonline couldn't confirm product availability in a week!
Old 15th June 2012, 20:29   #35
BHPian

I went to vicky.in many times, but never new they were selling online... Today, i just happened to see the "shopping" tab on the site. They really have a wide range of items. Pricing is ok. But what I like is the availability of almost everything in car care. I bought Meguiar car interior cleaner, armor all tyre cleaner and plastic protect gel. Talked to Karthik as well. Other sites deliver for free, but vicky.in use only bluedart. So be assured of the condition of the products you have bought. Karthik assured me. Hope to receive the items by coming monday. A great idea indeed.
Old 20th July 2012, 16:12   #36
BHPian

I placed my order with them on 18th July . Got a call back from them in another half an hour and after that dead silence. I am a little apprehensive about their capability to deliver but let me give it a try.

Some good , bad , ugly stuff :

Good :
All automotive purchases at one place and too from a site that is known in Indian auto scene.
Their product range is impressive.
Got a call immediately confirming my order with them.

Bad :
Pathetic description of product. No product code (if available) given.
No shipping by date. All online website do have a "Ship by date" . It is missing here. It does not inspire confidence in buyers.

Ugly :
If they can call me to confirm my order I am sure they can reply to my email about when I can expect the delivery.

Good initiative but guys you are in market against boys like Flipkart who from the first day of their service have got very little negative comment against them, so better pull up your socks. Buyer can be unforgiving.
vikrantj is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 20th July 2012, 16:28   #37
BHPian

Very Nice Initiative. I am using this site for price comparisons alone. Most of the pictures are of very bad quality and you don't the actual feel of the product.
I am looking for a good Bike gloves and the range is very less. After 399 the next available price is 2699. Hope they add more products.
Old 20th July 2012, 17:50   #38
BHPian

And they dont update their actual stock on their portal. After I made payment, they call to inform, one of the products is out of stock. I cancelled it.
Old 22nd July 2012, 10:18   #39
BHPian

Update on my order :

Received in good condition and product as per spec.
Old 22nd October 2012, 11:32   #40
BHPian

Ordered Mothers clay bar system - received in good time with good packaging

Pros :
1) extensive collection
2) Competitive price (hell half of the products are not available anywhere else)
3) Good communication
4) Good choice of courier - DTDC - this really matters on online purchases

Cons :
1) Sucky website design - search is not that good, need to define the product categories better
2) Awful product description - most of the products have a one liner to describe them, agreed most of the people who buy from here know the products - still this will help a layman and increase the popularity of the product and the site
Old 27th November 2012, 10:23   #41
BHPian

Vicky.in's new online automotive store

I had placed order for Waxpol Silky touch polish. While placing the order it was indicated that 1 piece means 3 bottles. I clarified this from Karthick via an email.

However I have received only 02 bottles. I have sent multiple mails to Karthick but yet to get a reply. I don't know what is holding them to send a reply.
In these days when customer service is the name of the game, keeping good stuff is not good enough. Good customer service is more important.

I hope that this is a one off case.
Old 27th November 2012, 13:08   #42
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mik View Post
Call me vindictive if you will.
Here is another post which details this atrocious sites' callous attitude.

Helmets - Page 772 - xBhp.com : The Global Indian Biking Community

Copying what was written

"I would suggest you stay away from *********. I had a pretty bad experience shopping with them. They dont always ship what they advertise. I ordered a couple of scale model cars based on the description and picture that they had put up but they sent pieces from a totally different series instead. The helpline makes a mockery of the word helpline. Vicky picked up my call the first time and after I explained the situation he never picked up my calls again. Even though I later dropped repeated sms's he didnt reply or return my calls. Only their email 'support' responded, saying that they cant help. Ive posted the details on the FB page as well. Very dismal customer interaction with what was supposed to be a 'reputed' website. For 8k I dont know if you want to go through the same hassle as I did.
__________________"

Mods: If not appropriate, kindly delete.
That was my post from the other forum, I didnt know that there was a thread on the vicky.in website here as well. Thanks for pulling it out and warning the other Tbhp members earlier.

A little background info first. I collect 1:24 scale model cars and my current count is probably 80. I have bought from several online websites including dreamcarmodels dot com (several times), toytango dot com etc. Like all online retailers, these websites have pictures representing the models that are being sold and mention the different colours available.

I am attaching two pictures - the white Nissan Skyline GTR was what was advertised on the website when I placed the order and the black / blue combination Skyline GTR (Street Tuner series) is what was delivered to me. I had also ordered a Subaru Impreza (again the advertised picture was of a regular Impreza) and the product I received was a yellow and blue Subaru Impreza from the Street Tuner series.

As I was supposed to travel on work, I had got my order delivered to my home in Cochin and a few weeks later when I checked the package I got the shock of my life when I saw that the products that were delivered were from the Street Tuner series. Plus one of the products that I ordered was not delivered (an Audi TT) but they hadnt refunded the amount. I had to chase them for that.

The worst part is that I already owned the GTR in the same colour combination from the Street Tuner series!

I called them up immediately when I found out about this and spoke to Karthik who assured me that he would look into the same. However that was the end of him picking up my calls. I mustve tried Karthiks number 30 + times over several weeks and had left him numerous smses but he never bothered to reply or return my call. Their email support team at least had the courtesy to respond but said that no vendor would accept a product return after so many days. To say that I was furious is an understatement. Never again from Vicky.in and hopefully you dont either. My only bad experience with online shopping in India.

Compare this to Karamvir Singh, the owner of Dreamcar models. I had once dropped in a suggestion at their website and he called me up later in the day and we had a lengthy discussion on scale model collecting and the market. Very friendly and open to ideas and suggestions. The packing that they use is great and ensures that the products reach you in great condition.
Attached Thumbnails
Vicky.in's online automotive store. EDIT : Poor reviews & customer service on Pg.3-advertised-nissan-skyline-gtr.jpg  

Vicky.in's online automotive store. EDIT : Poor reviews & customer service on Pg.3-delivered-nissan-skyline-gtr-street-tuner-series.jpg  

Last edited by neil.jericho : 27th November 2012 at 13:09.
neil.jericho is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 27th November 2012, 18:31   #43
BHPian

It's surprising that there is not a single comment by Karthick on any of the issues listed by so many members. It's high time that Team-BHP dissociates from such an entity. After all Team-BHP stands for its quality and commitment to the automotive sector.
Highflyer is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 27th November 2012, 20:43   #44
Distinguished - BHPian

Honestly I was shocked to see that Tbhp seems to associated with Vicky.in. My experience with them was absolutely disgusting to say the least.
neil.jericho is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 28th November 2012, 11:22   #45
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Highflyer View Post
It's high time that Team-BHP dissociates from such an entity. After all Team-BHP stands for its quality and commitment to the automotive sector.
Quote:
Originally Posted by neil.jericho View Post
Honestly I was shocked to see that Tbhp seems to associated with Vicky.in.
Guys, just to clarify : Team-BHP is NOT associated with vicky.in in any way at all.

Whenever a Moderator or BHPian sees something interesting to do with Indian cars, we create a thread on the same. That doesn't mean we're associated with the 3rd party entities in any way at all.

Hope this makes our position amply clear.
GTO is offline   (9) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks