Re: Auto Lighting thread : Post all queries about automobile lighting here

So what brands are available for 4300K bulbs. Looking for a drop in replacement
Old 6th April 2011, 12:05   #4892
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mortis View Post
So what brands are available for 4300K bulbs. Looking for a drop in replacement
Am not sure Philips is available, but you can check it out. Then you have P8, Osram, Auto Gauge. I use Auto gauge 4300k HID's on my Swift
Old 7th April 2011, 17:21   #4893
BHPian

Auto Lighting thread : Post all queries about automobile lighting here-tataindigoheadlight.jpg

I want to highlight the top portion (shown with arrow) of my indigo headlight. What I want is that when I switch on the parking lights, the top portion should look more brighter/prominent (same colour, no blue-pink etc). A 'string of pearls' set of LED lights was my first thought, but then it might look like a cheap Audi look-alike (I've seen a couple of indica taxis like that) and is also difficult to execute. I'm now thinking about a single LED light, side-facing (as shown below). What else can be done?

Name:  Untitled.png
Views: 1183
Size:  6.1 KB
Old 7th April 2011, 17:24   #4894

Hi friends, need a favor, could anyone please tell me if there is any technical difficulty in fitting Xenon kit for i10 Era ?? I am planning to upgrade my i10 era headlamps with 55W 8000K Bi Xenons, any suggestions or tips would be most welcome.

Thanks
Old 7th April 2011, 17:56   #4895
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by EvilxKnievil View Post
Hi friends, need a favor, could anyone please tell me if there is any technical difficulty in fitting Xenon kit for i10 Era ?? I am planning to upgrade my i10 era headlamps with 55W 8000K Bi Xenons, any suggestions or tips would be most welcome.

Thanks
Hope you are not talking about projectors. There are no technical difficulties in fitting HID's. The kit consists of a pair of HID bulbs, a pair of ballast and wiring kit. Make sure to install the ballast kit properly onto the engine bay.

Are you sure you want to go for 8000k HIDs? It will be blue/purple in color. I would suggest 4300k or 6000k if you want the pure white light.
Old 7th April 2011, 22:13   #4896
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by naveen.raju View Post
Hope you are not talking about projectors. There are no technical difficulties in fitting HID's. The kit consists of a pair of HID bulbs, a pair of ballast and wiring kit. Make sure to install the ballast kit properly onto the engine bay.

Are you sure you want to go for 8000k HIDs? It will be blue/purple in color. I would suggest 4300k or 6000k if you want the pure white light.
Naveen, I10 head lamp replacement is not an easy job like other cars as the space behind the HL assembly is very limited AFAIK. Haven't come across any I10 with Hids so far.Its better to consult with a good accessory shop to make sure this as the HID bulb is slightly bigger than normal bulbs.
Old 8th April 2011, 10:02   #4897
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sajjt View Post
Naveen, I10 head lamp replacement is not an easy job like other cars as the space behind the HL assembly is very limited AFAIK. Haven't come across any I10 with Hids so far.Its better to consult with a good accessory shop to make sure this as the HID bulb is slightly bigger than normal bulbs.
Thanks for the info. Didnt know that these had a problem. I have in fact seen one i10 in Cochin with HID's. Might have had hard time installing them
Old 8th April 2011, 12:49   #4898
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sajjt View Post
My friend's i10 had HIDs installed (not on projectors though) but have stocks now as the ballast gave up. The ballast went bad after a service and Kun Hyundai guys replaced the HID bulb with stock bulb in no time in front of me.

Spoken to a few accessory shops to get the HID back on and no one has mentioned any issues with fitting on an i10.
Old 8th April 2011, 14:28   #4899
BHPian

I just managed to locate an authorized dealer in Mumbai for OSRAM through their distribution network. I will meet them this weekend to buy nightbreaker for my TJet. Will post the address after i meet them and confirm that they are indeed authorized dealers.
Old 8th April 2011, 16:22   #4900
BHPian

Has anyone had any experience in using Nightbreaker Plus 60/55? Are they better than the OE ones. I am specifically looking at i20's replacement. I never knew 100/90 are not road legal !!
Old 8th April 2011, 19:56   #4901
Senior - BHPian

Kalpesh, I am using Nightbreaker 60/55 on my i20 and have NEVER faced any issues so far. Its been more than a year now and still going strong! Much better than stock bulbs. Go for it!
Old 8th April 2011, 20:10   #4902
BHPian

Is it advisable to use HID without projector setup? I belive the light throw will not be as good as with projector lense and is it street legal without a projector?
Old 8th April 2011, 20:46   #4903
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by asdon View Post
Is it advisable to use HID without projector setup? I belive the light throw will not be as good as with projector lense and is it street legal without a projector?
NO, Unless you want to become an irresponsible motorist blinding everyone coming in the opposite lane with unreasonable glare and also put your life at risk as well.

PS: There are HID's designed for use in reflectors. They are the D2R types but your reflector should also be designed to take a D2R burner.
Old 9th April 2011, 08:53   #4904
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by asdon View Post
It is not recommended. This is because the light will blind other motorists and most of the light will be wasted as there will be lot of scattering.
Old 11th April 2011, 12:14   #4905
BHPian

Anybody using the recently launched Osram Nightbreaker plus bulbs? Heard the spread and intensity is improved from the older lot. Also got to know you can get them for approx 800/pair from an authorised distributor here in Delhi.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks