Team-BHP > Modifications & Accessories
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 4th December 2010, 20:07   #4576
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sankar View Post
Does he have H4 HID burners in 4300k?
NO...When I asked for 4300K, he sort of told me to "stop living in the last century" and get a 6000K/8000K...I didn't bother to correct him as he is just flowing with the market requirement. And my friend for whom I purchased these burners for was after those bling 6000K's.
Old 5th December 2010, 11:50   #4577

hey guys,

I live in delhi n own a fiat punto, a first timer to this foggy winter as i have just moved in from chennai, so suggest me alternatives to my stock headlamps, i have no budget limitations. Are Xenons good for extreme fog.

I will frequently be travelling to hill stations so do help ....
Old 5th December 2010, 13:37   #4578
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Nobody View Post
hids will cost around 3800 . or you can also go for hella micro de halogen fog projectors which cost around 4500 . even being halogen they are very good .
3800 for a pair? thats cheap, are these the Chinese made ones? I check with Philips but they retail from 7k onwards which is exorbitant. Since i already have fogs i wouldnt want another housing, was thinking of fixing the aftermarket HID H3 in the OEM housing itself.
Old 5th December 2010, 14:09   #4579

where will i get this neolite fitting for m800 type 2 in mumbai
Attached Thumbnails
Auto Lighting thread : Post all queries about automobile lighting here-neo_755_lr.jpg  

Old 5th December 2010, 21:07   #4580
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by motomaverick View Post
3800 for a pair? thats cheap, are these the Chinese made ones? I check with Philips but they retail from 7k onwards which is exorbitant. Since i already have fogs i wouldnt want another housing, was thinking of fixing the aftermarket HID H3 in the OEM housing itself.
yes philips are 7800 + rs . 3800 ones are chinese good quality ones . chinese does not mean bad quality . philips also has a plant in china . same factories produce variety of hid kit like philips ,osram ,hella in same place . however be careful in buying chinese hids as most dealers in india get the 2500 rs chinese hids and sell them for 4000-5000 and even claim these to be good quality etc . try getting the latest type ballasts that are slim type and use AC technology . cnlight brand chinese hids are very good , me n my friends have been using for 1-1.5 years. cnlight ballasts have its brand on them and their bulbs come in a clear protective tape with white foam around it like philips while other brand bulbs have a xenon vision or simlar type sticker on the bulb case .

the hella micro de even being halogen has a very good spread and even beam as they are projectors .plus no glare to others and cheap to maintain as halogen bulbs only 100rs each while if chinese hid fails after warranty then 750-1000 rs expense for sure .will even enhance looks of your car as even hondas dont have projector fog lamps . take your pick !

Last edited by Mr. Nobody : 5th December 2010 at 21:13.
Old 5th December 2010, 23:15   #4581
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Nobody View Post
yes philips are 7800 + rs . 3800 ones are chinese good quality ones . chinese does not mean bad quality . philips also has a plant in china . same factories produce variety of hid kit like philips ,osram ,hella in same place . however be careful in buying chinese hids as most dealers in india get the 2500 rs chinese hids and sell them for 4000-5000 and even claim these to be good quality etc . try getting the latest type ballasts that are slim type and use AC technology . cnlight brand chinese hids are very good , me n my friends have been using for 1-1.5 years. cnlight ballasts have its brand on them and their bulbs come in a clear protective tape with white foam around it like philips while other brand bulbs have a xenon vision or simlar type sticker on the bulb case .

the hella micro de even being halogen has a very good spread and even beam as they are projectors .plus no glare to others and cheap to maintain as halogen bulbs only 100rs each while if chinese hid fails after warranty then 750-1000 rs expense for sure .will even enhance looks of your car as even hondas dont have projector fog lamps . take your pick !
Ok thanks for the info, this cnlight is available at any auto accessories shop? I know chinese have different brand names all together and its pretty tough to recognize the good ones from the bad.

I would be going with the HID option as I already have the fogs in place and buying another set would not be prudent.
Old 6th December 2010, 00:47   #4582
Distinguished - BHPian

Hi, I also need to get a pair of cheap Neolite or Autopal auxiliary lights to fit to my Aveo. Any ideas where I can buy them in Bangalore?

Last edited by itwasntme : 6th December 2010 at 00:48. Reason: Typo
Old 6th December 2010, 02:20   #4583
Senior - BHPian

Where can I find LED bulbs for brake light, turn signal etc? Anybody running these?
Old 6th December 2010, 12:13   #4584
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by patriot1947 View Post
hey guys,

I live in delhi n own a fiat punto, a first timer to this foggy winter as i have just moved in from chennai, so suggest me alternatives to my stock headlamps, i have no budget limitations. Are Xenons good for extreme fog.

I will frequently be travelling to hill stations so do help ....
Since you are looking for max visibility during foggy conditions, I would suggest getting 3000k color temp HID's.
Old 6th December 2010, 12:28   #4585
BHPian

Off Road Lights for Endy

Hello,

We have a Endy and wanted to install the off-roader lights (4 lights) planning to fix in on top of the carrier.

Could you please advise/suggest some good models and make and cost if possible.

Budget is a constraint but again depends on the product.

Many Thanks!!!
Old 6th December 2010, 13:16   #4586
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by parashakthi View Post
Hello,

We have a Endy and wanted to install the off-roader lights (4 lights) planning to fix in on top of the carrier.

Could you please advise/suggest some good models and make and cost if possible.

Budget is a constraint but again depends on the product.

Many Thanks!!!
You can go for Hella Rallye 3000 , hella 4000 or Lightforce 240 blitz. The hellas are bit bulky weighing around 4kg wheres Light force weighs just .75Kg . Hella retails for 9k for 3000 series, 12k for 4000 series and 24k odd for Lightforce in Bangalore.

The Hella 3000 series come with 55 watt bulb whereas 4000 and Light force comes with 100 watts bulb. I got Lightforce blitz and the wiring kit from US for roughly 12k.

You can buy Hella online here Shop4Hella.com - AUXILLIARY LIGHTS

cheers
Old 6th December 2010, 13:21   #4587
BHPian

Thanks a lot bkishore...

If i do online purchase, i do not get the warranty!!?!!

Any place you would suggest in Bangalore???
Old 6th December 2010, 13:49   #4588
BHPian

Any suggestion for the Estilo Headlamps apart from Xenon. Using Philips 100/90 currently with a relay.

Wanted to know if I can use projectors on them replacing the complete head lamp assey
Old 6th December 2010, 14:09   #4589
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by parashakthi View Post
Thanks a lot bkishore...

If i do online purchase, i do not get the warranty!!?!!

Any place you would suggest in Bangalore???
I had no intentions to buy this in Bangalore so I inquired over the phone with few car accessory shops.
I would suggest you get this from US if you have any contacts. The Hella 4000 used to retail for 120$/piece which is equal to the Light force price in US. So I opted for Lightforce.
You can check for Lightforce at
Kumar'sAutomobiles & Agencies
"Rajarajeshwari", No. 2836, 5th Main, 2nd Stage, Banashankari, Bangalore - 560070 Tel:080 - 32405184

cheers
Old 6th December 2010, 14:15   #4590
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nomadabhi View Post
Any suggestion for the Estilo Headlamps apart from Xenon. Using Philips 100/90 currently with a relay.

Wanted to know if I can use projectors on them replacing the complete head lamp assey
Yes, you can fit projectors onto your existing head assembly but that would require some skilled technician. This is because there are no after market projector units for Estilo.

You had mentioned you didnt want to go for xenon. Are you planning to use normal bulbs in projectors? Well, I wouldn't recommend that since the output wouldn't be great as expected. I had personally tried many light options before in my Swift/

1) OEM headlights
2) 55w Bulbs
3) 90/100w Osram bulbs
4) Projectors with normal halogen bulbs
5) And currently, Projectors with HIDs

HID's are meant to be used with projectors. They provide the best visibility. Although, it comes at a price, the end result is worth every penny. The only thing you have to see is to find that perfect mechanic who can custom fit the projectors. I didnt have any problem since there are many after market projector headlights for Swift nowadays.

I think you can easily find these guys in Mumbai itself, else check out performance zone in Delhi. They are into projector lights for almost all the cars.

Cheers.
Naveen

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks