Team-BHP > Modifications & Accessories
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 4th August 2007, 00:46   #661
BHPian

@JayD - I have used Philips Bluevision 100/90 and they were very good. The light isnt perfectly white but a very good balance between stock and white. Check out the picture on my OHC.

I believe the other good options in 100/90 are Narva and Osram, but I'm just telling you my personal experience.
Old 6th August 2007, 11:51   #662
vidvai

i wanted to know, does anyone know how i can make my zen headlights clear instead of the normal hazy glass that is there..i have installed streetglow xenons and want the glass to be clear instead of hazy...will replacing the glass do or do i have to replace the reflector as well?

thanks!

Old 6th August 2007, 14:48   #663
BHPian

checkout the website for really good prices on HID kits GERMAN ENGINEERED HID KITS $139, HID Xenon Conversion Kit, HID Kit, Xenon, HID Replacement Parts, Buy HID
Old 8th August 2007, 20:50   #664
BHPian

Hi guys,
I intend fitting fog lamps on my Indica. Should I get it done at the Tata authorised service station or any of the automible spare parts shops who also do it? Also what would be a decent brand and approx cost.

Thanks
Old 8th August 2007, 22:19   #665
BHPian

OEM Brand for Indica Fog lamps is Minda, should cost you around Rs.600-700 in the Open market and around 1400 with the dealer.

Since Indica's are pre-wired for Fog lamps, Additonal horn and Music System, Just plug it in the coupler and it will work, Although You may need to buy an Orignal Indica Switch to fit in the Dash point unless you want a seprate Rocker Switch.

Warranty remains valid on the car, until you don't cut into the orignal wiring, since most parts are Coupler based, I don't think it will be an Issue.

Would still recommend TASS for the Work, At least you are sure of the Quality and Genuine spare.

Last edited by wolfinstein : 8th August 2007 at 22:25.
Old 9th August 2007, 07:13   #666
BHPian

wolfinstein ... thank you so much .. will visit the TASS and get it done.
Old 9th August 2007, 14:07   #667
BHPian

Skoda 1.9TDi light upgrade

Hi! Guys,

Can anyone help me in upgrading the lights on my Skoda 1.9TDI Rider. The low beam is so low and not bright at all. Most of the time have to use high beam to get some decent light throw on the road. Hate doing it in city though.

Would like to upgrade to either a powerful HID or 100/90 from Philips. Can anyone suggest a professional who can do the job.

Would appreciate your help.
Thanks
Old 9th August 2007, 17:29   #668
BHPian

prithi,

I urge you take it to your dealership to get it done, otherwise you will repent. You will have to use a relay. If have time try and compare vision plus , crystal vision with osram and such 55/60 stuff rather than going for relay.
Old 9th August 2007, 18:31   #669
Distinguished - BHPian

Other end of the car...

Swift VDI.

What to do to get decent amount of light for reversing?
Old 9th August 2007, 18:39   #670
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thad E Ginathom View Post
Other end of the car...

Swift VDI.

What to do to get decent amount of light for reversing?
nothing to do with light. bu how about parking sensors or a camera.
Old 9th August 2007, 22:00   #671
Distinguished - BHPian

No... I never had a car before without reversing lights that allowed me to see where I was going, and if I was about to hit anything.

These are pathetic and provide no illumination at all.

The dealers tried to sell me all that parking sensor stuff. I pointed out that I could drive, thankyou!

Great in something huge. Utterly unnecessary in a hatchback where the back of the car is right there, right where that window you can see from inside is!

And a camera needs light...

Last edited by Thad E Ginathom : 9th August 2007 at 22:03.
Old 10th August 2007, 12:06   #672
BHPian

Thanks swathyd,
Where can I get these bulbs instead of doing the relay stuff.
Old 10th August 2007, 13:31   #673
Senior - BHPian

Well talk of bullying cab drivers in bangy. I did it last night while driving back home. The 130/100 bulbs makes them put their tail between their legs.

The retards never could drive with low beams in the city. Always have their high beams on and inspite of flashing they never seemed to bother.

Last night on a couple of instances, I changed to high beam and the very next reaction from cabbies or other drivers is to change to low beam.

Am loving it . Bring it on cabbies am waiting.
Old 10th August 2007, 17:17   #674
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prithvi View Post
Thanks swathyd,
Where can I get these bulbs instead of doing the relay stuff.
Go to any auto accessory shop or to electrical shop which sells auto bulbs.If difficult to locate, pm some bhpians from banglore.
Old 10th August 2007, 18:24   #675
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thad E Ginathom View Post
No... I never had a car before without reversing lights that allowed me to see where I was going, and if I was about to hit anything.

These are pathetic and provide no illumination at all.

The dealers tried to sell me all that parking sensor stuff. I pointed out that I could drive, thankyou!

Great in something huge. Utterly unnecessary in a hatchback where the back of the car is right there, right where that window you can see from inside is!

And a camera needs light...
imo - theyre not meant to provide illumination. theyre meant to warn the people behind you that your reversing. and just because you have parking sensors dosent mean your a bad driver.

there is also a thread on a reverse cam in a swift. just check it out. it might give you some ideas.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks