Team-BHP > Modifications & Accessories
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 27th January 2009, 17:02   #31
BHPian

Got my engine :)

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTO View Post
Why don't you source from closer home? Check this thread (Engine Graveyard - Where old engines go to die..) out for more information.
Hi GTO, thanks for the linky - made very interesting reading

In the end, I ended up sourcing my engine from a place even closer - I bought an M16A that was on sale here in the team-bhp marketplace
Old 27th January 2009, 17:42   #32
Senior - BHPian

the M16A ! congrats.
I hope you did your research while buying the engine. It has an electronic throttle control which is a pain to setup. The swap is not as easy as the other Suzi swaps.
The wiring and ecm are vital for this engine esp.
Which car you plonking it in??
Old 27th January 2009, 18:06   #33
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by iceman91 View Post
I hope you did your research while buying the engine. It has an electronic throttle control which is a pain to setup. The swap is not as easy as the other Suzi swaps.
Oops !
Quote:
The wiring and ecm are vital for this engine esp.
Yes, the engine comes with the ECM & all wiring.
Quote:
Which car you plonking it in??
My Alto only Honestly though, have been advised against it by both Krupesh & Viper (I really don't want to get a Swift, I think it's too heavy & most of the 125 BHP would be spent moving all that bulk). Planning to take this real slow & get the engine into my Alto itself - will consider a Swift only if the Alto install fails...
Old 27th January 2009, 18:15   #34
BHPian

G13B & Carbs

Saw this thread again so thought I should post something about my experience..
Okay it's + 1yr since i plonked the G13b engine about 8K kms now,
Here's my story so far;
Intially was running a single carb, Single carb is useless doesn't work well with g13b, the mixture is insuffecient for the 16v g13b, especially the esteem mikuni carb stock config. Hence went in for a Quad Yamaha R1 Carb with custom inlet manifold. The performance of the car was great initially but the problem was the manifold-carb connecting rubbers, they have to be Yamaha R1 OEM/high temperature resistant hosing, else others just loose shape or break and you end up leaking the air fuel mixture. Later I ran into another issue, that the engine compression had come down drastically and piston was shaking if you try to shake, there was some noticable play, and a lot of carbon had deposited on the piston, rings etc. May be the car was running rich! R1 carbs have to have 2-3psi FP!! anway i had to overhaul the engine. Since the Quad carb is such a niche thing I feel i need to really learn/find a expert on it! Now I came back to twin carbs and the carbs are working great, it's even great that I can install AC because there's vaccum advance in our good old Esteem UCAL/mikuni carb!
R1 carbs dont offer that. I want to install and run the same quad carbs, but the thing is i need some who knows how to setup this.
I didn't want to go MPFI because i had spend a lot....moreover my car was carb esteem.

So to all, dont expect the car to be fast & reliable, it would defintely be fast but to make it reliable u need to sweat it out!! And not all tuners in bangalore are experienced they are also on the learning curve! atleast with whom i worked!
Enjoy your engine transplantation!

Last edited by bruce : 27th January 2009 at 18:19.
Old 27th January 2009, 18:36   #35
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by im_srini View Post
My Alto only ..
:-) A lot of mods have to happen in the brakes front mate! to improve the handling etc, that would one crazy alto i must say!!
Old 27th January 2009, 18:47   #36
BANNED

Hi,

Forget the brakes buddy he will have to alter chasis, suspension ,axles as well that is if he manages to fit the same in the engine bay.

@Srini - Buddy you are better of installing in a Baleno, Zen or Esteem as advised earlier.

Viper
Old 27th January 2009, 20:49   #37
Senior - BHPian

well lets not discourage him.. Srini as long as you have patience and vitamin M in abundance it is all good. But viper and krupesh have made valid points.
Yet respect you for trying this crazee build out

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks