Team-BHP > Modifications & Accessories
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 20th December 2005, 18:15   #1
Senior - BHPian

Injector Cleaning Fluid

Hi All,

I have a maruti esteem MPFI which used to give me an average FE of 12 kmpl in city... After i got a K&N filter (OE Replacement type) the mileage increased by about a km or two.

Just before the service was due the mileage was around 10-11kmpl in city. Also i was trying out new fuels like Xtrapremium, etc... But all this on empty to full only... Never mixed fuels of different ocatne levels. On the highway though i got 15 kmpl....

Now my car went for a service around a month back and even though my driving has been calm and peaceful the mileage in city traffic doesn't seem to be more than 12 kmpl...... What seems to be the problem?

There is no knocking... the car is very smooth.... Acceleration and pcik up is quick... Do i need to use any injector cleaning fluid as one of my friends said that the injectors may not have been cleaned while serviced....which is why the mileage is bad... His esteem though run only 3500 kms gives him 15-16kmpl in city...

Please do let me know....

P.S. All mileage figures are with the AC on....

P.S. Dear Mod's please move this thread to an appropriate location if i have posted incorrectly.

Waitin for all ur expert comments guys. reply soon.
Old 20th December 2005, 19:20   #2
Senior - BHPian

new generation fuels like xtra [premium ,speed adn power have additives which claim to clean the fuel system as well as the injectors...but yeah poor quality fuel does clog the minute injectors with time...as it is injector cleaning at MASS is cheaper now ...its just 400rs for cleaning teh 4 injectors...so u can do it every 10-15k kms...i do it every 7 k kms...

abt u getting ppor Fe...check if ur air filters are clogged ,check the plugs ,tire pressure ,brakes....doa search ..u will find many threads on this....

still ...it wont hurt to clean your injectors ocassionally
Old 20th December 2005, 21:09   #3
BHPian

First of all, premioum fuels should give you better mileage, not less. How many km has your car done? make sure you have done all the appropriate service for that much running.
Improved mileage will come from engine in good tune, tyres inflated to correct pressure, and good driving habits.
Check if the brakes are binding, sometimes the rear brakes on Marutis may not disengage fully, jack up the car and rotate the wheel to see if it turns freely
Old 21st December 2005, 01:56   #4
Senior - BHPian

my car was serviced a month back.... just 19300 kms on the ODO.... runs very smoothly... brakes are no problems.... all seems fine.... tires, battery etc are all checked every 15 days.... let me get the injector cleaning fluid and analyse....

i might need to talk to the service guy though... i get the servicing done at lotus motors (sheshadripuram, blore).... seems to do a good job....

guess i hav to wait n watch but please keep those views pouring in guys...

thanks a mil........
Old 19th March 2006, 00:33   #5
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by speedsatya
.as it is injector cleaning at MASS is cheaper now ...its just 400rs for cleaning teh 4 injectors...so u can do it every 10-15k kms...i do it every 7 k kms...
I called up a Maruti workshop in bombay they said taht for carbon cleaning & injector cleaning the cost was 2,500. Where are they charging 400??
Old 19th March 2006, 10:53   #6
aZa
Senior - BHPian

De-Carbon treatment is always expensive maybe just the injector cleaning is 400Rs.
Old 20th March 2006, 15:00   #7
BHPian

if i am not wrong i thought Injector Cleaning is only for diesel cars...
Old 20th March 2006, 16:00   #8
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by zulfikar
if i am not wrong i thought Injector Cleaning is only for diesel cars...
No, gumming happens with petrol also.

n_aditya, you can use IFTEX-G (you'll get it in most of the Indianoil bunks). Cost around 250/- odd, if I'm not wrong. It's a petrol additive and also cleans injectors in the process.
Old 20th March 2006, 16:03   #9
BANNED

Does it make sense to use Iftex if you use Xtrapremium?
Old 20th March 2006, 16:10   #10
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rudra Sen
No, gumming happens with petrol also.

n_aditya, you can use IFTEX-G (you'll get it in most of the Indianoil bunks). Cost around 250/- odd, if I'm not wrong. It's a petrol additive and also cleans injectors in the process.
Thanks Rudra Sir.... i have used an imported brand but the difference I felt was probably psychological... and the brand clearly states usage once every 5000 kms only and that too on a full tank of gas....

can u please let me know how frequently I can use IFTEX-G? I normally fill my tank from almost empty only....

P.S. I use regular unleaded fuel only from Pure for Sure BP bunks.... any comments on the fuel quality?
Old 20th March 2006, 16:26   #11
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by n_aditya

can u please let me know how frequently I can use IFTEX-G? I normally fill my tank from almost empty only....
IFTEX-G is the trade name of BP what they call as "System G" which comes as a standard mix in all high octane petrols(Speed, Xtra Premium and Power). "System G" is being used as an additive to the normal petrol but i dont think anybody uses with high octane. Pls correct me if i am wrong.

Better is to get your vehicle checked by a good mechanic...
Old 20th March 2006, 16:33   #12
Team-BHP Support

In your case you can use everytime as you fill petrol. Especially when you're using regular unleaded.

There is marked (read scaled) collection chamber on top of the bottle. You squeeze the bottle and it comes up. You need to add IFTEX according to your petrol filling. It's there behind the bottle's back label.

Try this out. It's good. GM (India) recommends it highly.
Old 20th March 2006, 16:40   #13
Senior - BHPian

thanks rudra sir... that was a quick reply....

Note from Support: Please continue on this thread. Thanks

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/techni...es-thread.html

Last edited by Eddy : 3rd August 2016 at 15:46.
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks