Team-BHP > Modifications & Accessories
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 8th December 2010, 11:44   #1
Senior - BHPian

Chevy Fans: New Chevy Beat Z-Spec Concept and latest accessories

The Beat is one of the few stock cars on Indian roads that guarantee a second, third or even a constant look. Several people even photographing the car. I have personally had people asking me if I have modified the cars interiors to what they are now, taking photos, puzzled about how to get into the rear of the car and so on. On the whole, it delivers a great experience to the driver, even more if you got yourself a Beat in Cocktail Green, Moroccan Blue or Red colour.

The Beat was first introuduced as a Concept at the NY Auto show, along side two other Chevys, the Trax Concept and the Groove Concept and the Beat was choosen to go into production. Further, it was also choosen as Skids for the Transformer 2 installment and has now also got a firm place in the 3rd installment of the Transformer series. It will now be known as the 'Mudflap'. So there has been a lot of heat surrounding the beat, and now they have decided to experiment futher and have introcuded yet another conept verison titled the Z-Spec.

Chevrolet Beat (Chevy Spark / Barina Spark in various other countries) Z-Spec

The new concept was showcased at the 2010 SEMA autoshow, in a new orange scheme called the Tangerine Metallic Orange. the car has white higlights across the car, with sporty white BBS alloys and a new front grill. Some highlights below and a aggresively sporty and funky interior.

1. Tangerine Metallic Orange Paint Job
2. BBS 17 Inch wheels
3. Huge Rear Spoiler
4. Recaro Bucket Seats
5. Revamped Grill
6. Leather Interiors
7. Orange and white interior accents
8. New Gear Knob

Overall, the car looks stunning and more purposeful with the all new aggresive stance. And it does not look overkill, and because of this, it may be no surprise if it goes into production as well.

The Indian Scenario Now

For quite sometime, we have been searching for accessories for the Beat, but not many stocked these. Niether the dealers nor the aftermarket guys, as the car is fairly new.

However, I was extremely delighted to find a new Brouchure at one of the Chevy Dealers I visited this week and found a dedicated brouchure containing accessories exclusively for the Beat.

It included door guards, full body kit, reverese sensors, sill plates, custom seat covers and a host of accessories. The dealership even offered a an edition of the car customized by them, called the Kropex Edition Beat, which came in Black, with a full body kit comprising of bigger spoiler, side skirts, front and rear lips.

The kit price, as mentioned by them, including painting would cost INR 27,000.

Will upload pics of the brouchure I took, later in the day today

For now, the next post will have pics of the Beat in its various avatars
Old 8th December 2010, 12:07   #2
Senior - BHPian

The Pics

The Original Concept Version

Chevy Fans: New Chevy Beat Z-Spec Concept and latest accessories-1.jpg

Chevy Fans: New Chevy Beat Z-Spec Concept and latest accessories-2.jpg

Beat, Along with the Trax and Groove Concept
Chevy Fans: New Chevy Beat Z-Spec Concept and latest accessories-3.jpg

Chevy Fans: New Chevy Beat Z-Spec Concept and latest accessories-4.jpg

Transformers 2 - Skids
Chevy Fans: New Chevy Beat Z-Spec Concept and latest accessories-5.jpg

Transformers 3 - Mudflap
Chevy Fans: New Chevy Beat Z-Spec Concept and latest accessories-6.jpg

Barina Spark
Chevy Fans: New Chevy Beat Z-Spec Concept and latest accessories-7.jpg

Chevy Fans: New Chevy Beat Z-Spec Concept and latest accessories-8.jpg

The New Z-Spec Concept

Chevy Fans: New Chevy Beat Z-Spec Concept and latest accessories-9.jpg

Chevy Fans: New Chevy Beat Z-Spec Concept and latest accessories-10.jpg

Chevy Fans: New Chevy Beat Z-Spec Concept and latest accessories-11.jpg
Old 8th December 2010, 12:15   #3
Team-BHP Support

Re: Chevy Fans: New Chevy Beat Z-Spec Concept and latest accessories

Quote:
Originally Posted by thedreamcatcher View Post
However, I was extremely delighted to find a new Brouchure at one of the Chevy Dealers I visited this week and found a dedicated brouchure containing accessories exclusively for the Beat.

It included door guards, full body kit, reverese sensors, sill plates, custom seat covers and a host of accessories. The dealership even offered a an edition of the car customized by them, called the Kropex Edition Beat, which came in Black, with a full body kit comprising of bigger spoiler, side skirts, front and rear lips.

The kit price, as mentioned by them, including painting would cost INR 27,000.
That sounds interesting, and reasonably priced! Waiting for the pics!

27k is for the full body kit, right?
Old 8th December 2010, 12:32   #4
Senior - BHPian

@Crazy Driver - 27k is for the following. Front Bumper lip, side skirts, rear bumper lip. It also had a chrome tip exhaust, an additional spoiler, but am not sure if those were included. It includes cost of painting as well.

Forgot to add another point. The spoiler being sold as an accessory at Kropex, is similar to the one seen on the Z-Spec Beat. Spoiler on top of the existing spoiler

Last edited by thedreamcatcher : 8th December 2010 at 12:45. Reason: Forgot to add a point
Old 8th December 2010, 22:57   #5
Senior - BHPian

Accessory Brochure

As promised, here are the pics of the brochure I got from the dealership. I am quite happy with the body kit and the door side beading.

Chevy Fans: New Chevy Beat Z-Spec Concept and latest accessories-_dsc3355_1024x685.jpg

Chevy Fans: New Chevy Beat Z-Spec Concept and latest accessories-_dsc3357_1024x685.jpg

Chevy Fans: New Chevy Beat Z-Spec Concept and latest accessories-_dsc3359_1024x685.jpg

Chevy Fans: New Chevy Beat Z-Spec Concept and latest accessories-_dsc3360_1024x685.jpg

Chevy Fans: New Chevy Beat Z-Spec Concept and latest accessories-_dsc3361_1024x685.jpg

Chevy Fans: New Chevy Beat Z-Spec Concept and latest accessories-_dsc3362_1024x685.jpg

Chevy Fans: New Chevy Beat Z-Spec Concept and latest accessories-_dsc3363_1024x685.jpg

Chevy Fans: New Chevy Beat Z-Spec Concept and latest accessories-_dsc3364_1024x685.jpg

Chevy Fans: New Chevy Beat Z-Spec Concept and latest accessories-_dsc3365_1024x685.jpg
thedreamcatcher is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 9th December 2010, 11:45   #6
BHPian

@thedreamcatcher, can you post pics of your car please?

Eager to see how the end results look like.
Old 9th December 2010, 17:53   #7
BHPian

@thedreamcatcher, this brochure was available since the CPCOO was launched. But very few options were available that time. How about the sunroof? Is it possible now?
Old 9th December 2010, 21:31   #8
Senior - BHPian

@KA18, have not installed any of these on my car as yet. But have kept it in mind. Initially, am planning on some custom body decals. Once that is done, I will go in for the kit

@sajit. All these are available now at the showroom
Old 23rd December 2010, 15:13   #9
BHPian

went to Chevrolet showroom today in Hyderabad about buying a Beat. I mentioned about accessories mentioned here and the brochure. they didn't have a clue lol. the

orange version looks gaudy on the outside however the interiors look awesome imo.

Old 23rd December 2010, 15:44   #10
BHPian

The car looks snazzy with those sexy wheels from BBS.But GM india must also add some better looking alloys as the current OE alloys look as that of previous generation.Interiorsa are great even without those orange hi lights
SHK
Old 23rd December 2010, 20:44   #11
Senior - BHPian

What I also like about the orange Beat is that the gear knob has been chaanged. Not sure how to get int done on the car, as it seems to be blocked in place
Old 27th February 2011, 11:25   #12
BHPian

I have been lately searching at both dealerships and accessories shops for some cosmetic goodies for my beat, and i have to say i have been hugely disappointed with the inflated rates at the dealerships as well as non-availability of after-market accessories. As i have the base model I intended to get the following done and my experience with the same has been:

1. Front grill Chrome lining : Quote from GM dealer Rs.3,500 plus around Rs.500 towards labor charges. Not available at any accessory shops.

2. Rear spoiler(OEM or look alike) : GM dealer quotes Rs.13,500, not available outside.

3. Illuminated Door Sill Plates : GM dealer quotes Rs.2,500 for non-illuminated plates. Illuminated plates available outside for the same price but the accessory shop owner warns that it will void electrical warranty.

4. Fog Lights: GM Dealer quotes Rs.8,500 for a pair. Nothing from the big boys(Hella/Bosch) available outside. Cheap ones available for Rs.600.

5. Misc Chrome fittings: Was looking for OSRVM Covers, internal door handle/lock covers, etc. Nothing available outside. Dealer, as usual, quoting obnoxious prices

6. Rear headrests : This one, i actually doubt whether i can manage to get my hands on. Read a thread on T-Bhp about retrofitting rear headrests in a A-Star, might have to go the same way.

7. Carbon-fibre(lookalike) dashboard trim: Don't bash me for this, but I've seen few Swifts and Indicas sporting these and i fancy them. No luck with that yet, though wooden(lookalike) finish trim available, but looks horrible.

8. I would also like to know if i can get some leather trims done on the door-pad, specially on the door-armrests. Is that feasible?

Any help regarding the above would be much appreciated.
Old 27th February 2011, 22:12   #13
BHPian

@mi2n
You are right. It is very difficult to get model specific accessories for Beat.
Some Korean websites list lot of accessories specific to Beat. I am not sure if they are genuine or not.
Just check-out this:
SupeRich Motors | Car Accessories | SUV Accessories | Truck Accessories
Old 27th February 2011, 23:24   #14
Senior - BHPian

At present no one has accessories for the Beat, and as you guys rightly put, they cost an unnecessary bomb. As for accessories, I am desperately looking out for side door beading and am having no luck with it at all. The Chevy accessory brochure shows some very thin body colored beadings, but they are not available at the dealerships. And even if they were they are so thin, I may not buy it. (Refer attachments above)

The only option at this stage I have is to probably buy the Ritz beading for 1200 from a Maruti dealer. I find it to be almost similar in size
Old 31st August 2011, 20:02   #15
BHPian

latest accessories prices!!

what are the latest prices of the Beat accessories ??

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks