Team-BHP > Modifications & Accessories
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 11th August 2010, 21:37   #4096
BHPian

I have a palio 1.2, 2002 make. i have replaced both my headlight assembly. The bulbs in use are 12V 55W H1 for high beam and 12V 80W H7 for low beam. Still I find them inadequate for highway driving. Can anyone suggest me any solution to this? I travel around 8000 KM a month and that too mostly at night.
Old 11th August 2010, 21:43   #4097
BHPian

Also I would like to know which fog lamps will be best in terms of brightness for my palio. I would prefer to avoid any mods to the bumper if possible.
Old 12th August 2010, 10:49   #4098
DNS
BHPian

Hi,

Ive gone through most of the thread, but cant find my answer.

I have a Swift, and also have 2 Hella Comet 500's i'd like to fit on.

Was wondering if I would be able to get the auxiliary light hood shroud/housing, like circled in the picture.

Would anyone be able to guide me to a source in Mumbai or Pune?

Much appreciated.
DNS
Attached Thumbnails
Auto Lighting thread : Post all queries about automobile lighting here-front.jpg  

Old 12th August 2010, 12:14   #4099
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by shekhar_gogoi View Post
I have a palio 1.2, 2002 make. i have replaced both my headlight assembly. The bulbs in use are 12V 55W H1 for high beam and 12V 80W H7 for low beam. Still I find them inadequate for highway driving. Can anyone suggest me any solution to this? I travel around 8000 KM a month and that too mostly at night.
Get a 100W bulb for the high beam. You might not get the H1 bulbs off the shelf as easily as the H4s though. Philips and Osram are the most common brands available. Suggest to get a good quality (Hella/Roots) relay when you upgrade.
Also, get the headlight focused.
Old 12th August 2010, 14:05   #4100
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by DNS View Post
Hi,

Was wondering if I would be able to get the auxiliary light hood shroud/housing, like circled in the picture.

Much appreciated.
DNS
Havent seen these in India.
Mostly, people install these onto the front grill or lower part of the bumper. Try to source these from abroad.
Old 12th August 2010, 16:48   #4101
BHPian

Can anyone advice me as to where I can get 100W H1's in Mumbai. I have searched the whole of Navi Mumbai and in most shops at Opera House. But none of them seemed to have the 100W. All were having the 55W ones. Also does anyone know if there's any authorised K&N dealers in Navi Mumbai???
Old 13th August 2010, 11:11   #4102
BHPian

Quote:
Hi,

Much appreciated.
DNS

This can be moulded easily with FRP. Any modifying shops can help in this.
Old 13th August 2010, 13:20   #4103
DNS
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sajjt View Post
This can be moulded easily with FRP. Any modifying shops can help in this.
what is an FRP?

I am not really keen on fitting them on a bracket in front of the grill.

Dont want to extent the car length by even an inch, as parking in mumbai is hard enough.

any suggestions?
Old 13th August 2010, 14:02   #4104
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
what is an FRP?

I am not really keen on fitting them on a bracket in front of the grill.

Dont want to extent the car length by even an inch, as parking in mumbai is hard enough.

any suggestions?
I think FRP is Fibre reinforced Plastic.
I havent seen this in India. Maybe you can try to source from abroad if it's available.
Old 13th August 2010, 14:40   #4105
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by naveen.raju View Post
I think FRP is Fibre reinforced Plastic.
I havent seen this in India. Maybe you can try to source from abroad if it's available.
Right Naveen. Haven't you seen the moded bikes with fake Yamaha/Honda fairings? Thats it, these people are skilled ones to make the design you give. Frame works will be behind this and will easily blend with the exact body colour.

You can ask the ICE experts who makes the tweeter pods for them. Only difference is, this will have extra reinforcement frames to hold the lights without any vibrations.

Naveen, in Cochin there are 2-3 shops who does neatly. Wanna try?

Last edited by sajjt : 13th August 2010 at 14:43.
Old 13th August 2010, 16:23   #4106
BHPian

Does anyone know where is the authorized Hella distributor in Bangalore? I checked their site. They have listed 3 shops. Cant make out who is a distributor.

Also, can anyone provide prices of the following Hella Auxiliory Lights?

Micro DE
Luminator Chromium
Luminator Compact Metal
Rallye 3000 CELIS
Luminator Compact Chromium
DE Xenon
Comet 200 Xenon

If someone has the pricelist kindly post it.

Last edited by NiTviN : 13th August 2010 at 16:26. Reason: HTML correction
Old 13th August 2010, 17:14   #4107
DNS
BHPian

Quote:
Right Naveen. Haven't you seen the moded bikes with fake Yamaha/Honda fairings? Thats it, these people are skilled ones to make the design you give. Frame works will be behind this and will easily blend with the exact body colour.

You can ask the ICE experts who makes the tweeter pods for them. Only difference is, this will have extra reinforcement frames to hold the lights without any vibrations.

Any knowledge of any shops in Mumbai anyone. I would have no idea bout these shops.
Old 13th August 2010, 17:22   #4108
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:

Yes. i have noticed that.
Am not installing any more lights. Completely satisfied with my current setup
Old 13th August 2010, 17:42   #4109
Senior - BHPian

Headlamp + Fog Lamp upgrade for Swift

I am currently driving with stock headlamps on my swift ldi and had bought off the regular fog lamps too. However, now i wish to upgrade both.

Headlamps - planning for Philips 100/90 or 100/80 and would try to restrict the usage on highway driving only so that
1. they last long
2. don't blacken the headlamp cover in the front with excessive usage

Foglamps - the foglamps should replace my city driving in nights and if at all I use the headlamps it should strictly be on low beam and for a little time.

now from what I have researched and searched over t-bhp I have a few questions:
1. I understand that I need to purchase (a) philips rally 100/90 bulbs (b) relay - would hella 40 amps be a good choice? (c) ceramic holder - any brand? (d) anything else that I missed?
If not a good place in delhi/ncr where I could procure all these items from?
2. Fog lamps in Maruti are H8 type, right? What kind of power am I looking at in the fog lamps that I purchase so that they somewhat replace headlamp usage in city driving? Where would I be able to procure these powerful H8 type foglamps in delhi/ncr?
3. Are foglamps adjustable so that they provide focused light which is enough for city driving?
4. Would separate hella-type relay be required for these foglamps too if I go above a certain wattage?
5. Does 100/90 really blacken the headlamp insides?
Old 14th August 2010, 09:14   #4110
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by fine69 View Post
I am currently driving with stock headlamps on my swift ldi and had bought off the regular fog lamps too. However, now i wish to upgrade both.

Headlamps - planning for Philips 100/90 or 100/80 and would try to restrict the usage on highway driving only so that
1. they last long
2. don't blacken the headlamp cover in the front with excessive usage

Foglamps - the foglamps should replace my city driving in nights and if at all I use the headlamps it should strictly be on low beam and for a little time.

now from what I have researched and searched over t-bhp I have a few questions:
1. I understand that I need to purchase (a) philips rally 100/90 bulbs (b) relay - would hella 40 amps be a good choice? (c) ceramic holder - any brand? (d) anything else that I missed?
If not a good place in delhi/ncr where I could procure all these items from?
2. Fog lamps in Maruti are H8 type, right? What kind of power am I looking at in the fog lamps that I purchase so that they somewhat replace headlamp usage in city driving? Where would I be able to procure these powerful H8 type foglamps in delhi/ncr?
3. Are foglamps adjustable so that they provide focused light which is enough for city driving?
4. Would separate hella-type relay be required for these foglamps too if I go above a certain wattage?

Also branded wires
Make sure everything stand up to the quality. Ceramic holder is another key component.

I would suggest you not to go for powerful fogs since you already have powerful headlights. You can go in for the OEM fogs. They are quite good for city drive.

No. They are not.

Yes. (I think so).

This is a common problem that many have reported. I had personally used higher rated bulbs in my Swift but that was just for 1 month or so. Then switched over to HIDs. If you use it during a long run, it will blacken your headlights. Also, the plastic coating on the headlamp unit will start to peel. This is because a lot of heat is trapped inside the unit. I felt the difference.

I would suggest you to go for HID if you can stretch your budget.
I have posted my car's light output some few messages back.

Cheers.!

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks