Team-BHP > Modifications & Accessories
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 6th September 2010, 16:00   #4231
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sajjt View Post
Its very much viable once you change the charging rates, so that no battery issues even in b2b traffic.

My bike is full DC running on a HID and no issues with batt once I changed the required components.

Can you give the specs of how to increase the charging rates?

Also, specs of the HID installed appreciated.
Old 6th September 2010, 17:47   #4232
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by headers View Post
Can you give the specs of how to increase the charging rates?

Also, specs of the HID installed appreciated.

You need to change the RR unit, rewind the stator coil with a thicker guage wire + some wire mods with relay for re routing of DC. Not that complex but if you make any mistake in wire mods you will smoke the entire wiring harness in no time. So careful.

I am using a D2S 35W HID in the bi xenon projector. You can see the pic on

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/modifi...ml#post1997798

Last edited by sajjt : 6th September 2010 at 17:49.
Old 6th September 2010, 22:01   #4233
BHPian

Chevy spark - hella issue info required

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord Lucan View Post
I recently upgraded my Chevy Spark with Hella H4 90/100 lights along with the matrix relay kit.

Upgrade did make a positive difference with the high beams but felt that the low beam had degraded. Low beams on the left had good throw. Low beams on the right were miserable, after 10-15 feet, I have to literally search for them with a torch

Much of the usable light falls on the left pavement. Has the installer (Evo) messed up with the horizontal alignment of the lights?. Open the hood but there are no screws for horizontal alignment in Spark.
I too got the same setup for spark and off late i have noticed exactly what you have mentioned above. The left beam goes beyond the right beam. Its like a graph going up on LHS while coming down on RHS.

I am planning to get this fixed soon at EVO. If that fails as you confirmed that there is no setting for focus in a spark will have to change the bulb to philips as you mentioned.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord Lucan View Post
The hella lights were also very 'yellow' at 3150K. When driven on a road flanked with Sodium vapor lights, it will be fairly difficult to tell if the lights are ON or OFF from the driver's seat.
Sorry, whats sodium vapor light ??
  • Philips 90/100 - does that emit a white light or a natural light like hella ??
  • How is the throw of philips as compared with hella ?? more / less / adequate ??
  • Did you use the same relay kit ?? and just replaced the bulbs ??
  • Cost of philips 90/100 ??
Old 6th September 2010, 22:55   #4234
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by quadra View Post
...Sorry, whats sodium vapor light ??
  • Philips 90/100 - does that emit a white light or a natural light like hella ??
  • How is the throw of philips as compared with hella ?? more / less / adequate ??
Sodium vapour lamp - those yellow street lights.

As for the listed queries:

Philips 90/100 is dirty yellow light and not white light; meaning, good visibility.

Not sure of the throw comparion, but have been using 90/100 for as long as I can remember and it has been great!

Any branded 90/100 relay kit will do (bosch, roots).

Cost of 90/100 is ~Rs.130/- per bulb. They are sold in single units.
Old 6th September 2010, 23:47   #4235
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by naveen.raju View Post
You could actually post some pics so that many fellow BHPians can get to see the difference.
Here you go.. pics are in the order below

Stock Low
XP_Low (also with vkool-70 film on windshield)
Stock High
XP_High (also with Vkool-70 film on windshield)
Attached Thumbnails
Auto Lighting thread : Post all queries about automobile lighting here-stock_low.jpg  

Auto Lighting thread : Post all queries about automobile lighting here-low_xp_vk70.jpg  

Auto Lighting thread : Post all queries about automobile lighting here-stock_high.jpg  

Auto Lighting thread : Post all queries about automobile lighting here-high_xp_vk70.jpg  

Old 7th September 2010, 09:34   #4236
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Twiny View Post
Here you go.. pics are in the order below

Stock Low
XP_Low (also with vkool-70 film on windshield)
Stock High
XP_High (also with Vkool-70 film on windshield)
Nice pics. There is definitely some difference. You could have felt more if you didnt have windshield sunfilms. Good work. Hope this will help fellow bhpians since many come with these kind of queries.
Old 7th September 2010, 11:08   #4237
BHPian

Thanks Naveen.. the stock pics were taken nearly 6months back and I forgot the film installation done in between.
I was holding the XP bulbs so long, due to shorter life span review I heard about Philips XP/Osram NB bulbs compared to normal ones.
Old 7th September 2010, 11:28   #4238
BHPian

I've been having Philips XP bulbs in my Indigo for ~1 year now. I find the illumination hopelessly inadequate during heavy rains. During normal weather it appears to be slightly better than stock bulbs (Della). Also XP bulbs seems to reflect the roadsigns a lot better. IMHO, Philips XP bulbs are not value for money but it could again be because of some optical mismatch between Indigo's headlamp reflector and the bulb. YMMV.
Old 8th September 2010, 12:59   #4239
BHPian

quadra, comments inline.

Quote:
Originally Posted by quadra View Post
Consider Philips 90/100 as a brighter & more powerful version of the stock lights.

I will not consider Hella 90/100 as 'natural light'. There are more 'yellow', very similar to Fog lights.
More, much more
Used the same relay kit and just replaced the bulbs. Replacing the right side bulb is easy DIY, for the left side, a 10/11 spanner is required.
130 or 135 Rs
Do post your updates in the thread .
Old 8th September 2010, 19:55   #4240
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Digital Vampire View Post
I've been having Philips XP bulbs in my Indigo for ~1 year now. I find the illumination hopelessly inadequate during heavy rains.
I have also observed the same, although was a little skeptical thinking it might just be my perception. This year, it has rained heavily in Delhi & I have not found the XPs any good in the rains. The stock Halonix were better.

I wonder how people, who have Philips Blue Vision or Diamond Vision, are managing driving in rains when the XPs are "hopeless"

Drive safe.
Old 13th September 2010, 18:08   #4241
BHPian

Hey, I just wanted to know where in delhi i could get a pair of replacement H4 HID bulbs, Preferably 6000k. i would also like to know if anybody knows the type of bulbs in the new Alto k 10 fog-lights.. i have the HID kit for the fogs lying with me but no bulbs. All the knowledge is appreciated.
Old 14th September 2010, 00:01   #4242
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by lilMonSter View Post
Hey, I just wanted to know where in delhi i could get a pair of replacement H4 HID bulbs, Preferably 6000k. i would also like to know if anybody knows the type of bulbs in the new Alto k 10 fog-lights.. i have the HID kit for the fogs lying with me but no bulbs. All the knowledge is appreciated.
Hey there,

If you are looking for a Philips, then you can either visit Kashmere Gate where the distributor is located, you can get his details from the website. Or I can help you with another guy who has his shop around Lajpat Nagar.

For Chinese stuff, you can visit Karol Bagh. If you plan to go this route, maybe we can tie up

Drive safe, take care.
Old 14th September 2010, 02:37   #4243
BHPian

I have a problem with my Bolero's parking lights, the small bulbs that come at the corner of the DI's headlights. Since I have HID for the headlights I have replaced the original yellow parking bulbs with white ones and they keep getting fried.

Any thoughts on what kind of bulbs to get and where in Hyderabad?
Old 14th September 2010, 04:28   #4244
BHPian

Fiesta HeadLight

Can anyone help me with the Fiesta Headlight upgrade. I am finding the stock headlights to be very underpowered, and would like to change with something like 90/100.

Is it feasible for Fiesta? Also heard a rumor that since the headlight cover in fiesta is plastic, there is a chance that it will eventually melt under the upgrade to a higher wattage.

Can anyone advice me with the details, like which bulbs (I am looking for a direct upgrade, dont need HIDs or white lights), what wattage, can it be done, how can it be done (relays and stuff), showroom is not doing it, so where to in bangalore, cost is of no matter.

Awaiting your valuable replies
Old 14th September 2010, 09:39   #4245
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by backrub View Post
Can anyone help me with the Fiesta Headlight upgrade. I am finding the stock headlights to be very underpowered, and would like to change with something like 90/100.

Is it feasible for Fiesta? Also heard a rumor that since the headlight cover in fiesta is plastic, there is a chance that it will eventually melt under the upgrade to a higher wattage.

Can anyone advice me with the details, like which bulbs (I am looking for a direct upgrade, dont need HIDs or white lights), what wattage, can it be done, how can it be done (relays and stuff), showroom is not doing it, so where to in bangalore, cost is of no matter.

Awaiting your valuable replies
It's definitely possible. I know that Fiesta's stock HL's are underpowered. It's true that using higher rated bulbs in the long run will eventually burn your HL's.

I had used higher rated bulbs before and now use HID's. I can definitely feel the difference. The amount of heat produced by higher rated bulbs is tremendous after long drives.

Since you are not looking for HID's, you can try out different brands that use stock wattage. Philips provides many options within this range. Although, you can find tremendous increase in visibility, this would feel much better than the stock bulbs.
Another option is to upgrade the fog lights since it wont get affected quickly when compared to HL's.

Higher rated bulbs will cost you around 1.2k which includes bulbs, relay, wiring. Stock wattage will not need extra relay.

As for the brand, Philips is always better. I had used Osram Cool Blue before.

For the fitment, you can approach any accessories shop in Blore. I would recommend "Sprocket" in Koramangala or Evo near Ulsoor.

Reason for not going for HID's?

Cheers.!

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks