Team-BHP > Modifications & Accessories
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 15th March 2011, 10:40   #151
BHPian

Re: Re-Mapped Optra Magnum TCDI. EDIT:Dyno Graph on Pg 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by akshay1234 View Post
With the Evos and all, the AWD system is built for a car itself, hence no GC problems as such.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Psycho View Post
Don't know if the drivetrain is going to be a bolt and if it will require tons of changes under the body including the floor pan taking away the rigidity of the frame. If so it is not a risk worth taking.
Will be talking indetail this saturday as he is busy with gypsy project.
As keshav mentioned if there is any change in rigidity of the frame will not be going ahead with 4x4 project.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mobike008 View Post
Its been a few months now since you got these upgrades. It would be nice to hear your feedback on the difference, issues ( if any) post the re-map.
Car has now done around 10k kms with the remap. I am just loving it after he changed my remapped magnum map to Drag-Spec map for coimbatore drag. The best it could manage is 15.2sec. Its a perfect highway car with lot of power.

Engine - is smooth and delivers power depending upon you right foot.
Usually when we go for a drive which is about 200-300km and on spirited driving our engine oil used to reduce by 1/4 tank but when we did a spirited coimbatore drive with re-mapped RS & re-mapped Cruze there was no sign of oil decreasing at all. Thanks to Castrol EDGE and i would recommend it.

Mileage - On a drive to coimbatore with re-mapped RS & re-mapped Cruze what i observed was if you are maintaining 150kmph you get good mileage of around 12kmpl. But if you are in full throttle you can empty the tank with in 450-500kms.

Handling - Much better then the stock but dont expect neutral handling. Driving in ghats is now made easy. In future would go for Bilstein if it can give neutral handling to my car.

Tyres -
Vectra maxxis ma-z1 -Currently not happy with these tyres as tyre noise is more when you do spirited driving. For a normal joe yes would recommend.

Braking -
Again rotors are doing excellent job in braking. Before ABS used to kink-in a lot and now with slotted rotors i rarely make ABS work. I guess with a performance tyre my braking should improve quite a lot.
My only quest is to make this stop when i am at 200kmph and when asked tuner say install 8pot brake calipers. Experts let me know the Adv/disadvantages of it.

Clutch - The only weak link to increase the power for my manum is clutch. Have asked the tuner to get performance clutch. Tuner say once we install it you can get the power at 1500rpm instead at 1800rpm.
Waiting eagerly for it so that my city driving is made easy.

Quote:
Does the car smoke more now under hard accelaration?
It will smoke a bit if you are on full throttle else no issues.

Quote:
Also, is that Cruze just with a re-map or its clutch and brakes too have been upgraded.
Its with a re-map and brake upgrade.

Quote:
I am also in particularly keen to know an update on how the Cruze is doing post the re-map. I am not sure if you have an update on it as well.
The cruze is TDI racing companies car so when ever i visit can get the update no issues. Car has done 31k kms after re-map with out any issues. Cluth is doing fine and has to be changed at 60k kms.

Last edited by brraj : 15th March 2011 at 10:47.
Old 15th March 2011, 16:40   #152
Distinguished - BHPian

Appreciate the detailed feedback. Seems like everything is going great guns.

Quote:
Originally Posted by brraj View Post
The best it could manage is 15.2sec. Its a perfect highway car with lot of power
That's almost 2 seconds faster in a quartermile over a stock Cruze.

Quote:
Engine - Thanks to Castrol EDGE and i would recommend it..
Is this other than the company specified synthetic oil?

Quote:
Handling - Much better then the stock but dont expect neutral handling. Driving in ghats is now made easy. In future would go for Bilstein if it can give neutral handling to my car.
Did you explore it's cost? Any idea how much a Bilstein shocks upgrade would cost?

Quote:
Tyres - Vectra maxxis ma-z1 -Currently not happy with these tyres as tyre noise is more when you do spirited driving. For a normal joe yes would recommend..
Why dont you try the CPC2 next time. I am happy with it. Great grip and very low road noise.

Quote:
Clutch - The only weak link to increase the power for my manum is clutch. Have asked the tuner to get performance clutch. Tuner say once we install it you can get the power at 1500rpm instead at 1800rpm.
Waiting eagerly for it so that my city driving is made easy..
Cost for clutch upgrade please?

Quote:
It will smoke a bit if you are on full throttle else no issues..
The reason I asked is, had an Accent Pete'd and it use to embarrass me a lot whenever I press the gas in urgency. So was wondering if Re-map has some advantages over Pete's Box in this particular symptom.

Quote:
Its with a re-map and brake upgrade..
45K for re-map and how much would be the brake upgrade for the Cruze?

Quote:
The cruze is TDI racing companies car so when ever i visit can get the update no issues. Car has done 31k kms after re-map with out any issues. Cluth is doing fine and has to be changed at 60k kms.
Appreciate a detailed feedback whenever you can, as I am considering some of these performance upgrades in 2012.
Old 16th March 2011, 10:11   #153
BHPian

Quote:
Is this other than the company specified synthetic oil?
Its from Castrol company though the grade remains same.

Quote:
Did you explore it's cost? Any idea how much a Bilstein shocks upgrade would cost?
For magnum got a quote of 35k.

Quote:
Why dont you try the CPC2 next time. I am happy with it. Great grip and very low road noise.
We have tried the CPC2 but nothing comes close to A-Drives yoko/PP2s/Neovas in that order.

Quote:
Cost for clutch upgrade please?
They are yet to decide on the price.

Quote:
The reason I asked is, had an Accent Pete'd and it use to embarrass me a lot whenever I press the gas in urgency. So was wondering if Re-map has some advantages over Pete's Box in this particular symptom.
If you press the pedal in urgency in any diesel car it smokes. Forget peted cars even a stock BMW 530d smokes and then vanishes. Re-map definitely has advantages over petes as its work is not just dumping more fuel but with the fuel it takes care of boost and more...

Quote:
45K for re-map and how much would be the brake upgrade for the Cruze?
Currently cruze is running on all four slotted rotors costing - 29k.
Old 17th March 2011, 10:00   #154
BHPian

Quote:
We have tried the CPC2 but nothing comes close to A-Drives yoko/PP2s/Neovas in that order.
I mean Grip+Rough road package though for just grip its vice versa.

Last edited by brraj : 17th March 2011 at 10:05.
Old 24th March 2011, 00:54   #155
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by dragger View Post
crazy diablo,since you were at rrr yesterday and you had a look at the dyno reports,did you happen to ask them as to why the tcf was changed from 1.00 to 1.26 in case of all tdi racing dyno sheets?
Quote:
Originally Posted by crazydiablo View Post
No I did not. Even my run was was with TCF 1.00.
Like to know why a whopping 26% correction was applied!!!???
Old 24th March 2011, 11:35   #156
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Wolf View Post
Like to know why a whopping 26% correction was applied!!!???
I guess page 8,9 gives you a clear picture but again the latest maps of I20 where TCF was set to 1.0 which showed the same power figures.

Re-Mapped Optra Magnum TCDI. EDIT:Dyno Graph on Pg 4-i20.jpg

source
Login | Facebook

Time for me to re-dyno my car with TCF set to 1.0 but again instead of wasting money on graphs i can get stabilization bar installed.

Last edited by brraj : 24th March 2011 at 12:03.
Old 24th March 2011, 14:27   #157
Senior - BHPian

Why is the TDI racing i20 producing max torque at 2,789rpm, where as the stock one does it at 1,750rpm?

Shan2nu
Old 24th March 2011, 14:33   #158
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Can a magnum be made a 4x4?

Currently thinking of placing captiva 4x4 system in magnum.

What are all the issues that may crop up with this mod? what about reliability?

The Captiva has 4Wd only in the automatic version i think, how are you going to plonk it into the magnum?
Old 24th March 2011, 21:42   #159
BHPian

Quote:
True, before remapping i would recommend for a suspension job, good rubber on an i20.
Not many will come to know if you remap your car.
Can a Getz crdi be remapped ? I always prefer an optimised remap to any tuning box.
Old 25th March 2011, 10:47   #160
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shan2nu View Post
Why is the TDI racing i20 producing max torque at 2,789rpm, where as the stock one does it at 1,750rpm? Shan2nu
If he gives more power at 1750rpms the clutch wont sustain and so was the peak at 2700+ range and dont worry about the graphs because the remapped i20 was back of a stock BMW 320d on bangy-chennai drive.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JayD View Post
The Captiva has 4Wd only in the automatic version i think, how are you going to plonk it into the magnum?
Even if Captivas 4wd was on a automatic version it can be plonked is what tuner says. The only problem is the fuel tank which needs to be placed aside. More over a Skoda RS 4x4 is getting ready and lets wait n watch for the results.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vdrive View Post
Can a Getz crdi be remapped ? I always prefer an optimised remap to any tuning box.
Any diesel crdis can be remapped.

Check the results for test conducted on Remaps vs Tuning boxes on a magnum. You can see the no of errors produced by a tuning box and zero errors for a re-map.

Re-Mapped Optra Magnum TCDI. EDIT:Dyno Graph on Pg 4-199374.jpg
Old 25th March 2011, 11:31   #161
Senior - BHPian

@Raj: Thanks for the dyno reports

Quote:
Check the results for test conducted on Remaps vs Tuning boxes on a magnum. You can see the no of errors produced by a tuning box and zero errors for a re-map.
Sir, the ERROR is because of the faulty high pressure the tuning box states when compared to a Remap.

Secondly

Quote:
Any diesel crdis can be remapped.
Not true - Most will NOT touch a TATA Engine.
Old 25th March 2011, 12:13   #162
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by headers View Post
Sir, the ERROR is because of the faulty high pressure the tuning box states when compared to a Remap.
Check the rail pressure values for a tuning box it is around 39+ even at idle which is not required at all where as in a remap its 30. Unnecessary pressure make the life of rail pressure wear out faster and so was the faulty high pressures errors i guess. This is as per my knowledge, though experts can comment.

While in remap rail pressure is increased/decreased when needed.

Quote:
Originally Posted by headers View Post
Not true - Most will NOT touch a TATA Engine.
Yes, most will not touch except TDI racing guys. Have seen a Tata safari dicor remapped which has run for around 30k kms without any problems.
Old 26th March 2011, 21:04   #163
BHPian

Thank you Raj..

Have decided to go in for a remap for my Getz CRDI after June 2011..( Warranty issue).

TDi people were quick in replies to my queries.
Old 28th March 2011, 10:38   #164
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vdrive View Post
Thank you Raj..

Have decided to go in for a remap for my Getz CRDI after June 2011..( Warranty issue).

TDi people were quick in replies to my queries.
My honest advise is to first go for suspension and brake upgrades before remapping a Getz crdi.
Old 28th March 2011, 21:24   #165
BHPian

Quote:
My honest advise is to first go for suspension and brake upgrades before remapping a Getz crdi.
Of course, I'm planning a tyre and brake upgrade but, is a suspension upgrade necessary ?

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks