Team-BHP > Modifications & Accessories
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 10th November 2010, 20:12   #4486
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by amit1234singla View Post
I want to upgrade the bulbs on my 10 months old Manza. The stock bulbs are Philips H7 type 55W. There are 4 bulbs in total (2 for high and 2 for low beam). I find the light is pretty insufficient for highway driving. Can I go for Philips H7 90 or 100W? Is yes, can I just change the bulbs or would need to change any wiring/ add relay?

Please advise. Thanks so much in advance.
If you have the budget and since your car has separate hi and lo beam why not upgrade to projectors in the lo beam area . it will really boost the lighting spread as projector spread is very wide . projectors with hid should cost you about 6500-7000 + installation fee of about 500-1000 .

however you want 100w halogen then best to use relay for max performance .
Old 11th November 2010, 09:27   #4487
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by naveen.raju View Post
Congrats. Glad to hear that everything went well. Yes, I have heard of headlight focusing equipments. But didnt expect them to be here in India. Anyways, congrats. Now expecting some pics of your headlights in action

Cheers.!
It is available in most of the auth service centres . It is just that we do not care much about headlight alignment. Check with your A.S.S. during next service.
Old 11th November 2010, 09:49   #4488
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by shyamhegde View Post
It is available in most of the auth service centres . It is just that we do not care much about headlight alignment. Check with your A.S.S. during next service.
I had taken it first to Whitefield Honda and they did not do it, possibly because the fitment was done outside. Also, for the Civic, the alignment is not easy beacuse of the difficulty in access to the alignment screws. They need some reason not to do it.
And I asked them how they do it, they just pointed to a line on the wall, they did not seem to have any equipment.
Old 11th November 2010, 09:54   #4489
Distinguished - BHPian

Good to hear that.. Will check them next time.. Dude, upload the pics. Want to see your projectors in action.
Old 11th November 2010, 11:31   #4490
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by dinu2506 View Post
I had taken it first to Whitefield Honda and they did not do it, possibly because the fitment was done outside. Also, for the Civic, the alignment is not easy beacuse of the difficulty in access to the alignment screws. They need some reason not to do it.
And I asked them how they do it, they just pointed to a line on the wall, they did not seem to have any equipment.
The place where you got alignment done is the best place so far I have seen. He does it better and helpful in case when such aftermarket fitments, upgraded bulbs need more work to get correct focus. Couple of years back, i had got it done at A1 for Rs. 200 on my Santro.

Just a line on the wall etc. is very crude method. Hope they do not charge for doing it !

Do post some pics for your freinds' benefit here
Old 15th November 2010, 17:43   #4491
BHPian

Philips Rallye H7 in 80 watts only.

Last time I checked out the market place for higher wattage H7 bulbs the best I could get was the Phillips Rallye H7 80watts.

Just check whether the bulbs are driven off relays in the car originally as my car the GTX of last year and the Cruze of this year are fitted with relays straight from the factory. Even my Junkindica of year 2000 vintage is also fitted with relays straight from the factory for the high and low beams.

After market relays would take more load but just check the rating of the relays that come originally with the car. When buying relays try and get hold of the bulky, ugly looking sheet metal clad relays from ROOTS which are used in the commercial vehicle segment by truckers and TAXI drivers who have the 12 volt system on their ride.

Last edited by drpullockaran : 15th November 2010 at 17:45.
Old 17th November 2010, 12:48   #4492
BHPian

Need advice. I am not happy with my chevy captiva hi beams, What can I change this into.Will i I require to change the relays? The car is new and under warranty. Will changing bulbs nullify warranty ?
Old 17th November 2010, 17:13   #4493
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vgsr View Post
Need advice. I am not happy with my chevy captiva hi beams, What can I change this into.Will i I require to change the relays? The car is new and under warranty. Will changing bulbs nullify warranty ?
Changing bulbs wont void the warranty. You can check out Philips bulbs for better visibility. Since these are high beams, you dont need to upgrade to higher wattage.
Old 17th November 2010, 17:37   #4494
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by shyamhegde View Post
The place where you got alignment done is the best place so far I have seen. He does it better and helpful in case when such aftermarket fitments, upgraded bulbs need more work to get correct focus. Couple of years back, i had got it done at A1 for Rs. 200 on my Santro.

Just a line on the wall etc. is very crude method. Hope they do not charge for doing it !

Do post some pics for your freinds' benefit here
Here are some snaps, sorry for the delay
Attached Thumbnails
Auto Lighting thread : Post all queries about automobile lighting here-left_off.jpg  

Auto Lighting thread : Post all queries about automobile lighting here-right_off.jpg  

Auto Lighting thread : Post all queries about automobile lighting here-right_off2.jpg  

Auto Lighting thread : Post all queries about automobile lighting here-front_park.jpg  

Auto Lighting thread : Post all queries about automobile lighting here-left_lo.jpg  

Auto Lighting thread : Post all queries about automobile lighting here-right_lo.jpg  

Auto Lighting thread : Post all queries about automobile lighting here-front_lo.jpg  

Auto Lighting thread : Post all queries about automobile lighting here-front_high.jpg  

Auto Lighting thread : Post all queries about automobile lighting here-side_high.jpg  

Auto Lighting thread : Post all queries about automobile lighting here-night_park.jpg  

Last edited by dinu2506 : 17th November 2010 at 17:40.
Old 17th November 2010, 17:44   #4495
BHPian

Hey Dinu!! Your Civic's looking fabulous with the new eyes!!
Old 17th November 2010, 17:58   #4496
BHPian

Cruze and Captiva.

Quote:
Originally Posted by vgsr View Post
I have the Cruze and you have the Captiva. As far as I know they both share the same engine and the same ECM. Our ECM is the CANBUS variety and hence any change in electrical or electronic components might render that attached part unusable. For example its extremely difficult to fit a normal Xenon HID bulb and ballast in our cars.

Always stick the OEM wattage without relay. Using a relay will trigger a safety off in the ECM and your relay will not get energized the end result being no light at all.
Best of luck with a 35 watt*2 CANBUS HID from Philips which will be released in India by this month end. The light output will be equivalent to 110watt*2 normal halogen bulbs.

Your next best option is to go for Philips X-treme vision and not the old tech Philips X-treme power.

"Philips xtreme vision", a new bulb? - CandlePowerForums
Old 17th November 2010, 18:04   #4497

Estilo headlamp query

i have a zen Estilo. recently i changed my head light from stock to philips 90/100 bulb with a relay and wiring kit.after changing the bulb i tried them at night but to my shock i dint find any difference in the intensity of the light,it was almost as same as the stock bulb.
so can anybody please help me out with this..
Old 18th November 2010, 10:16   #4498
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by dinu2506 View Post
Here are some snaps, sorry for the delay
Hey dinu, excellent pics. Now how about some pics with the lights switched ON showing the low and high beams?
Old 19th November 2010, 17:30   #4499
BHPian

Hi everyone,

I have a doubt regarding the new Ford Fiesta (facelifted) headlamps - is it H1 for high beam and H7 for low beam?

Thank You
Old 21st November 2010, 07:26   #4500
BHPian

Has anyone on this forum had any experience with buying HID headlights (assembled) for bikes like the Faizer from Manjit Suri in Delhi? I was in Delhi last week and visited his shop near Karol Bagh and was impressed with his quality of work. Unfortunately, I couldn't get to see a kit installed on a bike. Is there anyone from Bangalore who has installed this kit from him and wouldn't mind sharing your experience and be willing for a demo.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks