Team-BHP > Modifications & Accessories
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 4th March 2010, 13:41   #3751
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheBeastFieast View Post
Thanks for that.

I got it fitted at Faridabad, a area known by Tikona park, I bought it from a accessory shot and got it installed by a battery shop.

Could you post your car snap with the Hella kit
Old 4th March 2010, 16:47   #3752
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by praful View Post
The second option seems enticing, will definitely have a look at it once you have done it.

When you were running the Lo 80W and Hi 100W combination were you running a relay and cutout?
Yes, it was with a dual wiring kit for high and low beams, but with out the ceramic holders.

My plans will be delayed as I will only invest when i go for a long drive, may by June or July
Old 4th March 2010, 16:52   #3753
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nkrishnap View Post
Yes, it was with a dual wiring kit for high and low beams, but with out the ceramic holders.

My plans will be delayed as I will only invest when i go for a long drive, may by June or July
Still the fusing of bulbs etc is something that could been caused of some wiring issue, saying this because a friend of mine owns a Palio too and he has been running the 100W Hi and 70W Lo combi for about 1.5 years now. And he installed the relay only one year after use.

One Hi 100W bulbs did get fused for him recently though.

I think I'd still go ahead with this combi for the moment!
Old 5th March 2010, 21:33   #3754
BHPian

Hi There!
I am here once again. Just one query please. Wherefrom can I get H4 Philips xtreme 60/55 head lamps here in Delhi. I mean only authorised dealers only. Oh, and one more thing. How much they must be costing want yur valuable inputs
Old 5th March 2010, 22:29   #3755
BHPian

I upgraded my Maruti 800 headlights to Philips Rally 100/90 W (with relay) recently. The set up is working fine.

I have four Maruti 800 OEM unused bulbs (65/55 W, or so, methink) lying with me.

I have a query.

Can I carry these bulbs in my car, for use in case any of the 100/90 W bulb gets fused.

Will the voltage/wattage not be too much to handle.

Advance thanks.

Last edited by skdking : 5th March 2010 at 22:37. Reason: impropah english
Old 6th March 2010, 00:18   #3756
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by skdking View Post
I upgraded my Maruti 800 headlights to Philips Rally 100/90 W (with relay) recently. The set up is working fine.

I have four Maruti 800 OEM unused bulbs (65/55 W, or so, methink) lying with me.

I have a query.

Can I carry these bulbs in my car, for use in case any of the 100/90 W bulb gets fused.

Will the voltage/wattage not be too much to handle.

Advance thanks.
I don't think it should be a problem as u have a relay and the voltage remains the same.
Old 6th March 2010, 00:28   #3757
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soccerfan View Post
white halogens are useless in rains . you would need to go for HID+projector setup which would be costly.
I have an Alto with 100/90 headlights, I want to go for HID+projector lamps, and LED for indicator lamps. Want to know the cost of HID+projector and from where I can get them in Bangalore? I am looking for 6000K.
Old 6th March 2010, 21:02   #3758
BHPian

Hi Lighting Gurus,

I have a query of my own.

I drive a Zen (old shape) and it currently has 100/90 Philips Rally Vision, i think. They are the regular Yellow halogen light ones.

I am looking to upgrade to 130/100 and keep the yellow beam as i know the Yellow Beam has better visibility than white ones at least to my eyes. I have changed the battery a couple of months back to Amaron's.

Can someone please suggest the best bulb sets and relay kits for this? Also will this cause harm of any kind to the battery or reduce its life ? Also i heard that the 130/100 H4 buld get fused very easily and some local accessories shops do not recommend them?

I currently have an issue with one of my beams (High/Low) suddenly switching off on the current setup. The MASS has replaced several Fuses but still the issue happens on and off. Is the Relay the cause of the issue or something else ?
Old 7th March 2010, 22:18   #3759
BHPian

still confused!!

After reading this thread for many days, I am still confused on what light upgrade to do for my swift. I need to upgrade my stock lights as they are not useful for highways. I need to get 100/90, nothing flashy

please suggest which brand is best from illumination and vfm perspective. I dont need the white light ones.

also please suggest a reliable store on kochi where i can buy these bulbs. I dont want to end up buying counterfeit bulbs.
Old 7th March 2010, 22:35   #3760
Senior - BHPian

@Sasi,

Get a good 90/100 relay, such as the one from Bosch; use Philips Rally 90/100 bulbs. Requirement met!

No idea of the stores, though.
Old 8th March 2010, 11:17   #3761
BHPian

Result of Headlight Upgrade

Upgraded to Phillips Rally 90/100 with Hello Relay Kit.
Auto Lighting thread : Post all queries about automobile lighting here-07032010139.jpg
Old 8th March 2010, 12:04   #3762
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zenster View Post
Hi Lighting Gurus,

I have a query of my own.

I drive a Zen (old shape) and it currently has 100/90 Philips Rally Vision, i think. They are the regular Yellow halogen light ones.

I am looking to upgrade to 130/100 and keep the yellow beam as i know the Yellow Beam has better visibility than white ones at least to my eyes. I have changed the battery a couple of months back to Amaron's.

Can someone please suggest the best bulb sets and relay kits for this? Also will this cause harm of any kind to the battery or reduce its life ? Also i heard that the 130/100 H4 bulbs get fused very easily and some local accessories shops do not recommend them?

I currently have an issue with one of my beams (High/Low) suddenly switching off on the current setup. The MASS has replaced several Fuses but still the issue happens on and off. Is the Relay the cause of the issue or something else ?
Hey Guys, please respond on the above query soon. Thanks a lot.
Old 8th March 2010, 12:33   #3763
Senior - BHPian

Zenster,

As for the relay, Bosch or Hella or good. Just make sure to check the rating on them, since your are looking at 100/130 (Strangely, even though I have put 90/100 for both my vehicles, the relays are the 100/130 rated one!)

100/130 do have a shorter life span, but I would be a bit worried about the effect the heat will have on the headlight casing. The heat at high beam might be a concern.

As for the harm to battery, none, as long as you do not run the lights for long with the engine off.
Old 8th March 2010, 15:04   #3764
BHPian

Zenster, Are you using Higher Watt Bulbs on your current set up ?
Old 8th March 2010, 16:53   #3765
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by arunsasi View Post
After reading this thread for many days, I am still confused on what light upgrade to do for my swift.
==============
also please suggest a reliable store on kochi where i can buy these bulbs. I dont want to end up buying counterfeit bulbs.
Did you checked at Emperor at Palarivattom ? they usually tells part is oem or not ?

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks