Team-BHP > Modifications & Accessories
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 17th December 2009, 15:44   #3526
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by shamanth View Post
Last week i had got my headlight converted to 90/100w, with hella relay and hella 90/100 bulb for my ANHC. Yesterday i saw one of my bulb high beam is gone.

Guys, do you think it was because of quality of bulb or something wrong in installation?

I am thinking of going to Philips rally bulb, hope this one will last.
pardon me asking but wont changing the headlamps so early affect your warranty on the electricals?
Old 17th December 2009, 16:00   #3527
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SX4LOVER View Post
pardon me asking but wont changing the headlamps so early affect your warranty on the electricals?
Most bhpians feels no issues with warranty since they dont cut any wire. so went ahead.
Old 17th December 2009, 16:09   #3528
BHPian

ok!

Quote:
Originally Posted by shamanth View Post
Most bhpians feels no issues with warranty since they dont cut any wire. so went ahead.
so does that imply that if i get HIDs installed in my SX4 from a philips / hella dealer or local shop without cutting any wires but after adding relays, it wouldnt void my warranty? also somewhere i read that people had to change wirings, would it still hold good?

sorry but i couldnt really understand this went i went through the entire thread. (got more confused, rather)

also, do you think i should get it done from MASS if they have it as an accessory or if i take the HIDs to them? i contacted Maruti Toll No yesterday and asked for the same. Yet to get a replay from Chowgule and Millenium (will be roaming call if they call back)!!
Old 17th December 2009, 16:49   #3529
BHPian

Quote:
so does that imply that if i get HIDs installed in my SX4 from a philips / hella dealer or local shop without cutting any wires but after adding relays, it wouldnt void my warranty? also somewhere i read that people had to change wirings, would it still hold good?

sorry but i couldnt really understand this went i went through the entire thread. (got more confused, rather)

also, do you think i should get it done from MASS if they have it as an accessory or if i take the HIDs to them? i contacted Maruti Toll No yesterday and asked for the same. Yet to get a replay from Chowgule and Millenium (will be roaming call if they call back)!!
I have installed HID's for the headlamps as well as fog lamps for my SX4 Zxi. The brand i went in for is P4 in 55w H4 variety for the headlamps and 35w H8's for the fog lamps. Both the sets were installed without cutting/splicing any original wiring of the car.

Your car's standard/extended warranty is not going to be nullified with the installation of HID's in your car as long as the original car's wiring is not tampered with in any way. Most branded kits like P4, Philips etc come with complete socket to socker connection kinda aftermarket kits which do not require you to cut/splice the car electrical wiring in any way soo relax and go ahead with the HID upgrade.

PS- You don't need to add any additional relays if you going in for an aftermarket HID kit as all the necessary relays, ballasts, ignitors etc are all included in the HID kit itself.

Cheers

Last edited by prince85 : 17th December 2009 at 16:58.
Old 17th December 2009, 17:00   #3530
BHPian

thanks a lot

Quote:
Originally Posted by prince85 View Post
I have installed HID's for the headlamps as well as fog lamps for my SX4 Zxi. The brand i went in for is P4 in 55w H4 variety for the headlamps and 35w H8's for the fog lamps. Both the sets were installed without cutting/splicing any original wiring of the car.

Your car's standard/extended warranty is not going to be nullified with the installation of HID's in your car as long as the original car's wiring is not tampered with in any way. Most branded kits like P4, Philips etc come with complete socket to socker connection kinda aftermarket kits which do not require you to cut/splice the car electrical wiring in any way soo relax and go ahead with the HID upgrade.

Cheers
that was a real help. (and i couldnt figure it our throughout the 235 pages of the thread!!). so ill gor for the HIDs now. how is the difference by the way?

im also looking for soome good stuff in Auto Expo and hope to pick it up from there. ANY SUGGESTIONS ANYONE??
Old 17th December 2009, 17:08   #3531
BHPian

Quote:
that was a real help. (and i couldnt figure it our throughout the 235 pages of the thread!!). so ill gor for the HIDs now. how is the difference by the way?
Well, there is an obvious difference driving in the nights as the HIDs light up the road ahead almost like daylight. and they look cool from the outside as well.
Old 17th December 2009, 17:12   #3532
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by prince85 View Post
Well, there is an obvious difference driving in the nights as the HIDs light up the road ahead almost like daylight. and they look cool from the outside as well.
guess what? i just got a call from one of the reps from Chowgule Pune. He said that as long as I get an assembly which doesnt require wires to be cut, they can do the fitment. Am also thinking of ORVM blinkers now

will try and pick up something good from Auto EXPO.!!
Old 18th December 2009, 13:27   #3533
BHPian

Could some1 explain when a relay is a must and when a relay is not required? Do I need to do any other extra work,fr eg.fitting a relay......if i want to replace the stock lamps of my sx4 with these philips extreme power bulbs?
Old 18th December 2009, 13:59   #3534
BHPian

SX4 again!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ahmed26 View Post
Could some1 explain when a relay is a must and when a relay is not required? Do I need to do any other extra work,fr eg.fitting a relay......if i want to replace the stock lamps of my sx4 with these philips extreme power bulbs?
it seems that all SX4 owners have decided to go for lamp upgrades. I hope Maruti responds to this problem (shall i say niggle) with the car.
Old 18th December 2009, 14:04   #3535
BHPian

Help! Again!!

SX4 - Mid term review at 4000km and How to (Nippon Security system)

Hi guys.. car-go in his thread says the following: Philips Diamondvision bulbs (60/55W, 5000K) - though less intensity, found that the white light makes it easier for me to spot anything coming upfront, with respect to the yellowish OEM lights - also I did not require to do any extra mods such as relays as the wattage was the same as OEMs ; did not go for HIDs yet as they need separate projector lamp setup.

can anyone please elaborate??
Old 20th December 2009, 10:52   #3536
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nkrishnap View Post
You cannot put a 100/90W H4 in palio. which version of the palio are you having. If its the Palio pre NV of NV, then the below are the bulb specifications

1) Low beam - H7 55W. You can replace this with a H7 80W bulb with a wiring kit.

2) High Beam - H1 55W. You can replace this with H1 100W bulb.

Please ensure you have separate wiring kits for both the low beam and the high beam.

If its Palio Stile, then both the bulbs are H7 type. You can use the 80W bulbs for both the low beam and the high beam.

Hope this helps
Thank you for the response Krishna,

My PalioD (1.9) manual says,

Dipped Bean > H7(type) > 55w
Main Beam > H1(type) > 55w

Now, I'm assuming that the Dipped beam is nothing but the high beam and the main beam is low beam (used during normal driving). Experts, let me know if I'm going wrong with this assumption.

This means that I will have to have H1+H7 combination here. I was reading some good reviews about Philips Blue vision (90/100w) and also Philips rally 90/100w.

Are these bulbs come with H1 and H7 combination? (pardon me, I did not search extensively before adding this post).
I understand that 90/100w will be a good upgrade from stock bulbs and will be good for night drive.
Do I need to have a seperate kit/relay while I put 90/100? roots, bosch are the brands I read about for relay - if its going to be necessary, I shall look for these brands for kit/relay.

Edit: I will start in another couple of hours for JC road and search for above. Hopefully I get some advice in the mean time - if you know a quality dealer please let me know the name with some direction to get there, if other bhpians around in the hunt on JCRoad this afternoon, call me at 9886719127

Last edited by Ketan : 20th December 2009 at 10:56.
Old 20th December 2009, 12:28   #3537
Senior - BHPian

^^ Alright, I was wrong, Dipped beam is Low beam and Main beam is High beam. So, please read accordingly in above post.
Old 20th December 2009, 12:36   #3538
Senior - BHPian

Hi Ketan,

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ketan View Post
Now, I'm assuming that the Dipped beam is nothing but the high beam and the main beam is low beam (used during normal driving). Experts, let me know if I'm going wrong with this assumption.
As far as I know, it is the other way round. In cars which have one bulb doing both duties with two filaments, the bright is 60W and the dipped one 55W.
Old 20th December 2009, 12:47   #3539
Senior - BHPian

@SX4LOVER
Wonder Car's accessory shop, attached to their workshop near Telco, had some HID kits with 1 year warranty. They had also said they had 100/90 rated Philips Rally bulbs along with Bosch relay (or was it Hella?) and wiring kit which they could install in my Swift.

I did not get it installed since the relay kit did not have ceramic/bakelite holders. Once I get hold of these holders, I might get it installed from them. They had quoted Rs. 1250 for the install.

@everyone
Does anyone know how the wiring is done when upgrading to higher rated bulbs? How is the wiring kit included in the relay kit connected to the existing wiring harness & battery? Do they have to connect the new wiring kit directly to the battery? I just want to make sure that the accessory guys do it correctly.

Last edited by pjbiju : 20th December 2009 at 13:00.
Old 20th December 2009, 13:25   #3540
Senior - BHPian

^^ You are right trrk, I searched for that on the net and confirmed. its other way round.

Also, since I have got seperate bulbs, 90/100w funda (which is H4 I guess) is not there for me.

Guys,
Could you please let me know a good combination of H1+H7 (and relay kit if req.) for Palio?

How about HIDs? I read it produces more luminance, efficient, consumes less power and carbon. So, I came up with two more questions!

How muhc more it costs compared to halogen bulbs - worth buying for benefits it has against the cost its available for?
Is it available for Palio D?

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks