Team-BHP > Modifications & Accessories
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 12th November 2012, 11:53   #6556
BHPian

Re: Auto Lighting thread : Post all queries about automobile lighting here

For the experts here... my OHC Type II has been in an overhaul for the last few days & I've got the Headlight's replaced with a brand new pair of Depo's as the old one's had heavy fade on the plastic.

I've also wanted to change from the current bulbs - Philips Rally 130/90 iirc as they're really not that good. I have original Bosch relays installed already so i was considering what would be a better upgrade for me over these??

I prefer a more natural white light than the current yellow tinted Philips Rally halogens.

Could anyone suggest what to get and where? From what i understand, getting Original Philips bulbs in Mumbai is not quite easy?

I'm not too far away from Opera House so if anyone could suggest a good contact for genuine lighting stuff.. please let me know asap! Thanks in advance.
Old 13th November 2012, 01:02   #6557
BHPian

can someone help me source neolite neo 755 fog lights for my zen,looked for it on jc road,but couldnt find it.
Old 14th November 2012, 18:03   #6558
BHPian

Guys.. any suggestions please for my query??
Old 14th November 2012, 19:00   #6559
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vandit View Post
I prefer a more natural white light than the current yellow tinted Philips Rally halogens.
Pure white light would be hard to replicate in halogens. For that you will need HID's. But not recommended in stock reflectors as it will scatter most of the usable light. There are many other models in Philips which you could try. I had previously used Osram Cool blue. There's a tinge of white light in them and provided good visibility.
Old 14th November 2012, 20:17   #6560
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by naveen.raju View Post
Pure white light would be hard to replicate in halogens. For that you will need HID's. But not recommended in stock reflectors as it will scatter most of the usable light. There are many other models in Philips which you could try. I had previously used Osram Cool blue. There's a tinge of white light in them and provided good visibility.
Thanks Naveen. I intended to check out the availability of Osram Nightbreaker Plus in Mumbai. However my current bulbs are the of a much higher wattage. As far as possible, i only want to go as high as necessary on the wattage so as to avoid the risk of having the plastic burn out over time.

So i'm a bit stuck on going down back to the 65 watt range or so.. A couple of people i spoke to said that the Philips Diamond vision was not so good.. The Crystal vision was ok.. but i didn't get any convincing answer on either one.
Old 15th November 2012, 09:38   #6561
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Thanks Naveen. I intended to check out the availability of Osram Nightbreaker Plus in Mumbai. However my current bulbs are the of a much higher wattage. As far as possible, i only want to go as high as necessary on the wattage so as to avoid the risk of having the plastic burn out over time.

So i'm a bit stuck on going down back to the 65 watt range or so.. A couple of people i spoke to said that the Philips Diamond vision was not so good.. The Crystal vision was ok.. but i didn't get any convincing answer on either one.
100/90w would be sufficient I think. I did feel that this setup itself produces a lot of heat. This is the reason why I moved to projectors. Over a period of time, it can cause damage to the headlight casing. Personally seen few cars. Check out other brands/models in the 100/90 category.
Old 15th November 2012, 13:00   #6562
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by naveen.raju View Post
100/90w would be sufficient I think. I did feel that this setup itself produces a lot of heat. This is the reason why I moved to projectors. Over a period of time, it can cause damage to the headlight casing. Personally seen few cars. Check out other brands/models in the 100/90 category.
I saw your video on the self levelling (morimoto??) kit you installed. You managed to get the whole projector HID setup done for just 9k?? Would they be suitable for the H4 setup on the OHC?
Old 15th November 2012, 13:15   #6563
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
I saw your video on the self levelling (morimoto??) kit you installed. You managed to get the whole projector HID setup done for just 9k?? Would they be suitable for the H4 setup on the OHC?
I got the entire headlight assembly with projectors in them.
Projector headlight assembly - 15k
HID's - 7.5k

I use H9 HID's. Projectors have different bulb configurations. Just check with the projectors before buying HID's.
Old 15th November 2012, 17:21   #6564
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
For the OHC, you can easily have a Philips Rally 100/90. I have the same with Hella Relay and find it so much better than stock. 130 would be an overkill plus it would blind the other drivers and also generate a lot of heat. Within mumbai where the streets are lit properly, you actually dont require a 130 bulb. If you are looking for the occasional highway runs, you could fabricate a bracket and mount 2 Hellas on the Bumper. those would serve the purpose.

If you are looking at projectors in mumbai, why dont you contact Ryan_Wheels. He recently got the projector setup done for his OHC.
Old 15th November 2012, 23:52   #6565
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Desmosedici View Post
For the OHC, you can easily have a Philips Rally 100/90. I have the same with Hella Relay and find it so much better than stock. 130 would be an overkill plus it would blind the other drivers and also generate a lot of heat. Within mumbai where the streets are lit properly, you actually dont require a 130 bulb. If you are looking for the occasional highway runs, you could fabricate a bracket and mount 2 Hellas on the Bumper. those would serve the purpose.

If you are looking at projectors in mumbai, why dont you contact Ryan_Wheels. He recently got the projector setup done for his OHC.
Thanks.

Yeah i contacted Ryan a while back and i saw his post on the OHC thread in the technical discussions forum. Anyways.. will take a call what to do once the car gets back from service.
Old 17th November 2012, 01:30   #6566
BHPian

Can someone suggest a good headlight upgrade for Indigo? Mine's a 2010 model with twin beams, H1 for high beam, H7 for low beam and H11 for the front fogs. Stock bulbs are 55w and 60w. On high beam, both sets of beams are lit. That's 230W, plus another 110W (340W total) if the fogs are lit too. The problem is, if I upgrade all the bulbs to 100w range, the total power jumps to ~400W (600W with fogs). Would the alternator handle this?

Which bulbs would you suggest? I'd like a great spread in low beam, since I don't use high beam that often. I use the front fogs almost all the time. Also, any idea where to get good rates for bulbs in Trivandrum or Kochi? Thanks in advance guys.

Last edited by vivekgk : 17th November 2012 at 01:32. Reason: Added detail
Old 17th November 2012, 01:40   #6567
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vivekgk
Can someone suggest a good headlight upgrade for Indigo? Mine's a 2010 model with twin beams, H1 for high beam, H7 for low beam and H11 for the front fogs. Stock bulbs are 55w and 60w. On high beam, both sets of beams are lit. That's 230W, plus another 110W (340W total) if the fogs are lit too. The problem is, if I upgrade all the bulbs to 100w range, the total power jumps to ~400W (600W with fogs). Would the alternator handle this?

Which bulbs would you suggest? I'd like a great spread in low beam, since I don't use high beam that often. I use the front fogs almost all the time. Also, any idea where to get good rates for bulbs in Trivandrum or Kochi? Thanks in advance guys.
Most people upgrade from 55 watt to 100/90 with relay. Philips Rally is good for city and highway usage.
Regarding the alternator taking the load, I am not sure.
Old 17th November 2012, 17:02   #6568
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sommos View Post
Philips Xtreame Vision and Osram NB+ are almost the same and are viable options. The Osram NB+ are imported from Germany but the Philips XV are being manufactured in China.
Just yesterday I bought a pair of PXVs for 800 + 100Tax from Philips distributor in Mumbai near Opera House. The MRP is marked as 600 per bulb. The country of manufacture is marked as Germany. The light benefit is claimed as 100% extra. I have troubles with highway night driving on the stock bulbs so decided to go in for a little bit of extra light. I would hate to dazzle other users of the road just as much as I hate them dazzling me. I also do understand that if my windscreen glass has a sun-film then I may not see as much brightness as claimed. I have yet to fit these new bulbs, and will report the results when the deed is done.
Old 18th November 2012, 09:00   #6569
BHPian

Last night, my Punto's left side high beam died, it was Phiilips Xtreme Power and served very well for 2 years, now I need to search for a replacement and which one I should go for? Night driving on highways count my 70% of travel, went to Philips website after a long time and seems they have updated the product listings, and I am confued, need some help..
Old 18th November 2012, 09:55   #6570
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by asdon View Post
Last night, my Punto's left side high beam died, it was Phiilips Xtreme Power and served very well for 2 years, now I need to search for a replacement and which one I should go for? Night driving on highways count my 70% of travel, went to Philips website after a long time and seems they have updated the product listings, and I am confued, need some help..
If you were satisfied with the Extremen Vision, please go ahead and opt the for the same again.

Or you can look at the 100/90W set up too.
nkrishnap is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks