Team-BHP > Modifications & Accessories
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 22nd October 2012, 13:04   #6466
Team-BHP Support

Re: Auto Lighting thread : Post all queries about automobile lighting here

I was using Philips Xtreme Vision on my Figo for a year. They were very good till the time they lasted. Low beam filament on both bulbs blew within a year. Rs.800 for a pair that didn't last a year. Was a bit disappointed.

Went to Osram Silverstar which have longer life but not as good as Xtreme Vision. Plan to try out Osram NB+ next time around.
Old 22nd October 2012, 13:08   #6467

First of all, I must thank every one here who had actually helped get the lighting issue fixed in my I20. I was a passive participant in here as my membership was pending for sometime and recently i had gotten it approved.

Now coming to the point, I had recently changed the head lamps from the stock ones to a 90/100 Narva with of course the relay. This seems to be working fine (touch wood, so far so good). However I noticed that the I20 headlamp kit seems to have a small prism like thingy right at the tip of the holder. Is it possible for me to remove that? And if I remove it, what are the implications that I would have? The last thing i want is to remove it and i see that the light is just focused only in the middle and not spread out completely. That would defeat the purpose of the entire exercise.

It would be great if someone could throw some light on this issue.

Thanks.
Old 22nd October 2012, 13:38   #6468
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brute_force View Post
First of all, I must thank every one here who had actually helped get the lighting issue fixed in my I20. I was a passive participant in here as my membership was pending for sometime and recently i had gotten it approved.

Now coming to the point, I had recently changed the head lamps from the stock ones to a 90/100 Narva with of course the relay. This seems to be working fine (touch wood, so far so good). However I noticed that the I20 headlamp kit seems to have a small prism like thingy right at the tip of the holder. Is it possible for me to remove that? And if I remove it, what are the implications that I would have? The last thing i want is to remove it and i see that the light is just focused only in the middle and not spread out completely. That would defeat the purpose of the entire exercise.

It would be great if someone could throw some light on this issue.

Thanks.

Not just the i20, almost all vehicles on road today have that cup.
Dont remove it. Its primarily there to prevent glare for oncoming traffic.
As far as I know, it doesnt aid, or restrict your focus.
Old 22nd October 2012, 14:52   #6469
NKR
BHPian

[quote=revintup;2936374]
Quote:
Originally Posted by NKR View Post

I was going to go to the exact shop (recommended by a friend).

How are the NB+ performing? In night generally and especially in the rain?
The bulbs are performing well with good vision during rain. In fact I was driving in heavy rain at night in Wayanad the other day with no problems.
Old 23rd October 2012, 23:24   #6470
BHPian

Guys I upgraded my Cruze stock headlights to 100/80 Osram ones with relay.I read somewhere on the forum that one must use ceramic cup holders for this pair of headlights.It has been over a month with no issues.Any idea what kind of cup holders Cruze comes with??If plastic should I go for Ceramic ones??

Thanks
Old 24th October 2012, 01:05   #6471
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by KINI View Post
Guys I upgraded my Cruze stock headlights to 100/80 Osram ones with relay.I read somewhere on the forum that one must use ceramic cup holders for this pair of headlights.It has been over a month with no issues.Any idea what kind of cup holders Cruze comes with??If plastic should I go for Ceramic ones??

Thanks
Generally the relay kit has wiring included which includes high temperature resistant sockets!

I upgraded my brother's ANHC's headlamps to Phillips essential vision 100/90 and used Philips wiring kit with relay(the kit includes high temperature sockets for the upgraded bulbs)
sohail99 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 24th October 2012, 07:29   #6472
BANNED

Infractions: 0/2 (8)

Just saw my neighbours old 2004 GLX model Scorpio which is sporting the new headlight assembly from the latest gen Scorpio. It does look nice and I dont think that he has had to change anything on the fascia in order to fit the new headlight assembly, because the front face of the Scorpio, its radiator grille and so on looks the same as it always was.
Old 24th October 2012, 08:49   #6473
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vid6639 View Post
I was using Philips Xtreme Vision on my Figo for a year. They were very good till the time they lasted. Low beam filament on both bulbs blew within a year. Rs.800 for a pair that didn't last a year. Was a bit disappointed.
Rs.800 for a pair sounds a bit on the lower side. But maybe there are sources selling them that that price. I somehow will trust Osram a bit more.
Old 24th October 2012, 10:50   #6474
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by sgiitk View Post
Rs.800 for a pair sounds a bit on the lower side. But maybe there are sources selling them that that price. I somehow will trust Osram a bit more.
No I too had researched multiple threads and came across 750/- as the ideal price. I too got mine at 800/- about 20 months back.

--R
Old 24th October 2012, 11:38   #6475

Quote:
Originally Posted by mayankk View Post
Not just the i20, almost all vehicles on road today have that cup.
Dont remove it. Its primarily there to prevent glare for oncoming traffic.
As far as I know, it doesnt aid, or restrict your focus.
Sure Mayankk. Thanks.
Old 24th October 2012, 12:38   #6476
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by sgiitk View Post
Rs.800 because I buy mine from the Karnataka distributor and not from car accessory shops. This is from a guy who distributes to all the accessory shops.

Same for Osram NB+, The price I got was Rs.950 for a pair.
Vid6639 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 24th October 2012, 14:10   #6477
BHPian

I am bit disappointed with my Linea's stock headlights on highway during night driving..can't see much farther.I'm not looking for too bright lights to blind the driver coming from opposite side and want lights with no messing with stock wiring and complicated electrical system of Linea.

Last edited by rsjaurr : 24th October 2012 at 14:37.
Old 24th October 2012, 15:11   #6478
BHPian

Going through this thread, I have changed my Ertiga lights to 100/90 Philips H4, alongwith a Hella relay. Now, during fitment, the relay has been grounded to the Body at two spots, near the hinges of the Bonnet (L & R both). Is this required and correct?
Further, I now want to get a light fitted in the center of the Cabin, for the passengers who will be in the middle seats. Any recommendations for aftermarket options? I don't want the twisty stalk based lights, but would be interested in a roof mounted/ ac unit edge mounted fixed light, controlled by the doors, similar to the default interior lights.
Old 24th October 2012, 15:27   #6479
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vid6639

Rs.800 because I buy mine from the Karnataka distributor and not from car accessory shops. This is from a guy who distributes to all the accessory shops.

Same for Osram NB+, The price I got was Rs.950 for a pair.
Please share the name and address of this distributor
Old 24th October 2012, 15:57   #6480
Senior - BHPian

The HID kits that we get in the market are they 35W or 55W ? Say the ones that are manufactured by Philips or P8 .
I recently got 35w 6000k h8 HID kits for the fog lamps of my car, so i was thinking if i can source a pair of H4 bulbs, can the same set of 35W ballast be used for the headlamps also instead of the fog lamps .
Also how does the output change when we use 55w HIDs compared to 35W HIDs .

Will the output of 35K 4300k H4 HID better than 90/100W bulbs ?

I changed the philips Rally 90/100W bulbs of my car to the Philips essential vision 90/100 bulbs recently and not very happy with them .So was planning to switch back to Rally 90/100W but before the switch just wanted to see if i can check out the HID way also . I know HID w/o projectors are not recommended, but i dont use headlights much within city due to the presence of hids on fog lamps .

Please advise .

Cheers

Last edited by Schoudhury : 24th October 2012 at 16:01.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks