Team-BHP > Modifications & Accessories

Search this Thread
Old 24th November 2008, 11:12   #2446
Team-BHP Support

If putting higher wattage bulbs, you need to put in a relay and wiring kit which bypasses the original wiring.
The roots kit which has bakelite holders can take upto 130W, and costs 700rs(approx). Installation should not be more than 100rs.
Old 24th November 2008, 19:20   #2447
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaynmantis View Post
Havier fuse did not work for me. My left side HID fails to turn on consistently after running engine for some time. Currently I have connected the HID to the relay (Afernarket relay for 100/90). If I set one one HID to low-beam and the other HID to high-beam, they turn on alternately. This shows HID's are OK. But when I try to make both turn on at the same time by putting both on low-beam, only one (right-side) turns on. Other time, when I turn on HID after car has been idle for lets say 24hrs, both will turn on. Its kind of confusing. Will appreciate any advice on HID wiring.
Same here buddy - no dice either!!!
Old 24th November 2008, 19:39   #2448
Senior - BHPian

Normally, HIDs do not require as much power as halogen lamps. For example, most HID systems in the world are 35w. Your average OEM halogen bulb is 55/60w. If a HID system isn't working in a wiring system that works perfectly fine with a high powered halogen system, you need to look beyond wiring.

Check your ballasts and if your HIDs have them, check your ignitors. These are usually mounted inside the engine bay. Note that newer HID systems do not have a separate ignitor. If a bulb fails to ignite during running or after some use of the vehicle, the component in question might be failing to work at higher temperatures.

A good way to isolate this problem is exchange ballasts/ignitors between lamps and see if the problem changes places.

Last edited by ImmortalZ : 24th November 2008 at 19:45.
Old 25th November 2008, 13:03   #2449
BHPian

Did anyone see an ad in autocar magazine claiming 300% more light than a conventional halogen bulb , from a 35w bulb. It appeared before some 3 or 4 months.
Old 26th November 2008, 03:10   #2450
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by swathyd View Post
Did anyone see an ad in autocar magazine claiming 300% more light than a conventional halogen bulb , from a 35w bulb. It appeared before some 3 or 4 months.
Does it say HID Xenon? I am sure thats the one
Old 26th November 2008, 04:15   #2451
abk
BHPian

LED headlamp OSTAR

Sorry guys i have not been able to follow up my first article (on incandescent car headlamp bulbs) yet with the second & concluding part - on HID

For those of you who jumped the bandwagon a bit late here's my original post: http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/modifi...tml#post990625

Meanwhile, today i found something that fancies me a lot. LED based car headlamp system undergone yet another advancement. Though some very high end cars have been fitted with LED headlamps yet it seemed distant for "normal" cars. We seem to be galloping towards LED car headlamps for all cars at affordable prices cheers:
OSRAM|News|Trade Press|LED_OptoSemiconductor|2008|111108_OSTAR_Head lamp_LED
Old 27th November 2008, 18:45   #2452
BHPian

Went to Kashmere Gate, delhi today. Siyarams doesn't stock osram anymore and New Jain spares doesn't have the nightbreakers. Couldn't find any other dealer for philips/osram.

Planning to install Philips Rally H3 100w in the Hella 450 fog lamps, will it melt the housing ? At present the hella's have 55w with relay and thick gauge wiring.
Old 1st December 2008, 15:00   #2453
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by adi99 View Post
Does it say HID Xenon? I am sure thats the one
But it says that the bulb will not be costly compared to a halogen bulb.
Old 1st December 2008, 15:05   #2454
BHPian

Advice needed: I Own a '99 model Zen. The bulbs on it are Philips 90\100 rally eye.
I want to adjust the focussing of the unit: i want to lift it up a bit more, can i do it on my own or would it be wise to take it to the garage?
I used to do it for my M800 a long time ago, but a bit sceptical to do it on the Zen. I havent tried doing it on my own ever since i we got her home from the dealer in '99.
Old 2nd December 2008, 10:18   #2455
BANNED

LED park lights in my Lancer

Hi
Here are the pics of LED parklights in my lancer
Cheers
Dilip
Attached Thumbnails
Auto Lighting thread : Post all queries about automobile lighting here-abcd0001.jpg  

Auto Lighting thread : Post all queries about automobile lighting here-abcd0002.jpg  

Old 2nd December 2008, 21:33   #2456
Senior - BHPian

HI,
I want to change the bulbs of my Indigo Lx and have no idea which will be right one to upgrade. Can anyone suggest?
Old 3rd December 2008, 10:14   #2457
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by harry10 View Post
HI,
I want to change the bulbs of my Indigo Lx and have no idea which will be right one to upgrade. Can anyone suggest?
A reliable replacement would be Philips 100/90w Rally + Bosch or PMP Relay and wiring. Its cost me 1100rs.
Old 3rd December 2008, 10:28   #2458
BHPian

I have a weird problem in my lancer .

Sometimes (once or twice in a month) when i operate the lights, the high beam comes on and in spite of turning off any button the high beam doesn't switch off. I tried flashing ,rotating the light knobs but no luck. suddenly after a few second it goes off.

Can someone point to a couple of places where i could check for a short circuit in the headlight circuit.

But the biggest problem its very rare so find it difficult to replicate.

P.S. I recently changed a relay kit to fit in 100/90 halogens however this problem was occurring before as well ,so don't suspect the relay wiring. mostly with the switch gear or in between.
Old 3rd December 2008, 10:41   #2459
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by leadf00t View Post
I have a weird problem in my lancer .

Sometimes (once or twice in a month) when i operate the lights, the high beam comes on and in spite of turning off any button the high beam doesn't switch off. I tried flashing ,rotating the light knobs but no luck. suddenly after a few second it goes off.

Can someone point to a couple of places where i could check for a short circuit in the headlight circuit.

But the biggest problem its very rare so find it difficult to replicate.

P.S. I recently changed a relay kit to fit in 100/90 halogens however this problem was occurring before as well ,so don't suspect the relay wiring. mostly with the switch gear or in between.
Check the rely in the circuit, if the spring is old it loses the tense it is suppose to create and the rely remains in on position, even if one switches the lights off.you may have to replace it.
Old 3rd December 2008, 11:16   #2460
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by dinar View Post
Check the rely in the circuit, if the spring is old it loses the tense it is suppose to create and the rely remains in on position, even if one switches the lights off.you may have to replace it.

Is this relay in the stock wiring? can you help me where it can be found?

Most Viewed