Team-BHP > Modifications & Accessories

Search this Thread
Old 18th November 2008, 19:13   #2416
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mkayushjain View Post
Hello, I wanted Hella fog lamps (white light). My budget is between 4000 to 6000. Which one is the best? Rally type. And where in Bangalore will i get a good deal.
Hella 500 or 550.
They will probably fit into your budget.
Old 18th November 2008, 20:27   #2417
BHPian

Can somebody tell as to where i could pick up fog lamps ( hella 4000) in bangalore .
What is the estimated price . This is for my baleno .
Old 18th November 2008, 20:41   #2418
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaynmantis View Post
Hello! I need some help with wiring my headlights. Im no electrical expert so will appreciate if someone could explain in a simple manner how I will be able to achieve my objective like...e.g. Blue wire goes to 87, black wire goes to 86 etc. Please see the image below, it pretty much explain what I want to achieve.

The left-side diagram is my current setup. The right-side diagram is what I want to achieve. I heard people has done this using relay (4 or 5 pin relay). I bought two 5 pin relay for this purpose. One for each side. The problem is, I have no idea which wire goes where.
I made a curcuit below for you, you will need to buy relay seperately, make sure these relays are from any good make, perfectly sealed (oil filled is plus point). Suggested rating in the circuit is good for 100/130W rally bulbs and lower but not highter than 100/130w Most of the explanation is given in diagram itself, if you don't understand anything there then do ask

Auto Lighting thread : Post all queries about automobile lighting here-circuit.jpg
Old 19th November 2008, 16:58   #2419
BHPian

You're the man Hashim cheers:. I modded my ikon headlight so wanted to rewire them to my specific need. Check out my little project here
http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/modifi...d-my-ikon.html

Last edited by kaynmantis : 19th November 2008 at 16:59.
Old 19th November 2008, 19:19   #2420
BHPian

Hello Everyone --

I need a pair of headlamps urgently for best vision on our roads-- The ones that came with the car are not satisfactory

Which one is better : Philips or Osram? I'd like 100W (or more) models as the wiring for these bulbs are already there in the car [previous owner installed them]. I want no compromise blubs which offer best vision -- price / wattage are not an issue as my father is very particular about best vision at night

Can you please provide me the model numbers of headlamps? Will H7 lamps Suit my OHC? Also, should the reflectors be cleaned?

Also please provide me with contact numbers of dealers who have philips and osram bulbs -- I am from Eranakulam, Kerala

I heard that Philips Rallye / X-Treme Power are best suited for our roads -- will H7 bulbs fit into my honda city?
Old 19th November 2008, 20:59   #2421
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by anantnehru View Post
Well test them in the sense put them on at night, no real fog as such these days.
Honestly speaking they arent that great, but not passing any real judgement as of now because maybe in fog they will be better. You're right, the light seems to die before a reaching decent length away from the car. Wondering if I change it to clear glass whether they will serve a better purpose. But dont know if you get glass sets for Hella separately.
OT, I feel quite stupid as the other day I was going through a cupboard and found a set of the same Hella 450s neatly packed in the same box. Must've been from one of the earlier cars we had. Probably taken off, put away for storage and COMPLETELY forgotten about.
Have you thought about upgrading the bulbs to 100W ?
Old 19th November 2008, 22:01   #2422
BHPian

Need Help on HID

Hi,

I just installed a BOSCH HID kit +xenon (H4) for my Octavia - its is a OE kit for Merc sourced from Dubai. After installation I seem to have the following problems.
  • Sometimes only the left beam glows, sometimes neither one glows, sometimes all glow - this happens at random
  • Also, one of the bulbs is a little (marginal) yellowish compared to the other that is pure white - is this normal?
Can someone help out with these queries?

Thanks,
-P.
Old 19th November 2008, 22:17   #2423
Team-BHP Support

octavia2. i doubt it could be oe merc since i dont think any merc uses h4.
Old 19th November 2008, 22:20   #2424
BHPian

It has the Merc symbol on the kit. The bulbs are H4. Any idea on the problem?
Old 19th November 2008, 23:47   #2425
BHPian

I want to upgrade my lighting with relay + Philips 100/90.

What are the different types of the relays available?
I heard Bosch relay's are the best. Where is the Bosch Car Care in Pune(Please include landmarks)?
Where can I get Bosch relay's with in Pune, excluding Bosch Car Care?
What would be cost for the relay's?
What would be cost for the bulbs - Philips 100/90 ?

Thanks
Old 20th November 2008, 14:05   #2426
Senior - BHPian

I think i've quoted to this one before and I still vote for what I said earlier. Philips Essential vision 130/100w with a Bosch/PMP relay and wiring. These are the best and brightest bulbs I've come across specially meant for highway driving. I had Crystalvision's on my ride and they we're not too great for night driving. But after the switch, the difference is like between night and day. OHC uses H4 bulbs. Make sure you're reflectors are clean and insist on genuine Philips bulbs for maximum life.

You can always go in for a 100/90w Philips Racing H4 if you're skeptical on using higher wattage bulbs (which could possibly damage the casing in the longer run).

Quote:
Originally Posted by Games Goblin View Post
Hello Everyone --

I need a pair of headlamps urgently for best vision on our roads-- The ones that came with the car are not satisfactory

Which one is better : Philips or Osram? I'd like 100W (or more) models as the wiring for these bulbs are already there in the car [previous owner installed them]. I want no compromise blubs which offer best vision -- price / wattage are not an issue as my father is very particular about best vision at night

Can you please provide me the model numbers of headlamps? Will H7 lamps Suit my OHC? Also, should the reflectors be cleaned?

Also please provide me with contact numbers of dealers who have philips and osram bulbs -- I am from Eranakulam, Kerala

I heard that Philips Rallye / X-Treme Power are best suited for our roads -- will H7 bulbs fit into my honda city?
Old 20th November 2008, 22:29   #2427
BHPian

Thanks djdryeyes. What is your response on my first question? can I take a chance by just upgrading the headlamps and move onto my trip to the foggy hills?
Old 21st November 2008, 12:07   #2428
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Octavia2 View Post
Hi,

I just installed a BOSCH HID kit +xenon (H4) for my Octavia - its is a OE kit for Merc sourced from Dubai. After installation I seem to have the following problems.
  • Sometimes only the left beam glows, sometimes neither one glows, sometimes all glow - this happens at random
  • Also, one of the bulbs is a little (marginal) yellowish compared to the other that is pure white - is this normal?
Can someone help out with these queries?

Thanks,
-P.

I also had similar kind of problem but i fixed it when i change the fuse for the headlight to a 20A. If you use the fuse less than 20A,it tends to be out when the light turns on.
Old 21st November 2008, 17:03   #2429
BHPian

Hello Swifty20008,

A month back I put Philips Essential vision 100/90w + Bosch relay on my Getz. Brilliant Road coverage & brightness.
I got the relay fitted from Bosch Car Care on Karve Road just before Sahyadri Hospital near Garware College. Relay + fitting Rs. 750. Does a good job.
I bought the bulbs from a shop behind BP petrol pump on FC road. He is a Philips distributor. Rs 650 for pair.
Old 22nd November 2008, 01:36   #2430
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ankushmulay View Post
Hello Swifty20008,

A month back I put Philips Essential vision 100/90w + Bosch relay on my Getz. Brilliant Road coverage & brightness.
Ankush, what colour is this essential vision? Blue, white, yellow?

Most Viewed