Team-BHP > Modifications & Accessories

Search this Thread
Old 3rd December 2011, 20:11   #5701
gpa
Senior - BHPian

Re: Auto Lighting thread : Post all queries about automobile lighting here

Quote:
Originally Posted by kap04 View Post
Called them a while back. They say they would only get the X-treme Vision bulbs by mid week.
Thanks for the update. Do you want to go there together and get a pair together? We can push for a discount as well
Old 4th December 2011, 00:36   #5702
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Team1 View Post
Thanks - teampbhp forum is an ocean and if you can quickly provide me the link, i will be really greatful.
Here is the link mate.

http://classifieds.team-bhp.com/buy-...ning-LED.html/
Old 4th December 2011, 00:59   #5703
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by naveen.raju View Post
Thanks for the link. That's deadly cheap. Wish they had more products. Anybody have experience shopping from them?
I know him, he is an electrical engineer IIRC, but no idea about the quality & specs. Will ask him for some spread shots. Some time back his listing was in TBHP classifieds.

Last edited by sajjt : 4th December 2011 at 01:01.
sajjt is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 4th December 2011, 11:18   #5704
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by gpa View Post
Thanks for the update. Do you want to go there together and get a pair together? We can push for a discount as well
Sure, lets go together this week sometime. I'll PM you soon.
Old 5th December 2011, 13:01   #5705
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sajjt View Post
I know him, he is an electrical engineer IIRC, but no idea about the quality & specs. Will ask him for some spread shots. Some time back his listing was in TBHP classifieds.
Got the reply, he doesn't have the pics of beam spreads at the moment. Happy news is he's going to import Hella 3" & 4" p4rojectors very soon, so all of us can order the same with peace of mind as its from Hella

Part of the email from him: ".......But G3 with 55 watts is good. But G5 with 55watts is better than G3 when it comes to focus in high beam. But iam going to import true 3",4",3" hella. G3 is cheap and best, as true 3",4",hella will not fit for many cars. I will tell you once i get other projectors."

Hope this helps

Last edited by sajjt : 5th December 2011 at 13:02.
sajjt is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 6th December 2011, 23:04   #5706
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Renjith Rajan View Post
@Anupam, I bought it from "Roots Auto World" Thripunithura. Found them from Hella India : Dealer Locator
Thankz for the info bro. Can you PM me your Email Id?
Old 7th December 2011, 09:58   #5707
BHPian

Has anybody here done a Philips Xtreme Vision or power2night bulbs on a Laura with projector lamps. Tried doing a search but couldnt get the answer.
I was contemplating doing this for short term and then weighing my options in going in for a 90/100W bulb b=down the line.
Old 9th December 2011, 17:38   #5708
BHPian

Apart from illuminating the road and looking good on our cars, are there specific purpose for each type of light?

Hella has some 30 different lights: Hella India | Aftermarket
Lightforce: Driving Lights

Which light should I buy?
(Not the brand and of course I understand the budget matters) but:

- size of the unit
- the bulb
- power consumption
- wiring & mods required (will it impact vehicle warranty)
- light cast (narrow/wide)
- safety of the unit (I have to park my vehicle out side for some more time during the night)
- what else to consider and why?

Last edited by ajitkumarlb : 9th December 2011 at 17:44. Reason: added additional point
Old 12th December 2011, 06:29   #5709
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mayankk View Post
low still sucks.
its, well, quite bad, actually.
Im just glad to see someone else with the same opinion.

Tweak coming up next month, by way of bixenons.....
got a quote for a full setup for roundabout 13k.
Hello Mayankk and other Experts in the forum

I have a Fiesta 1.6 Sxi and would like to upgrade the headlamps. I am pretty okay for driving within the city but want to be better illuminated for highways especially since am planning for a 2000km long trip coming January.

Based on this:
1) What does 100/90W etc mean? Pretty new to all these stuff so if you can explain in simple terms that'll be great

2) Should I go for a Halogen upgrade - Approx exp for Fiesta?

3) What about HIDs - how expensive can this affair be?

4) How to ensure that battery is in good condition and can withstand the additional load?

Thanks in advance
Old 13th December 2011, 00:42   #5710
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tassem

Adi, Sandeep Chawla is a Philips distributor in Bangalore and has stock of 4200K HID Lamps.

If anybody you know is still looking for the same, Sandeep can be reached on 080-26708097. If I remember correctly, the kit costs 8k with bill and warranty.
I checked with Sandeep but he doesnt have any stocks of 4200k in fact he said philips isnt makin any for Indian market and Laura which is H7 in low beam. Any other source?
Old 13th December 2011, 01:35   #5711
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by spiritofdriving View Post
Hello Mayankk and other Experts in the forum

I have a Fiesta 1.6 Sxi and would like to upgrade the headlamps. I am pretty okay for driving within the city but want to be better illuminated for highways especially since am planning for a 2000km long trip coming January.

Based on this:
1) What does 100/90W etc mean? Pretty new to all these stuff so if you can explain in simple terms that'll be great - It means that low beam wattage/ high beam wattage. Typically the lights will be 55/55 (OEM). 100/90 are an increase and you WILL have to put a harness extension with relay for the additional load.

2) Should I go for a Halogen upgrade - Approx exp for Fiesta? - Halogen upgrade means two options you can either put in Osram Nightbreakers/ Philips XtremeVision which are a plug and play option (no relay/ wiring change) as they are same wattage. Or you can go for a higher wattage bulb (100/90, 65/65, etc). But please remember whatever the fitter says, you will have to put in a new wiring harness and relay (try to get branded stuff like Minda). Nightbreakers will be 1000 bucks. Harness+relay+high wattage bulbs upwards of 2000.

3) What about HIDs - how expensive can this affair be? - Not advised unless you are also putting in projectors. With the regular reflectors will just give you white light but not a good beam spread.

4) How to ensure that battery is in good condition and can withstand the additional load? - As long as you put in a good harnesss and relays, you dont really need to worry about the battery so much. Unless you plan to leave the headlights on with the engine off.

Thanks in advance
My responses are all in bold. Others on the forum will also chip in!

Last edited by torquecurve : 13th December 2011 at 01:36.
torquecurve is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 13th December 2011, 02:46   #5712
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by torquecurve View Post
My responses are all in bold. Others on the forum will also chip in!
Thank You TorqueCurve. That was informative.

Also putting in projectors I suppose will cost a bomb! - So by the sound of it, I think Ill stick to a Halogen upgrade unless someone advises about HID! White light is quite fancy

I am yet to check the manual to know my current bulb's Wattage. Mine is a second hand car, so unsure if the previous owner had changed bulbs. Might have to take it to a workshop to get it checked.

Any trusted place in Pune where I can check for prices and eventually get these done?
Old 13th December 2011, 09:57   #5713
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:

Also putting in projectors I suppose will cost a bomb! - So by the sound of it, I think Ill stick to a Halogen upgrade unless someone advises about HID! White light is quite fancy

I am yet to check the manual to know my current bulb's Wattage. Mine is a second hand car, so unsure if the previous owner had changed bulbs. Might have to take it to a workshop to get it checked.

Any trusted place in Pune where I can check for prices and eventually get these done?
I think TorqueCurve answered all your questions. Some from my end.
HID's are best suited with projectors. Wont work well on OEM reflectors. If you are looking for the "bing" factor only you can go for it. Also, as you had mentioned white light is quite fancy but offers less visibility. For the best visibility range, you need to go for 4300k bulbs. This is the color temp and k is "kelvin". The lower it is, the better visibility. The white light bulbs will be 6000k bulbs.

Yes, incorporating projectors will be expensive but offers very good visibility. Here are the split ups.

100/90w bulbs - around 1.2k
HID's - 6 to 10k
Projectors - 10k

If you going for higher rated bulbs (anything above 55w), you need to use relays, ceramic holders, proper wiring kit.
naveen.raju is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 13th December 2011, 10:00   #5714
BHPian

Quote:

Hi,
I got mine from New car world at Nashik Phata. I found this guy quite competitive.
Nicky is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 13th December 2011, 13:25   #5715

All,

I have ordered this lights from amazon.com
Amazon.com: Optilux H71010321 Model 2020 12V Black Dual Beam Halogen Fog/Driving Lamp Kit: Automotive

1. Do i need a relay, wiring etc.
2. Can i go for a replacement bulb, or should i stick with what come OOB
3. Please let me know where can i get this fitted in Bangalore. This will go on Figo.
4. Also suggest the wiring part(i already have fog lamp, so should i use the same wire which goes to fog lamp)

Regards,
Darshan
Attached Thumbnails
Auto Lighting thread : Post all queries about automobile lighting here-41ouoh1fxkl._ss400_.jpg  

Most Viewed