Team-BHP > Modifications & Accessories

Search this Thread
Old 22nd October 2008, 19:41   #2236
BHPian

sai i believe you can upgrade to 60/55w bulbs without installing any relay.

and you right blue light in not effective in the "train"

visibility is restricted during rains with blue tinted bulbs. i would suggest go for white light. philips xtreme power and osram nightbreaker are good options.
Old 22nd October 2008, 20:28   #2237
BHPian

Sai - Blue Lights arent the best in the train, rain or the fog. White Vdi is right 60/55w bulbs dont need a relay but they arent really an upgrade.

Philips or Osram bulbs are good. You would need a relay and a switch. Any good electrician should be able to do the work for you. To be honest for normal everyday use the top of the range Philips or Osram wouldnt be much different. Please dont fit mechanical relays. You get some really good electronic ones. They are alot more efficient.

Foglights - I am a fan of Hella's. You can get the Hella 500's which should be good for what you need. You can get rectangular or round ones. Also there are more expensive ones.

What about HID conversions? Like the one Anant has done. They are pricey but really good.
Old 22nd October 2008, 20:39   #2238
Senior - BHPian

Sai,

As White_Vdi has mentioned, the stock lights are 60/55W.

I guess what the accessory dealer was trying to sell was the right deal, at least with respect to the requirement.

I have Philips 100/90W bulbs on my Alto LXi and have been having it for the last 3+ years. Fits the requirement perfectly - good to get the other vehicles to dim down and good visibility also.

The bulbs (sold in single units) will cost around 130~150Rs per piece and the relay (Bosch or PMP). You do need the relay to take care of the extra current requirement.

The cost of all these equipments and labor should never be more than 1000Rs (max.) If the price qouted is right, go for it!
Old 22nd October 2008, 20:39   #2239
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by adi99 View Post
Thank you! This is what I wanted to know. Actually I had Philips diamond vision on my zen which I had to remove because Bangalore cops had problem with it! I still have it at home and now using Philips Rally for zen. I plan to buy a 4300K HID for my swift but do not want cops to call it "Fancy light" and fine me. Since you have one, just wanted to confirm
Hi adi99

I've been using 4300K hids in my car as well as all the cars in our family for more than 2 years now.

I have not had any cop trouble since then. The light looks very bright but has a slight yellow tinge, so shouldn't attract any trouble.

The swifts reflector is very efficient and puts out a nice cut out.
I hear that original phillips HID kit is available in the market for 9k these days and is available in 4300K.
Old 22nd October 2008, 23:18   #2240
BHPian

I want to change a blown reversing light bulb in my Indica. How do i open it up ?

Someone please help.
Old 22nd October 2008, 23:30   #2241
BHPian

Fiat Palio Stile Multijet

hi,,

I've noticed that the headlights on my new Palio dont throw very far when dipped. I also notice that the light beam goes slightly further on the left than on the right. Is this normal??

The headlights look pretty OK when on high beam.
Old 23rd October 2008, 00:03   #2242
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by harsh87 View Post
I've been using 4300K hids in my car as well as all the cars in our family for more than 2 years now.

I have not had any cop trouble since then. The light looks very bright but has a slight yellow tinge, so shouldn't attract any trouble.

True!

Compare a Swift running HID's vs a Santro with 100/90 halogens and you will surprised and which one is more 'intense'. I can say this because we have both Somehow the Santro reflectors give SUPER output.
Old 23rd October 2008, 00:05   #2243
Senior - BHPian

Yup, the Santro has one hell of a headlight design! My OHC's relay equipped 100/90 shazam is absolutely no bloody match for the Santro's stock setup! It's simply fantastic!

Last edited by iraghava : 23rd October 2008 at 00:07.
Old 23rd October 2008, 01:02   #2244
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by harsh87 View Post
Hi adi99

I hear that original phillips HID kit is available in the market for 9k these days and is available in 4300K.
Thank you, harsh97! Which brand are you using? Did you buy it in India or imported it?

Quote:
Originally Posted by s0uljah View Post
True!

Compare a Swift running HID's vs a Santro with 100/90 halogens and you will surprised and which one is more 'intense'. I can say this because we have both Somehow the Santro reflectors give SUPER output.
s0uljah, I see you have HID with projector headlamps. How is it compared to a HID on OE relector setup?

I need to ask you this - Any problems with the cops in Bangy???
Old 23rd October 2008, 09:07   #2245
Senior - BHPian

Projector headlamps were replaced.

Now im using 4300k in the OE headlamps. No problems with cops at all since its mostly yellow. Im on low beam always and have proper focussing. Once I got stopped for my number (which is absolutely simple and straightforward, but a smaller one up front. Still they didnt object to the lights.

When the cops wake up they are usually after 'blue' lights. Regardless of xenon or halogen. If they REALLY wake up then they will catch you for white light, 100/90 etc.

The 100/90 in the santro is so great honestly. I had 130/100 earlier but thats because the front screen had a light tint on it.
Old 23rd October 2008, 12:36   #2246
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by great_guns View Post
hi,,

I've noticed that the headlights on my new Palio dont throw very far when dipped. I also notice that the light beam goes slightly further on the left than on the right. Is this normal??

The headlights look pretty OK when on high beam.
Greatguns - THe lights fall to the left, so that you dont blind on coming drivers. If you think the light falls too low then you can adjust them. There should be adjusting screws to the top and sid eof the headlamo unit. Find a nice, dark, straight road and adjust them to when you like.
Old 23rd October 2008, 12:55   #2247
Team-BHP Support

I am thinking about putting HID(H3 I think) in the fog lamp housing of Safari. I should get a unit for around 4K.
My only worry is river fording. Intend to do that quite a bit, and this means a bust expensive HID.
So I am wondering, how about auxilary fog lamps with HID (H3 single, no high low business) to use as and when required.
Has anybody any idea about availability of such kits? How much is the cost.
I think the reflectors should be around 600rs or so, and another 3500 odd for the HID kit.
Old 23rd October 2008, 13:08   #2248
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Samir Taheer View Post
Mods - is it ok to put prices?

I have some UK prices, but i dont know if that applies to whats going on in India. They are readily available here.

Anant - You were actually right. You can get H4 Bi-Xenon conversions. But if you say your bulbs move to adjust the high and low beam then its a standard HID conversion.

And yeah the Philips Crystal Vision bulbs are really good.

Yup, mine is a Hi/Lo dual beam conversion.
Name:  BiXenon.gif
Views: 7051
Size:  45.5 KB

You also dual xenon (HID) kits, where there are bulbs/filaments high beam and low beam. Picture attached since I'm sure I havent been able to explain it properly.
Name:  4899_1.JPG
Views: 1216
Size:  8.6 KB

IMHO, the Crystal Vision were good since I had stock before that. These HIDs make the Crystal Vision look pathetic. But out of personal experience, I found them to really bad on rainy/wet days.
Old 23rd October 2008, 14:55   #2249
BHPian

@Samir, White_vdi, happywheels

Thanks a lot guys for your valuable inputs. Taking into account what you guys have said, I think a 100/90W pair of bulbs with an electrical relay should be good enough. Will inquire in the market for these.

Any brands that I should be looking out for? and if possible any suggestion on shops/people in chennai?

thanks again!
Old 23rd October 2008, 15:20   #2250
BHPian

Sai - DOnt know about shops, but one of the best electronic relays i have come across are the Hella ones.

Hope you find what you want and are happy with it.

Most Viewed