Team-BHP > Modifications & Accessories

Search this Thread
Old 11th September 2012, 19:10   #6391
Senior - BHPian

Re: Auto Lighting thread : Post all queries about automobile lighting here

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bazinga View Post
Mate me replaced my Linea's 55W stock bulbs with Philips Rally 100W (H1) and 80W(H7). Try calling bigger dealers and am sure they would have it (despite H4 being much more popular).
Did you also add wiring and relay?
how is the light output?
Any problem with reflector blacking out due to the upgrade?
Old 11th September 2012, 19:40   #6392
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by akshay4587 View Post
Did you also add wiring and relay?
how is the light output?
Any problem with reflector blacking out due to the upgrade?
It was direct bulb replacement. Have not added any relays or wiring etc.
Light output is much better than the stock bulbs. Long beam has improved a lot (55 to 100W).

Have upgraded it last weekend so will comment on the blackening etc after some running at nights.

Also the availability for H1/H7 with accessories shops is pretty bleak and I almost got no options (everybody talks about H4s).
Bazinga is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 12th September 2012, 11:25   #6393
BHPian

Dear friends,

I own an i20 Asta. Its a year old now. I'm not quiet happy with the throw of the headlight and hence I was planning to go for better ones.
I'm also sitting on a 3 year warranty which I Dont want to tamper with and hence I'm planning to get bulbs which are plug and play and Dont require any relays or wire cutting or any socket replacements.

Could you please recommend me some good models/brands and the approximate price?

Also would they be street legal in Pune?

I have read somewhere on another thread about Osram Nightbreaker Plus 60/55w 12v H4. Are they any good?

I Dont want any disco lights. What i meant is with blue/purple effects, wannabe imitation types etc. Just simple good lights with increased power for better visibility.

Also, my car has fog lamps. Could someone please recommend me the plug and play bulbs for fog lamps as well?
Old 13th September 2012, 14:27   #6394
BHPian

Dear BHP-ians,

I was checking out this brand P8 and discovered that they have tabulated headlight and fog lamp details for all Indian cars - yes, ALL INDIAN CARS

I cannot comment on the correctness but it is accurate for the few cars I know

http://amritrasindia.com/hid/suitable_index.html

P.S. do not forget to thank this post if you find useful
vivekrvcse is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 13th September 2012, 19:08   #6395
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by arrowaby
Dear friends,

I own an i20 Asta. Its a year old now. I'm not quiet happy with the throw of the headlight and hence I was planning to go for better ones.
I'm also sitting on a 3 year warranty which I Dont want to tamper with and hence I'm planning to get bulbs which are plug and play and Dont require any relays or wire cutting or any socket replacements.

Could you please recommend me some good models/brands and the approximate price?

Also would they be street legal in Pune?

I have read somewhere on another thread about Osram Nightbreaker Plus 60/55w 12v H4. Are they any good?

I Dont want any disco lights. What i meant is with blue/purple effects, wannabe imitation types etc. Just simple good lights with increased power for better visibility.

Also, my car has fog lamps. Could someone please recommend me the plug and play bulbs for fog lamps as well?
For the headlamps you can look at Philips xtream vision or osram nb+. Haven't used them, but was planning to upgrade on my swift too and had done a lot of asking around. These were the recommended option if you didn't want to go for 100/90 setup. Philips had better reviews.
funkyp is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 15th September 2012, 20:07   #6396
anb
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ramzsys View Post
I have an Ikon which i bought it used. The previous owner had replaced both the headlights as well as added 130/100W Osram bulbs.

Since i decided that it is an overkill, i replaced it with 100/90W Philips rally. While replacing, i found out that both the sides had a relay and a fuse(forgot to note the relay wattage).

Any ideas why the previous owner went for this setup(instead of a single relay)?

My another query is that, the electrician said that Bosch 100/90W bulbs are not efficient as they generate more heat than Philips rally. But the beam is more yellowish from Bosch when compared to Philips.

So will the Bosch be better while driving through fog/rain?
Philips rally is the best 100 W bulb available in the market. Two relays and fuse are for more safety. If you have installed only one relay and if it fails, then suddenly you become blind, which can be very dangerous at very high speeds. If you have two relays, one bulb will be working in case of failure with any of the relays.
Old 15th September 2012, 22:48   #6397
BHPian

I am upgrading to Philips xtreme vision. Anyone who's bought the bulbs recently can tell me the best price? I have read around the forum I can get it for 1200 a pair for h4 (swift)

Are there fakes floating around or can I get it done at the nearest automotive spare shop?
Old 15th September 2012, 23:05   #6398
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by arrowaby View Post
I used Osram Nightbreaker Plus 60/55w for some time in my Dzire, it was much better than the stock bulb but when it rains the visibility was very poor. Hence moved to 100/90 Philips Rally with relay.
Old 16th September 2012, 13:27   #6399
Senior - BHPian

I recently upgraded to Philips Extreme vision(55/60) on my truck, it is better then the normal once, also otherday drove in heavy rains while with the normal bulbs it used to be very diffuclt to drive in rains during the night, but was pleasantly surprised to see Extreme vision worked magnificently!

Need to thank Tbhpian KishoreB for suggesting me the same

Quote:
Originally Posted by arun_josie View Post
I used Osram Nightbreaker Plus 60/55w for some time in my Dzire, it was much better than the stock bulb but when it rains the visibility was very poor. Hence moved to 100/90 Philips Rally with relay.
Old 16th September 2012, 19:59   #6400
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by funkyp
I am upgrading to Philips xtreme vision. Anyone who's bought the bulbs recently can tell me the best price? I have read around the forum I can get it for 1200 a pair for h4 (swift)

Are there fakes floating around or can I get it done at the nearest automotive spare shop?
I went hunting for xtreme vision today on Milan subway. Of the couple of shops I asked at, no one seemed to have a clue as to what it was! They kept talking about 100/90 with relay!!

Any idea where in Mumbai I can procure xtreme vision
Old 17th September 2012, 19:37   #6401
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by funkyp

I went hunting for xtreme vision today on Milan subway. Of the couple of shops I asked at, no one seemed to have a clue as to what it was! They kept talking about 100/90 with relay!!

Any idea where in Mumbai I can procure xtreme vision
Chandrika Automobiles, Dadar, near Portuguese Church should have it.
Old 18th September 2012, 08:54   #6402
BANNED

Anybody selling Xtreme Vision H4 by mail order? Please send me the link.
Old 18th September 2012, 13:18   #6403
BHPian

Any one can help me source HL reflectors for new ikon motorised or non motorised, new HL costs 4.4k a piece :(
Old 19th September 2012, 01:42   #6404
Senior - BHPian

funkyp : You might get them at one of the car accessory shops in Bandra on SV Road
Old 20th September 2012, 11:51   #6405

Dear friends,
A friend of mine is looking for projector headlamps and led fog lamps for his 2006 Baleno vxi in Bangalore. Any of our fellow bhpians have carried out such mods or do you guys know anybody who can source this.His only requirement is that the lights shouldnt look way out from OEM lights.Pls throw some light.

Most Viewed