Team-BHP > Modifications & Accessories

Search this Thread
Old 24th December 2012, 17:23   #76
BHPian

Re: Vicky.in's online automotive store. EDIT : Poor reviews & customer service on Pg.

LATEST UPDATE:

Karthick had called me last week and nearly spoke for about 30 minutes explaining the process that took place right from the time they had taken the the tyre from the dealer till packing it and delivering it to Blue Dart for shipment. When they took the tyre from the dealer, it wasn't under any sort of packing and they inspected the tyre for any damage which didn't exist then.

Though I was really pissed with all that had happened, the conversation with Karthick made me go soft- at least his tone of talking and the patience that he showed towards my anguish and took the complete onus on himself of getting the matter solved even if it was the fault of the logistics company.

He stated that such issues have also arisen in the past and they have had numerous issues with Blue Dart in manhandling their shipments and had to face the customers wrath for damaged deliveries.

I wrote a mail to Blue Dart to expressing my frustration on the matter, they replied on mail and also called up to start their investigation. And finally accepted that it was their fault and the consignment was damaged in transit.

I guess they have compensated the damage to Vicky.in considering Vicky.in has refunded the entire amount to my credit card account.

From what I found from this case was that Vicky sends parcels (big or small) through Blue Dart surface and I have myself seen how parcels are handled when the shipping happens through surface movement. No doubt, the scale models of some people here arrived in damaged condition.

I wonder what's stopping them from changing the courier company if they end up in such situations.

Thankfully for me, my money has been returned. Thanks everyone for the patience and the suggestions.
pulsurge is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 24th December 2012, 17:32   #77
BHPian

Re: Vicky.in's online automotive store. EDIT : Poor reviews & customer service on Pg.

I avoid them like plague. I ordered twice and after weeks the money was refunded to me stating product is not available.
Old 25th December 2012, 16:33   #78
BHPian

I have a very simple policy when it comes to buying stuff online. Especially from Indian stores.
  • COD - Cash on Delivery.
Simple. Even if they charge you a small COD fee, its absolutely worth it. Plus, if I'm not entirely imagining, items bought on COD have faster shipping and is guaranteed to reach you in perfect condition.
  • Ask every question you have, before placing the order.
  • For orders without COD, Always drop a mail confirming the availabily and specs BEFORE paying up. If possible, have them include a link or pic to the exact item. Sellers will always respond to prospective buyers. Save this correspondence.
  • For stores that don't offer COD, stay away unless they're reputed, trustworthy and has a brand to maintain.
  • If in doubt, don't order. The logic is that most of the stuff ordered online are things we want and seldom need. So its better to play it safe.
  • For international orders, stick to paypal. I've had excellent service from them.
  • Credit Cards are the final choice. While your money is relatively safe, there will still be a few emails etc. that need exchanging.
To date, I haven't had a single headache with any of the stuff I've bought online. Be it returns, refunds or warranty claims. All thanks to these simple rules.

Hope this helps.

Last edited by Tassem : 25th December 2012 at 16:42.
Tassem is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 25th December 2012, 20:07   #79
gemi_kk

Most of the stuff related to automobiles are bought with some attachment.

Some examples:
OK nice helmet. will it suit me? will it suit my bike color? will the size of the helmet be intact with the bike ? OK i love this helmet, however i am not really comfy with it, i could sacrifice this one for a helmet which might not look as good as this is but should be more comfortable. An online store cannot address this requirement.

Nice car covers. hmm.. sure it will suit a red car. How about a silver color car?
Speakers, i cant get them auditioned online?

Those who love their automobiles, they prefer to buy the the shop after they check the stuff. Regarding polishes, perfumes, latest 3d mats and other stuff, yes an online store would be good.

If i buy from a local shop, he would fit the car covers at free or at a marginal amount. Now if i buy online, who would fit them in my car?

