Team-BHP > Modifications & Accessories
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 25th March 2010, 17:52   #3796
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kavu75 View Post
Some requirement for my cousin -

He is driving i10 and already have Philips 8000K HID bulb. Now he is looking to install Projector Setup for i10. Any idea from where he can get this (he is based in Palaghat - Coimbatore)? Any idea, how much it would cost?

This was one projector ad on classifieds. I guess i10 and i20 have the similar headlamp.
Team-BHP Classifieds - i20 Projector Headlight - Powered by PhotoPost Classifieds
Old 26th March 2010, 10:42   #3797
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ElantraGT View Post
Praful - Did you get a Relay kit for your car? if so which brand? I was not able to source a relay for the twin head light model. I have a elantra with H1 and H7 for Hi and low beam respectively. Currently i have upgraded to 100 W on h1 and H7 without any relays. but I would like to get this done soon.
Hi,

I did not get the relay fitment done as I was short of time. As of now I am running the lights as it is. Will be doing the relay fitment soon.

Dual headlamp relays are available from Bosch & NJK brands, this is AFAIK.

Get in touch with one of the Bosch Car service centres in Chennai, they will do the fitment and sourcing of the dual headlamp relay.

Link to BCS in TN -> http://www.boschindia.com/content/language1/html/8663.htmc
Old 26th March 2010, 13:52   #3798
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by praful View Post
Hi,

I did not get the relay fitment done as I was short of time. As of now I am running the lights as it is. Will be doing the relay fitment soon.

Dual headlamp relays are available from Bosch & NJK brands, this is AFAIK.

Get in touch with one of the Bosch Car service centres in Chennai, they will do the fitment and sourcing of the dual headlamp relay.

Link to BCS in TN -> http://www.boschindia.com/content/la...html/8663.htmc

Thanks a ton for pointing me on the right direction . I will make a visit to Bosch near my home (approx 4 kms) on Tuesday and will keep you updated on the avilability.
Old 26th March 2010, 18:24   #3799

Hello Experts !!

I want to install LED strip under the headlights of my Palio. Can somebody guide me on how to do this?
Old 27th March 2010, 18:09   #3800
BHPian

dear all,
today I successfully upgraded my Swift Dzire to 100/90 philips rally along with roots relay and ceramic holders and finolex wiring. The total came to Rs. 860/- including 150 for labor. Its a small but reliable shop in Aluva that specializes in auto electrical work. Got the reference from our driver who had done the same upgrade to our accent last week. Thanks for all the members who helped me with my queries. If anyone needs the shop details PM me.

couple of pics from the install
Auto Lighting thread : Post all queries about automobile lighting here-img_0688.jpg
Auto Lighting thread : Post all queries about automobile lighting here-img_0687.jpg
Old 29th March 2010, 19:48   #3801
Senior - BHPian

Hi guys,
I just upgraded my headlight bulbs for Ikon.Stock was 55watts/60,upgraded to Philips Rally 100watts/90,H4.My auto acessories shop guy told that no cut-out was required,he told me that only if we upgrade to 100/130,a cut out and relay was required. I have my doubts.Need advice.The light has improved a lot.
Old 29th March 2010, 21:16   #3802
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fordmanchau View Post
Hi guys,
I just upgraded my headlight bulbs for Ikon.Stock was 55watts/60,upgraded to Philips Rally 100watts/90,H4.My auto acessories shop guy told that no cut-out was required,he told me that only if we upgrade to 100/130,a cut out and relay was required. I have my doubts.Need advice.The light has improved a lot.
You will need cut-outs, when I upgraded mine to 100/90 without doing the same, the buld gone off within a week's time.
Old 29th March 2010, 21:21   #3803
BHPian

@ford
Its better to get ceramic holders and a relay like roots/hella/bosch. This has been advised all through this thread.

May be the stock ikon material is rated for 100w. I am not sure. Its better to get it checked by some other mechanic just to be sure.
Old 29th March 2010, 21:31   #3804
BHPian

Can you please suggest alternative bulbs for ANHC lights without any major mods?

Stock lights are highly insufficient and I cannot go for any mods as Honda says it will void warranty.

Please Help
Old 29th March 2010, 23:59   #3805
BHPian

The upgrade to 100 /90 bulbs are done without cutting wires or doing anything that will void warranty. It is a totally independent circuit that shares only the battery afaik
Old 30th March 2010, 00:30   #3806
BHPian

Philips Essential Vision!!!

Hello All,
I had installed Philips Essential Vision 90/100w with Bosch Relay on my Getz in Oct 2008. Yesterday dipper filament of the left went kaput...
While removing the kaput bulb today I noticed some damage happened to the reflector...
I have 2 questions
1. What is the approx life of these bulbs as each costed Rs. 350. Is Philips Rally 90/100w good.
2. Please find picture attached. Has this happened because of the temperature of the bulb or what could be the reason? The one with the bigger damage mark is the left one & the other is a right one.
Experts, I need your help.....
Attached Thumbnails
Auto Lighting thread : Post all queries about automobile lighting here-dsc03882.jpg  

Auto Lighting thread : Post all queries about automobile lighting here-dsc03883.jpg  

Old 30th March 2010, 12:17   #3807
BHPian

philips rally 100/90 is enough.costs 140rs. i believe the damage is not melting and some other thing in your reflector. wiring kit usually comes with ceramic holders
Old 30th March 2010, 12:18   #3808
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by asdon View Post
You will need cut-outs, when I upgraded mine to 100/90 without doing the same, the buld gone off within a week's time.
Quote:
Originally Posted by arunsasi View Post
@ford
Its better to get ceramic holders and a relay like roots/hella/bosch. This has been advised all through this thread.

May be the stock ikon material is rated for 100w. I am not sure. Its better to get it checked by some other mechanic just to be sure.
Quote:
Originally Posted by arunsasi View Post
The upgrade to 100 /90 bulbs are done without cutting wires or doing anything that will void warranty. It is a totally independent circuit that shares only the battery afaik
@ asdon and arunsasi,

Thanks for your reply,though the auto accessroies shop guy has assured me that cut-out is not required, and this upgrade is fine, I'll still once again check with the ford service center about it.
I was actually worried about the warranty thing as the car is still under warranty. But if it is done without cutting any wires, i'll probably go ahead and do it.

Thanks again guys.
Old 31st March 2010, 09:03   #3809
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sportsmind View Post

This was one projector ad on classifieds. I guess i10 and i20 have the similar headlamp.
Team-BHP Classifieds - i20 Projector Headlight - Powered by PhotoPost Classifieds
Thanks for the updates. Bad from my part,i happened to see the reply post today only. I will forward this information.
Old 31st March 2010, 14:09   #3810
BHPian

Extra Lights for Bolero.

Hi Guys,

Am planning to add extra lights to my Bolero for night driving on the highways. A of now I have the stock halogen bulbs for the headlight. I find them kind of wanting on the highways. Would like to upgrade them to a higher capacity or HID's if possible.
Besides this I would also like to put extra lights for added clear vision. Maybe Hella's. Am attaching a photograph to show where I would like to install them on my Bolero.
Would appreciate some feedback from the gurus and if possible, what specific lights I should be looking at.
Thanks in advance.
Attached Thumbnails
Auto Lighting thread : Post all queries about automobile lighting here-tbhp2a.jpg  

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks