Team-BHP > Modifications & Accessories
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 10th May 2011, 12:58   #5026
BHPian

Re: Auto Lighting thread : Post all queries about automobile lighting here

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Nobody View Post
best is to use butyl rubber sealent thats used by company to seal the headlight .
Any idea where to buy it and more importantly what to ask for?
I've asked for Butyl Rubber at a few places in Bangalore and mentioned HL Sealing and Glass Sealing as the purpose, but didn't get the desired response or product. Finally used Silicone Glass Sealant and it is holding up well.
Old 10th May 2011, 13:08   #5027
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by naveen.raju View Post
I got the Silicon gel from Malaysia. In Cochin there's Emperor. These guys also used silicon gel when I went to clean the first time.

Naveen, you'll get any kind of sealants from Popular mill stores. Most of the silicone sealants are imported from China or Korea.
Old 10th May 2011, 13:59   #5028
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by tathagata View Post
Here are the upgraded light Pics.
Hi,

Here is how Philips Crystal vision looks.

In total darkness the bright white light lights up everything around, but for city conditions its not that great.
Small clip taken from the dash board cam.

Old 10th May 2011, 14:33   #5029
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mayankk View Post
i'cve already thanked you for the post, as getting it apart is the main problem.
(I had read of people popping it in heat based ovens, and using that to loosen the sealant, but rudimentary measurements of the headlight and the oven ruled that out.)

Howver, i wanted to ask, he's used fevicol to fit it together?
is that advisable for longevity?
I am looking up directions for tikona market as we speak, though.
do you have any other contact info for the guy?
Hey Mayank, Yes I specifically asked him why he using fevicol, he said , he is using as sealant. What I did apart from that after reaching hom I applied Silicon Gel using Silica gun on top of that. While coming from Delhi, Cross Badarpur border, then Badkhal Chownk, and take right at Ajronda chownk and go straight after Neelam chownk ask for anyone about Tikona Park. At left there will be ground and lots of car accessories shop. That shop is a corner shop near a wheel alignment shop. You give me call. I PMed my no
mandyrana is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 10th May 2011, 16:25   #5030
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mandyrana View Post
Hey Mayank, Yes I specifically asked him why he using fevicol, he said , he is using as sealant.
Hi Mandyrana,
Fevicol is a cellulose based adhevsive and it water soluble. Though it doesnt readily absorb water like gum, yet it does.
You can drop a lump of dried up fevicol in a mug of water and check for yourselves after a couple of hours. The dropped lump would have turned soft. Noticed this when I once decorated my aquarium with shells bonded with fevicol. From the next day onwards the shells started to move along with the water waves.
I personally wouldnt recommend fevicol for this application.
Old 11th May 2011, 14:11   #5031
BHPian

I have upgraded my Scorpio Headlamp bulbs with 100/90 Hella bulb , however the low beam is prefect covering around 30-40mts, High beam is okish with average visibility . Now i want to add Aux lamp mounted on a DIY fabricated unibar ( my scorp doesnot sport a bullbar).Have shortlisted Hella 700 FF / Rallye 1000 Black & 3000 . which would be a perfect fit and also can the H1 12v bulb be upgraded to 100w. any user review would be helpful.

I am looking for alteast 100mts of perfect illumination .
Old 11th May 2011, 15:21   #5032
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rm_arjuna View Post
Now i want to add Aux lamp mounted on a DIY fabricated unibar ( my scorp doesnot sport a bullbar).Have shortlisted Hella 700 FF / Rallye 1000 Black & 3000 . which would be a perfect fit and also can the H1 12v bulb be upgraded to 100w. any user review would be helpful.
I had Rallye 1000 series on my swift for a very short time. It actually came with 100W bulbs and used to light up the nights like a day. And I was told that even 700 FF could be replaced by 100W. But the heat also will be on a higher side with the 100W bulb. As far as I know, 1000 & 2000 series are out of production, could you confirm this?

Please check the below two links in t-bhp itself.

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/4x4-ex...-off-road.html

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/test-d...ml#post2329509

The first one has a Safari with the aux lights installed on the bumper itself. Incidentally this Safari is also owned by a bhpian and you could ping him to get the details of the install.

The second one has an installation done on a unibar - please PM the guy for more information.

The below two links are for anti-theft barri nuts - you might want to take a look at those as well.

Barri Nut -- EE -- Expedition Exchange Incorporated

Driving Light Anti Theft Locks

Quote:
I believe Rallye 1000 have a range of 500 meters [.5 kms] of illumination

Would be nice if you could update this thread with pics & details once you install this.

Last edited by swiftnfurious : 11th May 2011 at 15:24.
Old 11th May 2011, 15:33   #5033
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rm_arjuna View Post
I have upgraded my Scorpio Headlamp bulbs with 100/90 Hella bulb , however the low beam is prefect covering around 30-40mts, High beam is okish with average visibility . Now i want to add Aux lamp mounted on a DIY fabricated unibar ( my scorp doesnot sport a bullbar).Have shortlisted Hella 700 FF / Rallye 1000 Black & 3000 . which would be a perfect fit and also can the H1 12v bulb be upgraded to 100w. any user review would be helpful.

Hella Rally series will the best bet for long throw and visibility.

Hella Rally 4000 which is almost the same size of FF 700 but with a better beam throw.

Auto Lighting thread : Post all queries about automobile lighting here-large_1366.jpg Auto Lighting thread : Post all queries about automobile lighting here-1366_dia.jpg

Auto Lighting thread : Post all queries about automobile lighting here-1366isoluxnew.jpg

Last edited by sajjt : 11th May 2011 at 15:37.
Old 11th May 2011, 15:41   #5034
Senior - BHPian

Re: Hella 700FF, Hella 3003 or Hella 4000FF

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chevy_lover View Post
Folks,

I have two pairs of Hella 500 Comet projectors in my Tavera. I am planning to upgrade two of them to either Hella 3003 or Hella 4000FF. I am also considering Hella 700FF. I intend to keep two of the existing Hella 500 Comets for low beam and city driving.

I need the Hella 3003 or the Hella 4000FF for highways, to be used along with my high beams. I am not considering Lightforce.

What would you guys suggest??
Dear Team, after some research, my final choice will be either a Hella 3003 or a Hella 700 FF.

Can anyone tell me which of these will give a better throw?
Old 11th May 2011, 15:46   #5035
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mandyrana View Post
Hey Mayank, Yes I specifically asked him why he using fevicol, he said , he is using as sealant. What I did apart from that after reaching hom I applied Silicon Gel using Silica gun on top of that. While coming from Delhi, Cross Badarpur border, then Badkhal Chownk, and take right at Ajronda chownk and go straight after Neelam chownk ask for anyone about Tikona Park. At left there will be ground and lots of car accessories shop. That shop is a corner shop near a wheel alignment shop. You give me call. I PMed my no
I guess its Fevibond, brown colour synthetic rubber based adhesive comes in small tubes which is not soluble in water.
Old 11th May 2011, 19:19   #5036
Senior - BHPian

I am planning upgrade my Punto's headlights. I have almost made up my mind on going for Osram NB+ H4 and H7 for fogs. Can anyone suggest me some dealers in Chennai with the contact information?
Old 11th May 2011, 19:40   #5037
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by hemanth.anand View Post
One quickie.
I've decided to buy Philips diamond vision (12342DV) for my Punto 1.2E
Thery are H4 bulbs.

Where in Bangalore can I get it and what might be the approximate cost?
Any contacts would help.

Tomorrow I'm planning some modifications for my car and I want to buy this tomorrow
Try the Philips Xtreme Vision 100+, which I recently picked up from AK Traders on JC road for my Baleno, and they are a world apart compared to the Philips Vision 50+, which I used earlier on my Verna. You can get it per piece and it costed me Rs.900/- for 2 bulbs.
Old 12th May 2011, 09:03   #5038
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rameshnanda View Post
I am planning upgrade my Punto's headlights. I have almost made up my mind on going for Osram NB+ H4 and H7 for fogs. Can anyone suggest me some dealers in Chennai with the contact information?
In my user manual, the lamp type for the fog lamps is mentioned as H1(55W)...Please check this. Or is it different for the 90HP??
Old 12th May 2011, 10:10   #5039
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by hemanth.anand View Post
In my user manual, the lamp type for the fog lamps is mentioned as H1(55W)...Please check this. Or is it different for the 90HP??
You are right Hemanth. It has to be H1 for fog. That was my typo .
Old 12th May 2011, 11:15   #5040
Senior - BHPian

After reading lot of reviews, now I am confused between Philips Xtreme Vision (+100% light - Claimed) and Ostram Night Breaker Plus (+90% - Claimed). Can any of the gurus throw some light on which would be better on the Highway?

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks