Team-BHP > Modifications & Accessories
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 16th September 2009, 17:18   #3316
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ravveendrra View Post
Cannot really say in mathematical terms (%age) how much better these bulbs are over stock or how close they are to 100/90, all I can say is that they are substantially better than stock.

There are a few posts here and on other threads about the cost of Hella and Lightforce additional lamps. The best way to mount them is to fix them to a light bar. Neat looking readymade light bars are available nowadays which are fixed under the number plate or to the bumper supports. (Check the lightforce website for a dekko at their lightbar Lightforce - Products.)
Cheers,
The reason why is asked about the %age is to know the real difference. If there is a marginal betterment in the output and need for more arises, then it is a waste of 1000 odd bucks. However, the info you provided me helps.

And do you have any idea what the pencil beams is all about. Have you seen or used them ?
Old 17th September 2009, 09:33   #3317
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ash_blore View Post
Any decent auto acc shop will be able to do it. I got it done on JC road in bangalore at my friend's shop. If you are interested, PM me for number and address
Got the work done on last Saturday. Have driven some 200KMs with them, results are very satisfactory considering my damaged headlamp assembly .

It costed me 1500 bucks for Wiring kit with ceramic Holders, Hella Relays, 3 Philips H4 bulbs (1 is spare) and an extra on off wiring for my reverse horn and a cheap tweeter pair.

Thanks ash_blore, it was a good experience overall .
Old 17th September 2009, 09:35   #3318
Senior - BHPian

Accent headlights upgraded to Philips 100/90 with Hella relays

Quote:
Originally Posted by ash_blore View Post
Any decent auto acc shop will be able to do it. I got it done on JC road in bangalore at my friend's shop. If you are interested, PM me for number and address
Got the work done on last Saturday. Have driven some 200KMs with them, results are very satisfactory considering my damaged headlamp assembly .

It costed me 1500 bucks for Wiring kit with ceramic Holders, Hella Relays, 3 Philips H4 bulbs (1 is spare) and an extra on off wiring for my reverse horn and a cheap tweeter pair.

Old 17th September 2009, 09:37   #3319
BHPian

Hi,
Just installed Phillips Xtreme Vision on my Punto.
Paid 1200 and got them from CARAX in Pune. I'm not too satisfied with the results. It is surely not 80% better than the stock bulb - may be about 10 - 15% better.

Can anyone suggest something better. I dont want to go for heigher wattage bulbs..
Old 17th September 2009, 10:27   #3320
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by jacs View Post

thanks jacs. Glad to help and I am happy that you are enjoying more light on the roads. I have my setup for more than 18 months now. No issues so far and I cant think of not having 100/90 setup.
Old 17th September 2009, 12:53   #3321
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by blackbeast View Post
And do you have any idea what the pencil beams is all about. Have you seen or used them ?
'Pencil beams' refers to fixtures that give a narrow beam of light - like a pencil. This way the light reaches further as there is less spread and all of the light is focussed in a narrow area. I have used pencil beams on my 118NE years ago. They were some local make ones but gave excellent lighting. Unfortunately the quality was not good and the housing started corroding after about 2 years so I had to repait the housing, I must say though that the reflecters did not rust.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crimson View Post
Hi,
Paid 1200 and got them from CARAX in Pune. I'm not too satisfied with the results. It is surely not 80% better than the stock bulb - may be about 10 - 15% better.

Can anyone suggest something better. I dont want to go for heigher wattage bulbs..
IIRC all *vision* (there is nothing like a Xtreme Vision only bluevison, silvervision and visionplus) give blue light and are expected to give only marginally more light than stocks. The bulbs with the maximum light output in stock wattage are Philips X-treme Power and Osram Nightbreakers. One simple way of increasing light output is to install relays (in case your car does not have them already).

Cheers,
Old 17th September 2009, 12:58   #3322
BHPian

Is there any ready made setup for installing the Off roads Lights, usually installed at rof of SUVs on the Roof rail?
I am planning one for my adventure, can anyone guide in this regard

Regards
Harish Raghav
Old 17th September 2009, 14:09   #3323
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ravveendrra View Post
IIRC all *vision* (there is nothing like a Xtreme Vision only bluevison, silvervision and visionplus) give blue light and are expected to give only marginally more light than stocks. The bulbs with the maximum light output in stock wattage are Philips X-treme Power and Osram Nightbreakers. One simple way of increasing light output is to install relays (in case your car does not have them already).

Cheers,
Sorry, I meant Phillips X-treme Power, not X-treme Vision. What if im looking for something brighter without modifying any electricals?

Also I was expecting to have slightly whitish light but actually its completely yellow light. I was under the impression the High beam would be whitish and the low beam would be yellow.

Last edited by Crimson : 17th September 2009 at 14:15.
Old 17th September 2009, 14:56   #3324
Senior - BHPian

Crimson,

Try Osram Night Breaker 55W/12V.
It has 90% more light than stock and 10% more white light as per the website.
I have seen it in Swift.The Throw is very good and bright and little bit whitish than normal halogen.
Check this too

In my previous car,I was using Philips Rally H4 90/100W Bulbs with bosch relays.
It's really very powerful but it might affect the headlight housing especially the lenses.
But for me, still the headlights are in good condition.

Last edited by aks_karthik : 17th September 2009 at 15:00.
Old 17th September 2009, 18:39   #3325
BHPian

Quote:
Sorry, I meant Phillips X-treme Power, not X-treme Vision. What if im looking for something brighter without modifying any electricals?
Crimson, This is what i was talking to ravveenndra in the posts in the present and previous page. Marginal difference is not worth changing from stock. The simple rule is more wattage more output unless its some HID which are an expensive affair. Hence, i am planning to go for Hella Driving lights. Mine is a safari so it goes by the looks and if you are driving a car you might not like extra pair of big lamps infront of your bumper. I suggest you better draw a parallel circuit from battery and put 90/100 bulbs. It wont void your warranty also.

Quote:
Originally Posted by aks_karthik View Post
Crimson,

Try Osram Night Breaker 55W/12V.
It has 90% more light than stock and 10% more white light as per the website.
I have seen it in Swift.The Throw is very good and bright and little bit whitish than normal halogen.
Check this too

In my previous car,I was using Philips Rally H4 90/100W Bulbs with bosch relays.
It's really very powerful but it might affect the headlight housing especially the lenses.
But for me, still the headlights are in good condition.
Hey Aks,
Once again more often than not we get fooled by the first look of different lamps from one we have. Initial impression may be not be the actual result you want from them. Drive the swift you saw for a good distance where there is lot of oncoming traffic then decide what is for you and what is not.

And, I was also running 90/100w and then i was running 100/130. Never had any issues with blackening the reflectors. I have not come across any incident where it happened to the people i know. So, stick to this. I would have done this if i were to stick to headlights. since i want more lighting ( i drive to my place which has a solid neat road + no trafffic + lot of humps ). Hence even if i go for osram bulbs i would not be disappointed. You may try the same. Its the best lighting you can ever get.
Old 18th September 2009, 13:35   #3326
Distinguished - BHPian

Hella India aftermarket lights catalogue attached

Guys

For those looking for aftermarket driving/fog lights, here is a very very useful PDF file of Hella India's official catalogue (with MRPs).

Hope it helps as the market is flooded with various fake Hellas being sold at wildly varying prices.
Attached Files
File Type: pdf Hi peformance.pdf (917.2 KB, 3179 views)
Old 18th September 2009, 14:09   #3327
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Hi,

Get 100/90 philips rally bulbs for more light and life compared to all tha + % models.

Last edited by gigy : 18th September 2009 at 14:14.
Old 18th September 2009, 14:42   #3328
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by itwasntme View Post
Guys

For those looking for aftermarket driving/fog lights, here is a very very useful PDF file of Hella India's official catalogue (with MRPs).

Hope it helps as the market is flooded with various fake Hellas being sold at wildly varying prices.
thats a very very helpful list , thnx for sharing it on the forum.
Old 18th September 2009, 15:01   #3329
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by itwasntme View Post
Guys

Thanks buddy, that was helpfull.
Just i want to put the assembly on some frame to be mounted on the Roof rails.
From where can i get any such frame.
Old 18th September 2009, 16:28   #3330
BHPian

Just to update the Hyderabad folks about the Osram NightBreaker H4 60/55 price.

I called up couple of car accessories shop to get the price for a pair of Osram NB H4. Some of the guys like Pitstop, Fasttrack gave me a quote of 1800. The lowest quote was given by Sprocket. They told that the MRP is Rs. 1625 and they are willing to give it for Rs. 1425. I guess it may be higher than the price in B'lore but its ok.

BTW, is there is any way to identify that the product is genuine or not?
If any one knows a place where I can get better deal, please let me know. i am planning to fix it tomorrow.
Thanks...

Last edited by Matt : 18th September 2009 at 16:33.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks