Team-BHP > Modifications & Accessories
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 13th December 2011, 18:18   #5716
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: Auto Lighting thread : Post all queries about automobile lighting here

Quote:
Originally Posted by naveen.raju View Post
I think TorqueCurve answered all your questions. Some from my end.
HID's are best suited with projectors. Wont work well on OEM reflectors. If you are looking for the "bing" factor only you can go for it. Also, as you had mentioned white light is quite fancy but offers less visibility. For the best visibility range, you need to go for 4300k bulbs. This is the color temp and k is "kelvin". The lower it is, the better visibility. The white light bulbs will be 6000k bulbs.

Yes, incorporating projectors will be expensive but offers very good visibility. Here are the split ups.

100/90w bulbs - around 1.2k
HID's - 6 to 10k
Projectors - 10k

If you going for higher rated bulbs (anything above 55w), you need to use relays, ceramic holders, proper wiring kit.

+1 to all, and what Torque has said.
Plus, i dont know about anyplace else, but delhi is challaning bigh beam riders to the max!!
why this is relevant is cos of something i saw yesterday.
A guy with HID-reflector combination.
He was arguing FURIOUSLY that its not high beam, it was low beam.
"Ye "special" bulb hai!!"
(its a "special" bulb)
Didnt see him get away till i was there
Old 13th December 2011, 18:24   #5717
BHPian

Guys, I have a question (it might be a very stupid one as I am new to the lighting area)! If I have halogen projectors fitted on my car can I replace the halogen bulb with an HID?
I really want to fit projectors on my car but the original ones come with a halogen bulb and I want to replace the halogen bulb with an HID. Is this possible?
Thanks in advance!
Old 13th December 2011, 21:53   #5718
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by carfreak77
Guys, I have a question (it might be a very stupid one as I am new to the lighting area)! If I have halogen projectors fitted on my car can I replace the halogen bulb with an HID?
I really want to fit projectors on my car but the original ones come with a halogen bulb and I want to replace the halogen bulb with an HID. Is this possible?
Thanks in advance!
Hi.... Yes you can fit them. Hope you know that HID come with ballasts too, they're not just plug n play.
Old 13th December 2011, 23:48   #5719
BHPian

Yesterday my A-star's right head lamp conked. On my way back from work saw this shop called Torque in the Indiranagar - Jeevanbheema nagar junction. Stopped and enquired with proprietor Pavandeep who was all enthu and kind enough to know my priorities and suggest appropriate lamps. Since I was unhappy with the standard lamps due to poor illumination I chose 90/100 w Hella lamps with cutout relay. Total cost Rs.1750/-job done in 10 mins. Happy with the reach & illumination now.
Old 14th December 2011, 12:55   #5720
Senior - BHPian

Anybody know where I can get a 4300k Philips HID H7 for Laura Low Beam. I am in Ahmedabad. Nobody yet has been able to source it for me. PM me details if anyone has any.
Old 14th December 2011, 19:59   #5721
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by adi_petrolhead View Post
Anybody know where I can get a 4300k Philips HID H7 for Laura Low Beam. I am in Ahmedabad. Nobody yet has been able to source it for me. PM me details if anyone has any.
i had been trying HID h7 4300k for my tata aria low beam projectors, but i was not able to find any dealer stocking them here in mumbai, even sending email to philips india was not much of help. I had option of getting one from international dealer, but price point was the deal breaker (more than 250$ + 75$ in shipping)

on some research, i found that P8 does supply 4300k h7 kits, on further checking with some friends and online search, i was very much convinced about the quality and went ahead and purchased them for 6.5k with installation. Installation is straight forward plug & play without cutting any wires.

I have been using them for a month now without any problem. Light is bright white with tint of yellow, they look much like Osram Night Breakers Plus halogen high beam i have installed. Beam spread is great and i feel much more confident in driving at night on highways.

Last edited by devenashani : 14th December 2011 at 20:04.
Old 14th December 2011, 22:47   #5722
BHPian

Finally have something substantial to contribute :)

Have been following this thread for a long-long time .
But never really had anything to contribute to this thread , but finally here is something that i would like to share.

The current setup that im running is nothing to write home about to be honest , but it does the job well

The bulbs that i am using are Phillips Essential Vision 90/100 W .
Reason i had chosen them over extreme vision or any other bulbs was that i wanted :-
1) 90/100 W bulbs.
2) I didn't want them to be yellow , but wanted a touch of white .

So i was left with the essential vision which i have been using for more than an year now .
And they are amazing to say the least . However once due to a faulty relay they did get fused , but other than that its been a nice experience with Phillips .

The pilot bulbs are also Phillips and are blue in color .

But the bug for something new did bite me again today and of i went to the car accessory shop.

I love the led's that illuminate the front air dam of cars.On the way to the shop all i was thinking was where to install them and which color ?

My headlights are slightly white , however my pilot lights are blue. After a lot of contemplation i decided for blue and i must say it was the right choice.

I would let the pics do the talking now , Sorry for the pic quality , that's all my BB torch is capable of . However if someone wants better pics , i would be delighted to upload them

Led's with pilot bulbs. Its actually not as bright as it looks, that's my torch at work.
Auto Lighting thread : Post all queries about automobile lighting here-img2011121400410-new.jpg

With the fogs on :-
Auto Lighting thread : Post all queries about automobile lighting here-img2011121400411-new.jpg

Another shot
Auto Lighting thread : Post all queries about automobile lighting here-img2011121400415-new.jpg

Okay one last
Auto Lighting thread : Post all queries about automobile lighting here-img2011121400418-new.jpg

These are the essential vision at work , Low Beam :-
Auto Lighting thread : Post all queries about automobile lighting here-img2011121400426-new.jpg

High Beam :-
Auto Lighting thread : Post all queries about automobile lighting here-img2011121400428-new.jpg

Cheers
Old 15th December 2011, 00:11   #5723
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by devenashani

i had been trying HID h7 4300k for my tata aria low beam projectors, but i was not able to find any dealer stocking them here in mumbai, even sending email to philips india was not much of help. I had option of getting one from international dealer, but price point was the deal breaker (more than 250$ + 75$ in shipping)

Thanks for the info. I am adamant on 4300k cos its the OEM color temp and it gives a better beam spread in rains. So i think i'll go for the p8 ones... One more thing. Later when one of the bulbs manages to conk, Can we possibly get a replacement bulb from P8? At a price?
Old 15th December 2011, 00:52   #5724
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by adi_petrolhead

Thanks for the info. I am adamant on 4300k cos its the OEM color temp and it gives a better beam spread in rains. So i think i'll go for the p8 ones... One more thing. Later when one of the bulbs manages to conk, Can we possibly get a replacement bulb from P8? At a price?
I was informed by dealer that p8 has replacement warranty for 1 year.

Also bulbs in the kit are not attached to blast hence can be easily replaced, they are plug and play.
Old 15th December 2011, 14:25   #5725
Senior - BHPian

@devenashani: i asked a dealer abt the P8 HID 4300k, the problem is he says that Laura and Jetta need a relay to be fitted extra. Did u have to do it in ur Aria? I hav a Laura.
Old 15th December 2011, 14:36   #5726
Senior - BHPian

Re: Finally have something substantial to contribute :)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Enigmatic View Post
Have been following this thread for a long-long time .
But never really had anything to contribute to this thread , but finally here is something that i would like to share.

The current setup that im running is nothing to write home about to be honest , but it does the job well

The bulbs that i am using are Phillips Essential Vision 90/100 W .
Reason i had chosen them over extreme vision or any other bulbs was that i wanted :-
1) 90/100 W bulbs.
2) I didn't want them to be yellow , but wanted a touch of white .

So i was left with the essential vision which i have been using for more than an year now .
And they are amazing to say the least . However once due to a faulty relay they did get fused , but other than that its been a nice experience with Phillips .

The pilot bulbs are also Phillips and are blue in color .

But the bug for something new did bite me again today and of i went to the car accessory shop.

I love the led's that illuminate the front air dam of cars.On the way to the shop all i was thinking was where to install them and which color ?

My headlights are slightly white , however my pilot lights are blue. After a lot of contemplation i decided for blue and i must say it was the right choice.

I would let the pics do the talking now , Sorry for the pic quality , that's all my BB torch is capable of . However if someone wants better pics , i would be delighted to upload them

Led's with pilot bulbs. Its actually not as bright as it looks, that's my torch at work.
Attachment 856285

With the fogs on :-
Attachment 856287

Another shot
Attachment 856290

Okay one last
Attachment 856311

These are the essential vision at work , Low Beam :-
Attachment 856302

High Beam :-
Attachment 856303

Cheers

Hey buddy, Can you share what price you paid for the essential vision bulbs? I picked up a pair for 80/- per piece. Just wanted to know if thats the correct price or if I've got some fake crap
Old 15th December 2011, 16:25   #5727
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deeps View Post
Hey buddy, Can you share what price you paid for the essential vision bulbs? I picked up a pair for 80/- per piece. Just wanted to know if thats the correct price or if I've got some fake crap
80 per piece !!!!

Sorry mate , but that's fake !..

When i had installed these an year back it costed me Rs 350 per piece , however when they were fused due to the faulty relay , and i had gone to replace them, it costed my Rs 400 per piece .

Also i remember the accessory guy telling me that for some reason Phillips is not manufacturing these bulbs any more . Although this might not be true .
However 350 a piece is the least these bulbs were available for IMHO.

Get your bulbs replaced ASAP. Fake bulbs are not only half as good as the originals, but also pose a threat to your wiring , the holders , reflectors etc .
Enigmatic is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 15th December 2011, 16:56   #5728
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Enigmatic View Post
80 per piece !!!!

Sorry mate , but that's fake !..

When i had installed these an year back it costed me Rs 350 per piece , however when they were fused due to the faulty relay , and i had gone to replace them, it costed my Rs 400 per piece .

Also i remember the accessory guy telling me that for some reason Phillips is not manufacturing these bulbs any more . Although this might not be true .
However 350 a piece is the least these bulbs were available for IMHO.

Get your bulbs replaced ASAP. Fake bulbs are not only half as good as the originals, but also pose a threat to your wiring , the holders , reflectors etc .
haha...Thanks for confirming.

Also I noticed that those are pure yellow rather than whit-ish like in your pics. Will hunt for originals right away.
Old 15th December 2011, 17:01   #5729
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deeps View Post
haha...Thanks for confirming.

Also I noticed that those are pure yellow rather than whit-ish like in your pics. Will hunt for originals right away.
Deeps, before you discard these 80/- bulbs just check if they are normal Philips H4 90/100 one's and not Essential Vision one's. If so, they may not be fake and you can decide to use them or not. I think Philips normal 90/100's cost about this much only.

If you did get these in EV packing, then they most likely are fake.
Old 15th December 2011, 17:07   #5730
Senior - BHPian

I hadn't actually put these on my car yet. I had put one in my Karizma to try (yes I know 55W is the max I should have tried) and found the beam to be yellow.

I'll put up a pic of the bulb and the box later. Hopefully it'll help others to distinguish.

EDIT: @ Mr Singla, Its about time we meet again

Last edited by Deeps : 15th December 2011 at 17:08.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks