Team-BHP > Modifications & Accessories
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 3rd November 2006, 00:57   #16
BHPian

I would suggest u go for the more powerful philips rally130/100 . In my experience, this has been much better than the xenons or the blue vision in all weather conditions. would cost u max 1000Rs with the relay, wires and the labour. I have been using them for the last 8 years. in various cars- the 800, sierra, uno and now in the ikon.
Old 3rd November 2006, 01:02   #17
Senior - BHPian

hey I got the same installed @ the Maruthi Dealership who sold me the car in Bangalore.I pretty well remembr the price I paid for the install, abt 950 Rs to be precise.I dint dig into details then as to why a relay was installed, I would say I am ignorant .
In a lay mans terms just to make sure nothing went bang' in the setup.

If you can give me time till saturday I can post a few pics of the headlamps assembly just to show that there has been no damage as such to the unit. [FONT=Times][SIZE=3][FONT=Times][/FONT][/SIZE][/FONT]
Old 3rd November 2006, 03:20   #18
BHPian

it dosent rain in kerala in december but i think nov and dec there is rain in chennai
how about just going in for philips vision plus 55/65w? those 100w bulbs just blind oncoming traffic.
Old 3rd November 2006, 07:55   #19
Senior - BHPian

I have 100/90W Phillips Rally...Cost:155 / bulb. + Rally (around 250)
Excellent for highways. I used it for the highways trips. Total cost was around 600 odd rupees.
It nullifies the on coming traffic a lot but make sure u dont put it on while the car is halted for longer time as it gets damn hot and might melt the area adjacent to the bulbs (as suggested by MASS). Dont cross more than 100/90 W for an Alto. This is the best wattage for upgradation.

Infact I am thinking of putting the 60/55 W stock kit too for city use and the 100/90 for highways and higher speeds.

Abhi

OHH yes, relay is used because the stock wiring is designed only for 60W power. Higher power at same voltage means higher current, hence bigger wiring crosssection (P = V * I) to support that current.

Abhi

Quote:
Originally Posted by mail4ajo
Remember the cost you paid? Pardon me for my ignorance...how does the relay help? Any other mods to the electricals?
Just caught hold of the bill, i have done in Surakshaa, MASS, bangalore

1) Wiring Harness - 190
2) Headlight relay - 217
3) Bulbs(2) - 276 (i got discount as MRP was 155 / bulb)
4) 30 amps fuse - 42
5) Labour - 150
---------------------------------
Total - 875 + some tax

Abhi

Last edited by adya33 : 3rd November 2006 at 12:41.
Old 3rd November 2006, 09:28   #20
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Any cheaper options?
hey Ajo.... i have the Philips rallye bulbs in my esteem.... 100/130W and really powerful and inspires confidence especially during night driving....

let me tell you i also had stock bulbs in my esteem for sometime after i came to chennai.... and as you know i regularly drive down to bangalore to visit my family.

I used to find it really hard to drive on the highways with these bulbs at night and switched to philips rallye... now i am so confident of driving at night due to the sheer illumination and spread of the beam i effortlessly cruise at 130kmph in the dead of the night...

so just go in for the rallye... a set of 2 bulbs is ONLY rs, 350.... cheap and really reliable and very practical.... forget diamond vision and other expensive addon's bro...

P.S. the wiring cutout from lucas tvs (brand name not 100% sure as my memory fails me) cost me 500 bucks... all this for less than a grand is definitely cheap...

hope this helps...

Last edited by n_aditya : 3rd November 2006 at 09:32.
Old 3rd November 2006, 10:03   #21
BHPian

Hi Ajo,

I have Phillips Bluevision 90/100 in my SWIFT. Had it fixed by Maruti Dealer. I spent about 900 for the pair of bulbs and about 800 for fixing it. The fixing cost included the wiring, relay and the ceramic holder.

I feel better while driving in the night with is arrangement.
Old 3rd November 2006, 10:12   #22
BHPian

Ajo, Let me know the review of the bulbs that you are putting. I will also upgrade on my Alto
Old 3rd November 2006, 14:26   #23
BHPian

other options

hey .. check out if you can get any Osram bulbs , they're really good .. 100/130 with a relay fitted would pretty much do the job ..

btw if you are plannin to come down through the salem-coimbatore-palakkad-trissur route .. take it easy as the roads are not in that great shape for most of the way in kerala especially coimbatore-palakkad and palakkad vadakanchery ..

rains well they're hitting hard right now but in december i am assuming it will be pretty clear .. anyways .. take care do post what your final descision is
Old 3rd November 2006, 15:00   #24
BHPian

I will also vote for the philips 100/90, But one piece of advise, get a good relay, I had blue vision in my car before and got damaged cause of that cheap relay..
Old 3rd November 2006, 16:26   #25
Jay
BHPian

Quote:
Does anyone know about a halogen called "all wheather"?
Used them on my Santro before... Act as fog lamps while there is fog / rain... very powerful, vehicles in the opp direction wont be able to see a thing... Not allowed in the city, cops will fine you... that much wont be necessary, am using 100/90 now, pretty good, advice you to go for the same...
Old 3rd November 2006, 16:36   #26
Senior - BHPian

I am using Philips 100/90 Rally halogens on Alto as well & am very satisfied with the result.

Cost was 150 per bulb + 400 for wiring harness+Relay(this is a single assembly no cutting of wires) So total was 650

130\90 bulb was 200 per piece but the installer advised against it , he said dont put it if you are running is less than 30-40 kms a day guess these bulbs eat a lot battery. But once the harness is in place you can switch to any bulb.

Hope this Helps
Old 3rd November 2006, 17:40   #27
Senior - BHPian

90/100 is an optimal upgrade. 100/130 majorly ruins the oncoming traffics view who will be cursing u. Heat produced might also crack ur headlight-lens and might melt the holder too.
This is my experience.
Old 3rd November 2006, 20:16   #28
Senior - BHPian

Philips vision plus is a good option for a higher budget it is 60/55W only but is really powerful.

Otherwise go for the philips rally 100/90W only.Dont go for anything with a higher wattage than this.

Ps: Legal limit is 60/55W only.
Old 6th November 2006, 14:09   #29
BHPian

Crystalvision didn't suffice

Wonder if any others have had this problem about the Crytalvision (White Light from Blue coloured bulbs) wherein I had good spread of Light on My Santro when I had them integrated into it but found the intensity to be very low... This helped me in the City drives but was lacking in Highway drives... Had them changed to Philips Rally 130/100 and since then have found them groovy... This made me rule out the possibility that Santro's reflectors were not made for intensity.... a
Old 6th November 2006, 14:13   #30
BHPian

I do agree with Nitrous and Rahul that it is not right on our part to be using 130/100 for it would hamper/disturb the sight of the driver in the opposite vehicle... but am courteous with smaller vehicles and sometimes even run on parking.... but when it comes to teh Volvos, Hi-tech buses and Trucks I do need the lights on ...

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks