Team-BHP > Modifications & Accessories

Search this Thread
Old 12th August 2008, 20:26   #2011
BHPian

HI...
I have a zen02,i upgraded my stock bulbs to NARVA 100/90.....
Low beams are very sad and uninspiring,but the high beams can like make u feel your driving in daytime.Two days back the right side low beam went kaput,so thats made my car one eyed jack at the moment.

I would like to get something better,i remember paying 650 for narva,are phillips rally bulbs so cheap and reliable, i mean i do a lot of night driving something 5to6hrs flat,so for me it has to be something that wont let me down.
I also felt that illumination of white bulbs is way too poor comapred to yellow ones,imean the narva had blue coating and i can barely see in the rains...why??

I have two options.1)put in phillips rally 100/90 or 130/100 which do i opt for?

2)put the normal rating 60/55,make a clamp and buy two after market lights and mount them on the bumper,so that gives me 65x4.

kindly suggest.
Old 13th August 2008, 09:39   #2012
Team-BHP Support

Narva's are not really among the best, and this will be true with all blue coated bulbs.
So if you can source genuine philips, go for them
Old 13th August 2008, 11:54   #2013
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rahulk76 View Post
Umm not sure if this the correct thread to ask this simple question,but I want to know how to adjust the headlamps of maruti alto lxi.They seem to be pointing way below after changing from OEM halonix to GE megalight plus
~rahul
Take the car to your Maruti dealer service workshop,they will just reallign the headlights.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dibbasu View Post
Hi,
I am using Philips Crystal Vision in my Skoda Octavia. Want to upgrade the lighing because it is very poor. Can you please suggest some good alternatives. I think lights dimming because of poor battery power. My battery is 3 years old. Experts advice please.
Thanks
Dibs
You can try different bulbs from Philips Rally stable,Narva etc.But please do check your battery first.It may turn out to be the culprit.And check the alternator too.

Quote:
Originally Posted by scorpian View Post
HI...
I have a zen02,i upgraded my stock bulbs to NARVA 100/90.....
I have two options.1)put in phillips rally 100/90 or 130/100 which do i opt for?
2)put the normal rating 60/55,make a clamp and buy two after market lights and mount them on the bumper,so that gives me 65x4.

kindly suggest.
Basically which particular bulb to go for is your call mate,members here are happy with various options.Higher wattage bulbs would need appropriate wiring harness,relay and bakelite holders.The clamp and fitting extra lights is also very much possible but thats no substitute for a decent pair of headlights,IMO.
Old 13th August 2008, 15:31   #2014
BHPian

All weather halogen for Pulsar 150 DTSi

Hi all

I need the info regarding all-weather halogen for Pulsar 150 DTSi.
What I have currently is the factory fitted halogen bulb.
Currently I my riding is on the highway, rain makes the existing bulb useless.
I would like to know the brands, prices and where can I get them in Pune
Thank You
Old 15th August 2008, 20:17   #2015
Senior - BHPian

Can anybody confirm what is the type of headlamp bulb for SX4, is it H4?

I want to buy some good bulbs for my SX4 from Tokyo. I went to big store Autobacs which has large stock of very good quality bulbs.

Please help me know the exact specification of bulbs as I do not have the manual with me.

There are following known brands in the store, Bosch, Phillips, and few others.

on some bulb it says,

H4, 50/60W --> 90/100W. on the bulb its 50/60W. Does that mean its 50/60W bulb which gives the light of 90/100.
Old 16th August 2008, 21:50   #2016
BHPian

I am planning to install Hella 450 series on the front bumper of my WagonR. I got a price of 1350/pair, looked genuine with original packaging, cap, installation guide, etc. Is this a good price ?

Also will these need a relay or will it run safely directly from battery ?
Old 17th August 2008, 10:24   #2017
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rkbharat View Post
Can anybody confirm what is the type of headlamp bulb for SX4, is it H4?

I want to buy some good bulbs for my SX4 from Tokyo. I went to big store Autobacs which has large stock of very good quality bulbs.

Please help me know the exact specification of bulbs as I do not have the manual with me.

There are following known brands in the store, Bosch, Phillips, and few others.

on some bulb it says,

H4, 50/60W --> 90/100W. on the bulb its 50/60W. Does that mean its 50/60W bulb which gives the light of 90/100.
SX4 headlight is of type H4, front fog light is of type H8.
Old 18th August 2008, 07:31   #2018
BHPian

Has any one replaced the VDI's fog lamps with projectors. I could think of projectors from Plusar 220 fitting in that slot, has any one done it yet.
Old 18th August 2008, 14:27   #2019
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shakensoul View Post
I am planning to install Hella 450 series on the front bumper of my WagonR.
Can the experts throw some light on this please?
Old 18th August 2008, 17:26   #2020
Senior - BHPian

4300 Hid

Running these currently in the Swift and quite happy with it after my last highway trip. Im yet to fine tune the focussing.

The single pic is of the fogs only. Iv done some focussing but not sure if its optimal just as yet.
Attached Thumbnails
Auto Lighting thread : Post all queries about automobile lighting here-4300-test.jpg  

Auto Lighting thread : Post all queries about automobile lighting here-fogs.jpg  

Old 18th August 2008, 17:49   #2021
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shakensoul View Post
I am planning to install Hella 450 series on the front bumper of my WagonR. I got a price of 1350/pair, looked genuine with original packaging, cap, installation guide, etc. Is this a good price ?

I've got a pair of Hella 550's on my Wagon R. You need not use a relay if you use good guage wiring and a switch that can take the load. A relay basically is a remote switch, so that your dashboard switch does not heat up.

For 55W lamps like the 550s it's not necessary to use a relay, but I've put it in in any case, along with a fuse - just to be safe. The Hella package usually comes with a 20A relay as well included.

Cheers,
Old 18th August 2008, 19:12   #2022
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roshun View Post
I've got a pair of Hella 550's on my Wagon R. You need not use a relay if you use good guage wiring and a switch that can take the load. A relay basically is a remote switch, so that your dashboard switch does not heat up.

For 55W lamps like the 550s it's not necessary to use a relay, but I've put it in in any case, along with a fuse - just to be safe. The Hella package usually comes with a 20A relay as well included.

Cheers,
Thanks for the info. If possible please post a picture of how you've mounted the lights.

The Hella 450 lights that I checked, it was in two individual packages with individual mounting screws and bolts, don't remember seeing any relay along with it. Anyways I'll be using a aftermarket relay for them.
Old 18th August 2008, 19:22   #2023
Senior - BHPian

souljah, shouldnt the lights be angled more to the left ? from what i see , the pattern looks like

_/_/

when it should be like
\_\_

not a matter of concern for you, but the for the people coming your way
Old 18th August 2008, 20:34   #2024
BHPian

I spent a lot on time reading this thread. Finally upgraded my accent headlamps to 90/100 phillips. The effect is fantastic and visibility is excellent even in the rain. Hope I dont get caught with the cops in bangy!
Old 18th August 2008, 20:50   #2025
BHPian

Osram Nightbreaker - Fiat Petra

After spending considerable amount of time on upgrading headlights on my Petra,finally took the plunge and purchased Osram Nightbreakers.They cost me around 3k for a pair of H1 and H7.H1 cost was around Rs1600 and H7 was Rs1300.Purchased them at Sumcombine in Coimbatore.Yet to get them installed.Will do the install and provide the feedback.Hope they do justification to the high price they demand.
I was thinking about switching to Philips rally range.But couldnt scout for the Roots wiring harness for Petra.I was told the wiring harness came only for H4 series.Not sure about this information.So didnt want to take any chance and stayed within the specification.

Most Viewed