Old 2nd January 2013, 21:11   #80
BHPian

Hmmm, I just ordered couple of oils off the Vicky shopping. I've placed the order on Thursday, last week. First thing, They aren't instantaneous as you expect online stores to be. Pay the money tonight and you'll be having the parcel boy knocking your door day after tomorrow is not the case here. I believe they take the order and spend a week's time procuring them and then parcel to us! Another thing I've noted is they are not as professional as CarStudio, CarPlus etc, also the site is such a mess, no proper details, pictures as reported before.

I've ordered Castrol DOT4 Brake Fluid, I paid, and now they say me
Quote:
Dear Sir,

The Brake Fluid Dot 4 engine oil you have ordered is not available in Castrol brand but is readily available in TVS girling brand of same quality. Shall we send the same to you?? Awaiting your positive reply. Sorry for any inconvenience caused....
Same quality?! Phew!

I'd rate my experience as below average!

I believe Vicky.in has the W-I-D-E-S-T range of products offered by none of the car accessory vendors online. Oils, Tyres, Alloys etc; But they are let down by "slow processing", very little information, LACK OF IMAGES REGARDING PRODUCT!!! Come on men at Vicky, get these right and you get my 5 stars!!
Old 9th January 2013, 01:18   #81
BHPian

Vicky.IN Online Shopping Detailed Review

Vicky.IN Online Shopping Review

Tuesday, 8 January 2013

Vicky.in Review - Placing order on Vicky.IN

Here is an unbiased review of Vicky.IN- India's #1 Car & Bike Online Auto Store.
I am a regular online shopper, frequently ordering all sorts of stuff online and have been satisfied with the service from Online Stores so far. Recently, I was in need to order a few products for my car. I came across Vicky.IN and was amazed at the huge variety of products available on this website, so I went ahead and signed up a new Customer account. I ordered a few products, here was my order that I placed>>

Thank you for your interest in Vicky.in Shopping products. Your order has been received and will be processed once payment has been confirmed.
To view your order click on the link below:

Order Details Order ID: xxxxx
Date Added: 20/12/2012
Payment Method: Credit Card / Debit Card / Net Banking
Shipping Method: India Shopping Zone (Weight: 0.50kg) Email: xxxx@yahoo.com
Telephone: 750xxxxxxx
IP Address: 49.2xx.xxx.xxx Payment Address Shipping Address xxxxxx xxxxx
Product Model Quantity Price Total Abro Car Care Products - Chamois Cloth Small (17"X13") CH-330 Abro Car Care Products - Chamois Cloth Small (17"X13") 1 Rs.249.00 Rs.249.00 Car Care Products - Meguiars - Gold Class Leather & Vinyl Cleaner Meguiars - Gold Class Leather & Vinyl Cleaner 1 Rs.597.00 Rs.597.00 Armor All - Car Care Products - Carpet & Upholstery Cleaner Armor All - Car Care Products - Carpet & Upholstery Cleaner 1 Rs.475.00 Rs.475.00 Sub-Total: Rs.1,321.00 India Shopping Zone (Weight: 0.50kg): Rs.80.00 Total: Rs.1,401.00
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The Products that I ordered, as offered on the website>>

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

AFTER a Wait of many Days, I got a call from Vicky.IN Customer Care and also an email telling me that a particular product I ordered is no longer available. Whenever I tried to call at the given number that is supposed to be of Customer Care, the calls were unanswered except for a few lucky times when a person answered, the same person who called me. That makes me wonder if there's really any organized team managing this site and inventory, or the owners themselves are doing everything. Anyways, I emailed them asking for clarifications and I got timely replies, thankfully. However, the thing to be noted is the unprofessionalism while writing an email to a Customer (Yellow Highlighted). Also, no alterations have been made to these emails in terms of Formatting or text. They are as they appeared in my Inbox.
Here are my exchange of emails with Vicky.IN>>

Product Model Quantity Price Total Abro Car Care Products - Chamois Cloth Small (17"X13") CH-330 Abro Car Care Products - Chamois Cloth Small (17"X13") 1 Rs.249.00 Rs.249.00 Car Care Products - Meguiars - Gold Class Leather & Vinyl Cleaner Meguiars - Gold Class Leather & Vinyl Cleaner 1 Rs.597.00 Rs.597.00 Armor All - Car Care Products - Carpet & Upholstery Cleaner Armor All - Car Care Products - Carpet & Upholstery Cleaner 1 Rs.475.00 Rs.475.00 Sub-Total: Rs.1,321.00 India Shopping Zone (Weight: 0.50kg): Rs.80.00 Total: Rs.1,401.00

================================================== ================================================== =====

To: Vicky.in Shopping <store@vicky.in>

Sent: Sunday, December 23, 2012 1:28 PM
Subject: Re: Vicky.in Shopping - Order xxxxx

Hello,
I got a call from you regarding my recent Order ID: #xxxxx, that a particular Meguiars product (Meguiars - Gold Class Leather & Vinyl Cleaner) is not available in your stock, but I fail to understand why is the stock not updated on your website that creates such problems. Anyways, you may continue to ship rest of the 2 items EXCEPT THE Meguiars - Gold Class Leather & Vinyl Cleaner AND kindly initiate a refund of Rs.597.00 back to my account. You have my details in case you need to contact me for any further details. Thanks

================================================== ================================================== ===

I got a call from Vicky.IN and the person calling was reluctant for refund. So, I had to choose another Product.

Sent: Sunday, December 23, 2012 1:45 PM
Subject: Fw: Vicky.in Shopping - Order xxxxx

You may add the following product instead and refund the balance amount that is: 597-365= 232 Rupees. You may call me for any clarification, this is the final order.
Thanks.
Armor All - Car Care Products - Multipurpose Cleaner

http://www.vicky.in/shopping/armor-a...me=armor%20all

================================================== ================================================== ===

Sent: Fri, Dec 28, 2012 at 3:21 AM
Subject: Fw: Vicky.in Shopping - Order xxxxx

Hello,
We talked on the phone about finalizing the order as per my last email (refer below), but I still haven't got any information about when the products have been shipped and when they will arrive.

Armor All - Car Care Products - Multipurpose Cleaner
Armor All - Car Care Products - Carpet & Upholstery Cleaner
Abro Car Care Products - Chamois Cloth Small (17"X13")

Additionally, Balance of Rupees 232 to be refunded back to account

Thanks

Sent: Friday, December 28, 2012 8:11 PM
Subject: Re: Order XXXXX

Dear Sir,

The chamois cloth we have gotfrom the vendor is not of good quality. That's y your shipment is holded. Should we wait or can we send you abro micrfiber towel. Also we have got the mutlipurpose auto cleaner (525) and upholstery cleaner for you (475) already

Sent: Friday, December 29, 2012 4:52 PM

Hello,
As per your website, the multipurpose auto cleaner Product Code: VKY4809 is listed for Rs. 365 against 525 as per your email. Also, I have to buy the products today itself as cannot wait any longer. As the products have not been shipped yet, it would be convenient to have my order cancelled. Hence I would request you to kindly CANCEL my order and refund the amount of Rs. 1401 back to my Bank account. I will be grateful to you. Please send me a confirmation email of my order cancellation and the time it will take to have the balance transferred.

Thanks

Sent: Saturday, December 29, 2012 5:00 PM

Dear Sir,

Cancellation would end up getting deduction upto 30% as the banker has attracted the payment. Your products are ready. Do let me know on the chamois cloth alone

To: Vicky.in/shopping <store@vicky.in>

Sent: Saturday, December 29, 2012 5:12 PM
Subject: Order XXXXX

Hello,
As the products have not been shipped, there is no point of any charges to be levied on the Cancellation. I know this as I'm involved in online shopping all the time. Since the lag is at your end and the website which has inaccurate information which caused me to request for cancellation, you shouldn't even tell me about your cancellation fee or anything of that sort. If it would have been anything at my end or if the products would have been shipped already incurring any cost on you, I would have paid you. The Multipurpose cleaner is listed for 365 and you asked for 525, I already have had enough time with you so I'm not going to go ahead with this order anymore and I want the money back without any deduction. I would not accept any unlawful reason for not refunding my money back since no cost have been incurred at your side yet.

Thanks

================================================== ================================================== ====

Sent: Saturday, December 29, 2012 5:38 PM

Dear Sir,

We have clearly stated in our terms and conditions too. Kindly understand im trying to explain you things only don't take it in any wrong context. Once you pay, we can't get the payment directly it is routed through Gateway system which charges commission for every transaction. Once the order is confirmed, its attracted. If it all it gets cancelled within 24hrs we can outrightly cancel. Also do understand we have got the armorall product called armor all multipurpose auto cleaner which costs Rs525. Do let me know what are the products you want us to ship

================================================== ================================================== ====

Sent: Sat, Dec 29, 2012 at 5:42 PM

Okay. Can you please send me the link for the product that you mentioned armor all multipurpose auto cleaner that costs Rs. 525 so I can check if it meets my requirements. I will send you my list again after then.

================================================== ================================================== ====FROM: Vicky.in Shopping <store@vicky.in>

Sent: Saturday, December 29, 2012 5:48 PM

http://www.armorall.com/products/vie...ategory_index=

TO: Vicky.in Shopping <store@vicky.in>
Sent: Saturday, December 29, 2012 5:50 PM

Yes this is the same product I'm talking about. I asked about the link on vicky.in website. Anyways, it is listed as Rs. 365. Check here>>

http://www.vicky.in/shopping/armor-a...ter_name=armor

Sent: Saturday, December 29, 2012 5:53 PM

Cool Mist Air Freshening Multi-Purpose Auto Cleaner and
Multipurpose Cleaner are different sir. Its an little advance product

Sent: Saturday, December 29, 2012 6:05 PM

Okay. I know about that product also and this product is fine to me. Just make sure that the Cool Mist version of the Cleaner is shipped and not the original one that costed less. Just to let you know, being a customer, I'm still co-operating with this deal beyond my usual tolerance levels so make sure what that is agreed here in our emails (these are in record), is not altered afterwards in any way. Because once you send it to me and I open the packet, it will not be feasible for me to send them back on my own cost, so I will be forced to initiate legal action against the Vicky.in owners. Just make sure that the products you ship to me are perfectly brand new products.

Please check if this is available with you that can be shipped readily>>>
http://www.vicky.in/shopping/car-car...crofibre-towel

Sent: Sat, Dec 29, 2012 at 6:21 PM

This is the final order>>

Armor All Cool Mist Air Freshening Multi-Purpose Auto Cleaner= 525
http://www.armorall.com/products/vie...ategory_index=

Armor All Carpet & Upholstery Cleaner= 475
http://www.armorall.com/products/vie...index=cleaners

Meguiars Supreme Shine MicroFiber Towel= 297
http://www.vicky.in/shopping/car-car...crofibre-towel

TOTAL= 1297
PAID= 1401

Please confirm this order back to me and send as soon as possible. I would also like to have the tracking number.

Sent: Monday, December 31, 2012 10:43 AM

Meguiars towel they are asking for more time sir. Do suggest

Same day I got a call from Vicky.IN (same person) Finally and we agreed on sending 2 Abro Microfiber Towels, Armor All Cool Mist Multipurpose Cleaner and Armor All Carpet & Upholstery Cleaner. I was keeping my fingers crossed that the right products are delivered, and in one piece. Also note that I paid 1401 for my order, and this new order costs less, so there's a balance left at their end. The amount wasn't much but as far as proper business is concerned, I wasn't offered any kind of refund or store credit.

I Paid for Products+Shipping> 1401
Received Products+Shipping> 1352

We have dispatched your product through Blue dart courier. Kindly note the consignment no of your product.

Please reply to this email if you have any questions.

Order ID: XXXXX
Date Ordered: 20/12/2012

Your order has been updated to the following status:
Shipped

The comments for your order are:

Dear Sir,

We have dispatched your product through Blue dart courier. Here is the consignment no and following is the response from the Blue dart team. Kindly contact your nearby Blue dart courier centre to get the product.

AWB No:
Pick up date: 31-Dec-12
Shipper: ANNAP INTERACTIVE SOLUTIONS
Consignee: SHINGH
Destination: CHANDIGARH
Estimated date of delivery: 05-Jan-13

Please reply to this email if you have any questions.

Then I had to deal with Bluedart for unnecessary delays. Here is an email with BlueDart>>

Dear Sir/Madam,

This is to inform you that shipment has reached to Delhi Ware House and will be connected to destination very soon. However, we have already informed to destination branch to arrange the delivery as soon as it reaches there.

Incase of further assistance please write back to us.

Best Regards,

-----Original Message-----
Sent: Saturday, January 05, 2013 1:04 AM
Subject: Shipment Delay
Shipper/Consignee/Third Party : Consignee Comments :
I have been waiting for my package to be delivered and the status shows Accident/Traffic Jam, and contact Customer Care. I don't know what is going on. When will I get my package??

Waybill Number : xxxxxxxxxxx
------------------------------
Pickup Date : 31 December 2012
To : CHANDIGARH
Status : LINEHAUL DELAYED; ACCIDENT/TRAFFIC-JAM | CONTACT CUSTOMER SERVICE
================================================== =========================

FINALLY I got the package. The box was a garments box that was used to package. It was not even in a proper shape.

The Products were sealed in a Plastic Carrybag from some South Indian Publication.

The Actual Products that I received. Both the Bottles were not sealed. Thankfully the products were genuine as they worked as intended. A Different Carpet and Upholstery Cleaner was sent to me than the one originally ordered (see at the top of this page) This one is OxyMagic which I have to use more carefully to avoid discoloration of surface as stated on warning, which is the reason I didn't order this one in the first place. Anyways I will have to use it now.

Conclusion: Buyer Beware!!
Rating: 1/10
Recommendation: NOT Recommended at All unless you're ready for the frustration I had to go through (read emails if you missed that), or if you are okay with getting your entire amount stuck.

Last edited by Eddy : 9th January 2013 at 01:26.
Slasher is offline   (16) Thanks
Old 9th January 2013, 02:44   #82
BHPian

Thank you for posting about your interaction with vicky.in shopping Slasher !
I dont believe I have ever come across such a incompetent site in all my online shopping experience. The items packaging is just plain laughable! eBay sellers are a million times more professional.
Old 9th January 2013, 18:03   #83
BHPian

http://vickyonlineautoshop.blogspot.in/

I will continue to advertise against this Annap group and their loot ventures like Vicky.IN. I'm actually hating myself to have dropped by that site in the first place.
I was going to lodge an FIR for cheating and could have spent whatever amount to bring him/them down, in case If he would have tried to burp my money. The Consumer Laws in India are very weak for Online Trading and hence people like Vicky.IN and many others flourish by cheating and defrauding people. I tried to get information on the Consumer Forum's website about this but there is nothing for Online Trading, Yet
Slasher is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 9th January 2013, 19:33   #84
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slasher View Post
unsealed bottles of Armorall
The bottles of Armorall are not sealed AFAIK. Original bottles bear the mark of the importer and do not contain perfumed soap water.

Why did you go with the hassle of ordering consumables online. I usually buy these products in Supermarkets where I open the spray lid to check the level and also the date of manufacture & import. Many online shops are notorious for palming off old stock to customers, when they order consumables like this.

Why do you hesitate from going to consumer court?
You paid money and got less than stellar service. I bet vicky.in would have a TIN, and would be registered in the same name or some other name decided by the owner.

Once you file the case and the other party is summoned, I am sure they'll change their attitude and might even provide new products on the spot just so that they avoid court proceedings and settle out of court.
Old 9th January 2013, 20:19   #85
BHPian

I don't know about the gateway charges, but when I got my full 820INR back when they didn't get the Bosch oil filter I ordered.

When I got my products a week+ later, I found all the MRPs on the products to be marked/scratched. Surely, they have charged more for what I could have got with a discount in our place. Such a waste of money. I'm not coming back to you vicky. Sorry.

:(
Old 9th January 2013, 22:24   #86
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by JustCause View Post
Why did you go with the hassle of ordering consumables online.
It applies to all the products that we order online but still we do either to avoid hassle of finding a product shop to shop or by seeing better deals online.

I originally ordered Meguiars cleaner and the Microfiber seemed of a good quality. When Vicky.in aka Karthick refused to refund my money, I was forced for options, yes which are available. The ones I originally ordered were not available anywhere, there is still not much variety of good quality Detailing products available in India. And ArmorAll was "Listed" cheaper than the local price. It is listed as 365 whereas I was billed 525, what choice this Karthick left with me? Stores usually have a few products that may not meet specific requirements of a more knowledgeable consumer. Meguiars wasn't available in my city at all.
Moreover, online shopping is at a pace in this country nowadays. It was impressive to get a call from the Vicky.IN fake Customer Care about any assistance regarding the order (fake as there is no Customer Care, Q&A Department, No Packaging/Logistics Team, everything is Mr. Karthick)
I just assumed Vicky.in to be an Infibeam of Auto Products. Atleast this lower level wasn't expected.
I've been extremely satisfied shopping online, and would like to quote an example of exceptional service by Infibeam, where some books were ordered which were imported editions to be sourced from somewhere in New York. But due to Sandy Hurricane, the shipment was delayed. Infibeam kept updating me and once they got the books with them, even though the package was heavy, they arranged an overnight priority courier to me and I got them the next morning, in less than 24 hours of getting the confirmation that they have the books.

Here is a Scanned Copy of the Invoice that I got, as you can see it just appears as a MS-Word Document, no TIN or anything mentioned like Genuine Invoices that we get normally. This whole thing is a Cheat. Now I know why its called Annap Solutions, its Annap-Shannap Solutions

The Modus operandi of Vicky.in aka Karthick
is to showcase a website and get customers on it, like a spider's web. Once payment is made and Customer's are trapped in that web, make them dance to the tune of their money, and settle them down for compromised products, on a higher price, and the balance is eaten away. So Customers are stuck either with No Product-No Money or No Product-Less Money, or Whatever Product-No Money.
Attached Thumbnails
Vicky.in's online automotive store. EDIT : Poor reviews & customer service on Pg.3-image.jpg  

Slasher is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 10th January 2013, 10:37   #87
Senior - BHPian

My God!

That is a very detailed post about your experience with the site. Really surprised that in this day and age one can afford to treat customers like this. The packaging was the last nail on the coffin. Hilarious. I can only imagine your shock when you saw the plastic cover.

I am going to stay very far away from this site. Thanks for the detailed heads up.
deathwalkr is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 11th January 2013, 01:36   #88
Senior - BHPian

But if you have paid by credit card, cant you take up the matter with the cc company and initiate a refund procedure ? Now that you have accepted some 'equal' products its probably not possible but if you had refused and they were giving you that 30% cut nonsense Im sure you could.
Old 11th January 2013, 02:45   #89
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mortis View Post
But if you have paid by credit card, cant you take up the matter with the cc company and initiate a refund procedure?
Well, I paid using Netbanking/Debit Card. Money was charged right away from my account. But I would definitely like to know about the Credit Card Refund procedure if it is possible, someone did mention a "chargeback claim" but not sure what it is and if it is helpful in getting a refund.
Old 1st March 2013, 08:25   #90
Senior - BHPian

Still Waiting to get the Product from Vicky.in.

I had placed an order for Mobil Super 1000TM Engine Oil 5 Ltr Pack at www.vicky.in on 07-02-2013 and also done the payment through Net Banking.
Order No.15594.
Vicky.in's online automotive store. EDIT : Poor reviews & customer service on Pg.3-vicky.jpg

But till date I have not received the product. When I contacted the Customer Care at 07502565872 but no one answers the call.
Also I posted a query on their website regarding the same but did not receive response on that either.

Any one had similar experience?

Is there any way to trace what happened in my case?

Mods please move it to appropriate section.
Thanks.

Most Viewed