Team-BHP > Modifications & Accessories
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 16th November 2009, 21:09   #3466
BHPian

I would really suggest that go for comet 200FF as they are small form factor and light weight. They costed me 90 euros, i picked them from [COLOR=#cc0000] heidelberg[/COLOR] . the local guy charged me Rs 200 for fitting them .

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ketan View Post
Any inputs on this one yet!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by itwasntme View Post
Thanks, Suman. Have already commented on the great looks of your Safari! I want to fit them into the OEM slots in the front bumper for safety as BLR has extremely high curbs. I don't want to fit them 'rally-style' as it attracts too much attention from the city cops.

The Micro FF series looks better as does the Comet 450. As you mentioned, teh Rallye is out due to size issues. Overall, I think the FF series are much better in terms of spread and depth!
Old 17th November 2009, 01:07   #3467
BHPian

auxillary driving lamps for my CITY ZX

Dear Friends,

i have a 2 yr old city zx, i had placed hid kit in headlight it was a chinese make and it worked well for 11/2 yr but now it has been creating a lot of problems like frequent bulb blow outs and so today out of frustration i just removed the entire thing and placed my original 55/60 watt bulb back,

the main reason was also that being in small city getting a replacement bulb was a week long affair and i cannot afford 1800 every 6 month for tube.

now im back to square one as i was highly satisfied with my HID lights and i only do highway driving early 3-4 o clock and empty roads means 130-140kmph

iam planning either of 2 things now

1> to opt for a roof mounted hellas ( i know they will spoils the look).
2> to put hells DE normal ones or some good driving in bumper (my car didnt came with fog lamps)
3> in extreme frustration if i cannot get any of 2 things above i get hells de xenons in bumper

what would u suggest or any other ideas?
upgrading headlamp is also a option but their beam spread is pathetic.

personally i would prefer going for 2nd option if i can get a good electrician in delhi......please please if any one knows tell me as my car is still under warranty

I can go to palika market opp hayat as i am away from delhi 150kms i will have to take time out for it

thankx
Old 17th November 2009, 17:47   #3468
Senior - BHPian

Will the Hella Rallye 700FF fit on a zen fog lamp space? is that the bumper one or extra fitment? anyone knows the current cost?
Old 17th November 2009, 19:26   #3469
Senior - BHPian

Thank you Hands-on,

are you recommending philips extreme power over Osram? I have read some good things about Osram bulbs recently!
Old 17th November 2009, 21:03   #3470
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ketan View Post
Thank you Hands-on,

are you recommending philips extreme power over Osram? I have read some good things about Osram bulbs recently!
Extreme powers are much better and value for money than the osrams.
Old 17th November 2009, 22:50   #3471
BHPian

Hella FF200

Quote:
Originally Posted by hands-on View Post
I would really suggest that go for comet 200FF
Hi hands-on, are they FF 200? Please confirm, if this is the one you are referring to:
Hella India | Aftermarket

Do you get good beam length and spread with these? I think 700 FF seems to be the best choice but I don't want to put really big lights on - I'm looking for a reasonable balance between performance and size. I'm hoping this FF 200 would meet. What do you think? My purpose is to aid my current long beam strength. Please advise.

Also, from Hella's site (..:: Shop4hella.com - Shopping - AUXILLIARY LIGHTS - Comet Series - FF 200/FF 200 BLUE by Hella 200/FF 200 BLUE), the cost seems to be around 7.5K. Did you buy yours online or when you visited that place - hiedelberg?

Thanks,
KK
Old 18th November 2009, 08:28   #3472
MCR
BHPian

Hello BHPians,
I would like to change the stock headlamp in my Punto. Please suggest me the best available lamp in the market. Also please let me know where I can buy the same in Bangalore. I would be doing a lot of highway runs in single lane and often potholed roads.Thanks.

Last edited by MCR : 18th November 2009 at 08:32. Reason: Added sentence
Old 18th November 2009, 18:59   #3473
BHPian

+1 to MCR's post. Was just about to post for my GP too. Am one hell of night creature so no compromise when it comes to lighting.

Initially wanted to retro fit projectors. Lack of expertise and the DIY retrofitters charging 10k+ was a major let down. Tried finding deal online but everything is 10k+. I dont want to invest so much on HLs.

I have 2 options now, either go for a chinese/Philips HID or some really powerful super bright Halogens. Which is a better bet and what options do I consider?
Old 19th November 2009, 09:13   #3474
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by furioussphinx View Post
+1 to MCR's post. Was just about to post for my GP too. Am one hell of night creature so no compromise when it comes to lighting.

Initially wanted to retro fit projectors. Lack of expertise and the DIY retrofitters charging 10k+ was a major let down. Tried finding deal online but everything is 10k+. I dont want to invest so much on HLs.

I have 2 options now, either go for a chinese/Philips HID or some really powerful super bright Halogens. Which is a better bet and what options do I consider?
I guess the best bet will be to fix HIDs on the fogs as they will not hurt the eyes of oncoming vehicles and also provide a good spread over the road surface. Since the Punto does not have projectors for the H/L fixing a HID will spread the bream all over the place harming oncoming vehicles vision.
Old 19th November 2009, 09:29   #3475
BHPian

HI to all auto Lighting gurus,

I have a Safari dicor and i am planning to upgrade the headlamps to HID.
In the mags there are advertisements of H4 (H/L) lamps from Numak and P4. Plus I've seen Philips in the market.

The Numak website (Auto Xenon HID Lamps, Best Brand in India) shows two options for H4.
1. H4 (Xenon Hi & Lo) Rs.9900.00
2. H4 (H/L Projection) Rs.19900.00

Which one should I buy to get the best illumination. And is the 19k option good value for money?
Anyone who has done such upgrades in Safari/ Indian SUV please help!

Also, what is this deal about D2R and D2S lamps? I have not seen any such marking on the boxes or in the websites.
Old 19th November 2009, 09:33   #3476
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sen2009 View Post
HI to all auto Lighting gurus,

I have a Safari dicor and i am planning to upgrade the headlamps to HID.
In the mags there are advertisements of H4 (H/L) lamps from Numak and P4. Plus I've seen Philips in the market.

The Numak website (Auto Xenon HID Lamps, Best Brand in India) shows two options for H4.
1. H4 (Xenon Hi & Lo) Rs.9900.00
2. H4 (H/L Projection) Rs.19900.00

Which one should I buy to get the best illumination. And is the 19k option good value for money?
Anyone who has done such upgrades in Safari/ Indian SUV please help!

Also, what is this deal about D2R and D2S lamps? I have not seen any such marking on the boxes or in the websites.
Projectors are the best option for HIDs as the beams can be focused, rather than being spread haphazardly all over the place if used on the OEM housing. However, not too sure about Numak and their projector setups.
Old 19th November 2009, 09:50   #3477
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by motomaverick View Post
Projectors are the best option for HIDs as the beams can be focused, rather than being spread haphazardly all over the place if used on the OEM housing. However, not too sure about Numak and their projector setups.
OK, but will the projector setup fit right into my headlight casing. I mean it must be something large and not just the bulb. Any ideas i I'll have to modify the existing reflectors or such other things?
I am not so keen on letting my warranty go out of the window. I guess the direct fit bulbs (non prjector) will not hamper warranty, as they are rated at 35W compared to the 90/130 Osram I am using now.

Another query -
I have seen metal halide lamps (non automotive) taking something between 30 - 180 seconds to glow up properly. Similarly, power down also takes time and is not instantaneous.
How does the Auto HIDs behave - similarly? It'd be a bother to flash passing light in the day time then.
Old 19th November 2009, 10:17   #3478
BHPian

I have recently upgraded my headlamps in my Maruti 800 from 55/60 to 100/90 Halonix bulbs with new set of relay and wiring kit. The result is awesome during night ride on the highway.

But my doubt is, on continuous night ride in highways, do these bulbs withstand the heat produced by 100/90 ? The wiring kit is a new one which is meant specifically for 100/90 and above.

Any suggestion?
Old 19th November 2009, 11:34   #3479
MCR
BHPian

I called FIAT on 1800 209 5556 and placed my queries regarding the OSRAM Night breaker lamps.

1. Can I replace the OE lamps with OSRAM Night breakers with specifications?
ECE : H4.
Part No : 61493 NBR.
Rating : 12V 55/60W P43t.

2. Will this replacement void the electrical system warranty?

Awaiting their reply.
Old 19th November 2009, 13:29   #3480
Senior - BHPian

will 4 lights drain the battery or cause electrical load?

i have a 100/90 philips rally vision on my car. i am planning to put extra lights on the bumper. it may be fog lamps or again some 100/90 w bulbs.

wont it drain my battery quickly / cause extreme load on my alternator if i keep all the 4 lights on?

are there any recommendations for the same?

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks